• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Observer System Redux Demo Available on Steam Today

Observer: System Redux, the next-gen version of Observer, is also set to be released on PC, as well as PS5 and Xbox Series X, and a demo is out on Steam now.

Bloober Team announced during Gamescom 2020 that System Redux will be available for PC during holiday 2020 for $29.99 and feature all the same upgraded visuals and additional content as the PS5 and Xbox Series X versions.

From August 27th to September 15th, existing Observer owners on Steam can also upgrade to the System Redux version for 80% off, while those who preorder will get the OST and an artbook for free.

Observer: System Redux Trailer Teases New Trippy Cases and Secrets

Autoplay setting: On
1:29

“When we announced Observer: System Redux for next-gen consoles, we had a huge response from our PC fans asking if the remaster would be coming to their platform of choice," said Piotr Babieno, Bloober Team CEO. "We originally only planned to bring the game to consoles, but seeing the feedback we've heard from the community, we're bringing the game to PC as well. As a way to thank our community, we're putting this upgrade plan in place and looking into options to do the same on console if possible."

An Observer: System Redux demo is also available on Steam starting today for those interested in the upgraded version.

Here's everything players can expect from the System Redux version of the game, according to Bloober Team:
  • Three new major missions: Errant Signal, Her Fearful Symmetry, and It Runs in the Family
  • Updated characters models and new locations
  • Brand-new neuronal interrogation sequences
  • New stealth and mechanics
  • Undiscovered secrets
  • 4K resolution, upgraded textures, new animations, models and effects, and transformed with jaw-dropping Ray-Tracing and HDR lighting
Confirmed earlier this year for a 2020 next-gen launch, Bloober Team recently showed off Observer: System Redux gameplay to tease what new and returning players can expect from the improved version.

There's much, much more to come from Gamescom 2020 on IGN - check out our full Gamescom schedule to find out what else is on the way.

First time making a thread on here lol. But yeah I didn't see that anyone had shared this so I thought it might be worth it. Demos a little under 7gb, downloading now and gonna take some vids/photos

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Downloading now.

Is it 80% off for everyone or just owners of the original game?

GHG

Gold Member
Man the demo really doesn't have much in the way of options. No mouse sensitivity options, the HDR is forced if it detects a HDR display with no way to turn it off (Nex Machina also does this and it's very annoying), vsync doesn't seem to work.

It performs well though and looks nice enough. Ray tracing isn't present in this demo though.

Hope the final version is in a much better shape than this :/

I'll take a gamble at 80% off...

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
It's more than a typical walking sim as it includes some detective work, stealth scenes or even mini-games. But yeah, don't expect it to be an rpg or an action game.

I'm considering picking up the PS5 version despite owning it on PS4. There's no upgrade for the PS4 owners, right?

Last edited:

Jack Uzi

Banned
It's more than a typical walking sim as it includes some detective work, stealth scenes or even mini-games. But yeah, don't expect it to be an rpg or an action game.

I'm considering picking up the PS5 version despite owning it on PS4. There's no upgrade for the PS4 owners, right?

No upgrade path for this one.

Top Bottom