• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Observer: System Redux is Simply Better on PS5 Than Xbox Series X

Montauk

Fuck me, I really can't wait until we get a year or two into this gen and this daily barrage of 'this one story proves the superiority of - whatever - console' shit stops.

Do you guys seriously think you're going to settle the generation in these threads? Do you think of yourselves as unpaid warriors for one side or another?

sircaw

Banned
Fuck me, I really can't wait until we get a year or two into this gen and this daily barrage of 'this one story proves the superiority of - whatever - console' shit stops.

Do you guys seriously think you're going to settle the generation in these threads? Do you think of yourselves as unpaid warriors for one side or another?

you own an xbox by the sounds of it? It will get fixed and improved, don't worry about it,

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with anything, the hardware is there, an abundance of it, and RT hardware is on board, and more of it, so if it's absent it's because of some kind developmental issue and entirely tied to software.

This isn't even a question at this point.
Thats called a not well optimised kit then . No ? Let's see how long it takes to get it optimised . By then we'll be talking about ps5 pro and xsx2 though. Sorry it didn't go like u wanted it

lol gotta justify that purchase
I bet you.... Damn too late!
niwF1GZ.png

It's right there, there's clearly development issues with this systems toolkit.

Montauk

you own an xbox by the sounds of it?

I don't own either of the new consoles. Currently I've just got a PS4 Pro. It's really telling that you immediately go to this accusation, why should I need to explain what consoles I have to you? How is it relevant to my point?

Don't make the mistake of assuming that everyone is a tedious fanboy.

I'm a gamer. This shit is embarrassing, the obsessive nature of it.

Last edited:

Connxtion

How reliable is that source? I prefer to see a true comparison, don't trust too much to the personal point of views in such things
Haven’t a clue, but there is no RT on the XSX version.

By default the game runs in performance mode (on XSX) so I suspect the PS5 does also hence the better FPS compared to the 4K mode of the XSX that does drop quite a bit in points. And the PS5 probably drops the FPS or Rez to do RT.

Am a bit annoyed the XSX doesn’t have RT, even thought it’s meant to sigh. (It advertisers as doing so)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ps5 is better optimised and engineered i would say to be ready and be punching above its weight. Cerny did his job 😌
I am blown away by the fact that Spiderman runs at native 4k 30 fps with ray traced reflections EVERYWHERE. massive tall skyscrapers. Check. Small grocery stores. Check. Spiderman's Suit. Check. Puddles. Check. Random cars and vans reflecting everything.... like wtf.

And it does that while looking almost a gen ahead of watch dogs and it runs at more than double the resolution. Like how?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am blown away by the fact that Spiderman runs at native 4k 30 fps with ray traced reflections EVERYWHERE. massive tall skyscrapers. Check. Small grocery stores. Check. Spiderman's Suit. Check. Puddles. Check. Random cars and vans reflecting everything.... like wtf.

And it does that while looking almost a gen ahead of watch dogs and it runs at more than double the resolution. Like how?

Talent.

Next time we see Ratchet and Clank it may look completely different. In a good way.

Yea I m so happy to be paying it soon. Another fucking 3 days haha .

After all the shit talk and fud ps5 took, it pulled through and served crow . From down clocking to 8 tf to over heating to not being able to do 4k or 60 or 120. It overcame all .haha

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yea I m so happy to be paying it soon. Another fucking 3 days haha .

After all the shit talk and fud ps5 took, it pulled through and served crow . From down clocking to 8 tf to over heating to not being able to do 4k or 60 or 120. It overcame all .haha
You gotta admire Sony's quiet confidence. They ooze of big dick energy and dont have to constantly advertise every little bit of advantage they might have in order to woo bitches. lol

I didnt know you were in Europe. Dont forget to play Astro bot. It's amazing. I have two songs from the game stuck in my head. I keep singing 'I am a GPU' all day annoying the shit out of my wife.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Haven’t a clue, but there is no RT on the XSX version.

By default the game runs in performance mode (on XSX) so I suspect the PS5 does also hence the better FPS compared to the 4K mode of the XSX that does drop quite a bit in points. And the PS5 probably drops the FPS or Rez to do RT.

Am a bit annoyed the XSX doesn’t have RT, even thought it’s meant to sigh. (It advertisers as doing so)
Now I'm not want to feed your disappointment but when I readen the Xbox engineer say raytracing is too many taxing and developers prefer to not use it on series X, a red light appeared in my mind. Hope to be wrong but I suspect it could be more complicate to push on series X.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I don’t understand . How the ps5 version better ? Unless it was better optimized on the ps5, there is no way ps5 can beat a XSX in terms of power. Kinda strange . Maybe that’s why digital foundry said there are surprises ?

Maybe PS5 is simply more powerful and TF’s aren’t the only basis of power as everyone from devs to Mark Cerny has been saying this entire time!

assurdum

Banned
Maybe PS5 is simply more powerful and TF’s aren’t the only basis of power as everyone from devs to Mark Cerny has been saying this entire time!
I don't think it's about power. I suspect Cerny has found a cheap way to use it on ps5, something not very precise but efficient and effective. Don't think it will stay head to head to Nvidia rtx card for example.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
The Xbox version of some game most have never heard of and will never play and isn’t a big budget game doesn’t even have ray tracing and runs worse than the PS5 version with ray tracing?

This is a dev problem 100%. Sounds like the Xbox version was a minimal effort port thrown together hastily.

SonyGAF gonna draw allllllll the conclusions from this though.

This thread going on ignore because it will be a who’s who of Sony and Craig avatars beating their chests (and something else haha)

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I don't think it's about power. I suspect Cerny has found a cheap way to use it on ps5, something not very precise but efficient and effective. Don't think it will stay head to head to Nvidia rtx card for example.

We even had a brilliant demo of Unreal Engine 5 that was said to be only possible on PS5. But since that didn’t fit the narrative everyone said it was a paid promotion and therefore lies.

The truth has been in front of our faces forever but some don’t want to admit it.

sircaw

Banned
The Xbox version of some game most have never heard of and will never play and isn’t a big budget game doesn’t even have ray tracing and runs worse than the PS5 version with ray tracing?

This is a dev problem 100%. Sounds like the Xbox version was a minimal effort per thrown together hastily.

it might be a small company with a small budget but it still looks better than the new halo and it's got ray tracing.

assurdum

Banned
We even had a brilliant demo of Unreal Engine 5 that was said to be only possible on PS5. But since that didn’t fit the narrative everyone said it was a paid promotion and therefore lies.

The truth has been in front of our faces forever but some don’t want to admit it.
I don't think both hardware are far too off in raw performance but the fact Sony talks a lot more of raytracing on ps5, talks of modest cost and to the other side hear constantly to not count too much on it and lot of similar excuses, make me think raytracing fit better on ps5 hardware. But it's just my presumption.

Last edited:
I don't think both hardware are far too off in raw performance but the fact Sony talks a lot more of raytracing on ps5, talks of modest cost and to the other side hear to not count too much on it and opposite, make me think raytracing on ps5 is more possible. But it's just my presumption.

Being serious now, MS don't seem to be too interested in RT aside from Minecraft, whereas Sony going a bit balls deep with it (Spiderman is the best console RT by a mile). I didn't expect this, I thought it would be the other way around as MS seemed more vocal about RT but in hindsight they haven't really said much and in fact, Spencer is backpeddling a bit on the whole feature.

Dammit just bought the xbox series x version.....ugh oh well still looks awesome.
Have you played original version? I've been wondering about this title. They look like they did an amazing job at optimizing it for the next-gen consoles. This could be a purchase for me, it looks interesting.

Last edited:

HAL-01

This is a dev problem 100%. Sounds like the Xbox version was a minimal effort port thrown together hastily.

This thread going on ignore because it will be a who’s who of Sony and Craig avatars beating their chests (and something else haha)
How are those superior locked clocks working out for you Mr socks? are they fun?

ANIMAL1975

Those Sony payed devs...
Pretty crazy when one consider that their next game ( the Medium) Is in developement as a (timed? ) exclusive for Xbox Series... One would think that the team has more esperience with the Xbox tools than with that of PlayStation...
Wait what!???

Last edited:
Top Bottom