• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Octopath Traveler, Empire of Sin, Undertale, Yakuza 6 Coming to GamePass

Banjo64

cumsessed
MS fans flipping out over years old games because you can rent them now.
200.gif

KouNaN

Neo Member
This is nice..... I don't even have time to play it all. At least now the bethesda games are there to stay, so I can play other stuff first.

Andodalf

Banned
They just had PSVR2 news, a State of Play and a Returnal trailer last month. They haven't said shit in months? Really? They gave away Control UE, Concrete Genie, Farpoint, FFVII Remake, Remnant and Destruction All Stars among others. They're dropping Returnal next month, Deathloop the month after that and Ratchet & Clank the month after that, with Resident Evil Village + marketing rights in between. And they're giving away the new Oddworld on PS Plus. I mean, what the hell is wrong with you? Seriously.
PSVR2 being so far away is kinda a bummer. Returnal doesn't move the needle. FFVII Is the only game there that's big news, but the fact that theres an upgrade a month later that it doesn't come with kills the hype. Deathloop looks great, but anyone with gamepass will just wait a year to get it free, and Sony fans don't want to hype a game MS owns. No one cares about marketing rights. Ratchet is nice but If that's the tentpole 1st party title It's a brutal time

OsirisBlack

Banned
He means the debut on the non-mobile consoles will be on Game Pass day one.
You all know that doesn’t really count right? If someone else already had the privilege of playing the game (and you could already play it docked on switch for non mobile play if you choose) it’s kind of not day one more like day 940 give or take a few days.

I'm obviously out of the loop, I had never even heard of Octopath Traveler. Another game to add to the list. My problem is that my "to play" list is getting too big. I'm just finishing Yakuza Kiwami 2 and they are already releasing Yakuza 6! Not to mention that I would like to try both Squadrons and Empire of Sin. I wish I could find more time for gaming!

DaGwaphics

They just had PSVR2 news, a State of Play and a Returnal trailer last month. They haven't said shit in months? Really? They gave away Control UE, Concrete Genie, Farpoint, FFVII Remake, Remnant and Destruction All Stars among others. They're dropping Returnal next month, Deathloop the month after that and Ratchet & Clank the month after that, with Resident Evil Village + marketing rights in between. And they're giving away the new Oddworld on PS Plus. I mean, what the hell is wrong with you? Seriously.

Sony's got plenty of news, and there are plenty of threads for that. This particular thread is about the new additions to GP.

Last edited:

Bramble

Well, you are welcome to like those but they don't impress me as much as they impressed you, which is fine.

I was probably to harsh in my words, I agree but the scope and frequency is disappointing.

The first thing I'd say is that most of those are old announcements (besides the plus stuff of course) and some are meh at best. You can't really compare the ps announcements lately to the ms ones in my mind.

The psvr2 news really wasn't news either as it is like two years out.

I just want more as a ps5 only owner.

PSVR2 being so far away is kinda a bummer. Returnal doesn't move the needle. FFVII Is the only game there that's big news, but the fact that theres an upgrade a month later that it doesn't come with kills the hype. Deathloop looks great, but anyone with gamepass will just wait a year to get it free, and Sony fans don't want to hype a game MS owns. No one cares about marketing rights. Ratchet is nice but If that's the tentpole 1st party title It's a brutal time

Are we debating your personal opinions about the contents of the news (really, I don't care) or the fact there was plenty of news and that initial statement just being dead wrong? Oh and how about that Jade Raymond new studio exclusive? Even more news. Really, Sony is fine.

MaulerX

You all know that doesn’t really count right? If someone else already had the privilege of playing the game (and you could already play it docked on switch for non mobile play if you choose) it’s kind of not day one more like day 940 give or take a few days.

What doesn't count? It's debuting on non-mobile consoles on Game Pass day one. You obviously could have played it on the Switch for a while now. One doesn't invalidate the other. Both statements are correct.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Are we debating your personal opinions about the contents of the news (really, I don't care) or the fact there was plenty of news and that initial statement just being dead wrong? Oh and how about that Jade Raymond new studio exclusive? Even more news. Really, Sony is fine.
The level of announcements isn't remotely the same, anyone can see that. If you are ok with things already announced being announced again or something that will happen in 2+ years I guess good for you. MS is dominating the news cycle.

Will Sony be fine, for sure, should they do more? I'd say so.

I can't believe it used to cost me $7 to rent a NES game for a weekend and now I'm paying $7 a month to access more games than I will ever have time to play.

Every time I'm wrapping up a current game another bunch of games I want to play are added. Games showing up at launch, series of games that I missed, classics. There's a lot to chose from, hope they keep this momentum going.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I can't believe it used to cost me $7 to rent a NES game for a weekend and now I'm paying $7 a month to access more games than I will ever have time to play.

Every time I'm wrapping up a current game another bunch of games I want to play are added. Games showing up at launch, series of games that I missed, classics. There's a lot to chose from, hope they keep this momentum going.
I did the $1 top up for 3 years of GP. Came out to $1.13 with tax.

So for the same price a shitty bag of store brand chips which can be bought for 99 cents + tax, I got 3 years of games which includes EA Play and tons of recent games.

You will never see something like this in gaming history unless someone wants to come out with a similar deal for less than $1. And if it happens, the only player that would do it is MS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom