• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Observer: System Redux is Simply Better on PS5 Than Xbox Series X

ToadMan

You were the one saying The Medium is the one game that might not come off as looking worse during since it isn't multiplatform. Which implies that the XsX looks worse/performs on every released multiplatform game. This is factually incorrect.

I agree console warring is silly, but I would argue that suggesting an indie game is some sort of a technical bar for console performance is also infantile.

Its hard to be critical of people console warring while you are throwing grenades yourself.

I made exactly the opposite of this point lol

Keep on going warrior! I think you can do better - 3% to 8% better at least.

I love that someone posted a developer tweet saying "Hey, update is out! We're still fixing shit" and not one person has cared to ask what that did for performance but instead continued to fight their war.

I love that someone posted a developer tweet saying "Hey, update is out! We're still fixing shit" and not one person has cared to ask what that did for performance but instead continued to fight their war.
Also is there an actual video of the latest versions of both games running on the respective consoles? I suppose the words are enough to declare victory.

kuncol02

Banned
Because that tweet has answer for your question. Nothing. They are investigating performance issues.

oldergamer

Nope.

XSX chip was complete before ps5 chip.
A small number of early chips to verify doesn't mean they were able to go into production. Its pretty obvious based on how late it was until we were seeing games running on actual hardware. The devkits arrived extremely late.

I'm confident we will see improvements in performance with the titles that were not launch games or titles that pushed into 2021.

If you compare console launch games from any generation its hit of miss on performance. The difference this time is 1 or 2 % which is practically nothing.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I am going to take a bait, which I kind of elborated before. I think that there is a chance, that MS does not have proper functioning SMT, meanwhile PS5 have that all the time turned on. On the top of that, we know for fact, taht draw calls cost almost nothing on Playstation and it's expesive on Xbox, that way when for example on XSX there is more object on the screen, it starts to shit the bed. Maybe I am wrong, but I can see it.

And yeah I took the bait, because everyone is suddenly HW architect, so I at least know programming, so I took a plunge : D

A small number of early chips to verify doesn't mean they were able to go into production. Its pretty obvious based on how late it was until we were seeing games running on actual hardware. The devkits arrived extremely late.

I'm confident we will see improvements in performance with the titles that were not launch games or titles that pushed into 2021.

If you compare console launch games from any generation its hit of miss on performance. The difference this time is 1 or 2 % which is practically nothing.
Yeah I remember reading stories on how developers were really late in getting development units for the Series X. Apparently we’ve all forgotten about those. Like Jeff Grubbs comment...

Shmunter

I played the PS4 version on PS5. It looks amazing and is locked 60. There is a momentary hitch when crossing a loading point here and there.

I can’t see anything worthwhile in this remaster to be honest.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I am going to take a bait, which I kind of elborated before. I think that there is a chance, that MS does not have proper functioning SMT, meanwhile PS5 have that all the time turned on. On the top of that, we know for fact, taht draw calls cost almost nothing on Playstation and it's expesive on Xbox, that way when for example on XSX there is more object on the screen, it starts to shit the bed. Maybe I am wrong, but I can see it.

And yeah I took the bait, because everyone is suddenly HW architect, so I at least know programming, so I took a plunge : D

MS is running Windows, no further explanation is needed.

Update 18/11/2020: After reaching out to Bloober Team, we were given the following statement:

“We are working on increasing the game’s performance and solve problems with ray tracing. So stay tuned”

It seems the team is aware of issues with the Xbox Series X version of the game, then, and so it may improve with a later patch

Evilms

Banned
uKjuZIY.png

PUBQnCE.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom