• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGAMER | Xbox FPS Boost : 7 Big Boost titles Analysed - Series X | S

AnotherOne

Keep those FPS Boosts coming.
Dj Khaled Ox GIF

Last edited:

Gravemind

Those warriors saying 120 fps doesn't make a difference and is a waste of resources clearly haven't experienced it first hand. Its just so damn smooth. 60 fps is still fine of course, but once you put time into a game running 120 fps, it's kind of disappointing to go back to 60 fps, and completely unbearable going to 30 fps.

If you can, do yourself a favor and get a 120 hz TV if you're running a next gen console.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
There’s no denying Xbox leads the way with the way they approach/support BC.

Hopefully Sony will have this addressed going forwards, as they have a swath of titles that could use a FPS boost.

Fredrik

Those warriors saying 120 fps doesn't make a difference and is a waste of resources clearly haven't experienced it first hand. Its just so damn smooth. 60 fps is still fine of course, but once you put time into a game running 120 fps, it's kind of disappointing to go back to 60 fps, and completely unbearable going to 30 fps.

If you can, do yourself a favor and get a 120 hz TV if you're running a next gen console.
Yeah it’s a game changer!
I’ve been playing 100+ fps games on PC for years but 120fps locked in the living room is amazing. 60fps on previous 30fps titles is also great, gives new life to games that would otherwise feel a bit dated.

I wonder, can they do this on Xbox and Xbox 360 titles or is this XB1 titles only?

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is still on the top of my wishlist. Love the game but 30fps is annoying. AC Unity plays really well at 60fps so I think the same goes for Odyssey.
Forza Horizon 2/3 at 60fps needs to happen too.
Would be cool to see something old like Ridge Racer 6 pushed up to 120fps too.
And Ninja Gaiden, that would be nuts.
Ryse at 60fps would nearly look next gen.
Soul Calibur 6, Tekken 7, DOA6 - 120fps
Dark Souls - 60fps
Quantum Break - 60fps

Fredrik

There’s no denying Xbox leads the way with the way they approach/support BC.

Hopefully Sony will have this addressed going forwards, as they have a swath of titles that could use a FPS boost.
Sony is doing it differently, they’re doing patches that remove the framerate cap. It’s cool but makes it harder to get higher fps in games made by third party devs. Not sure if they can push things up to 120fps either, might need a PS5 version for that.

Calverz

I’ve been playing 100+ fps games on PC for years but 120fps locked in the living room is amazing. 60fps on previous 30fps titles is also great, gives new life to games that would otherwise feel a bit dated.

I wonder, can they do this on Xbox and Xbox 360 titles or is this XB1 titles only?

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is still on the top of my wishlist. Love the game but 30fps is annoying. AC Unity plays really well at 60fps so I think the same goes for Odyssey.
Dark Souls - 60fps
Quantum Break - 60fps
Grid 2 at 60fps please
Ridge racer 6 isnt on the bc programme unfortunately.

I have a 120hz TV(Q90T) and I'd take 4K30 with all the bells and whistles over 120fps any day.

Fredrik

Just played Battlefield 1 in 120fps...
😲

I don’t know where to begin. First time I played any Battlefield game, or any realistic war game. I’m quite blown away to say the least, and depressed at the same time. Had no idea it was like this. Impressive gfx, ultra smooth framerate, solid gameplay, insanely detailed. And pitch black...
The story and name and birth/death year when you died was really powerful. Kinda made me sick to be honest. How can people be so jaded with this type of content but get into arms over a boob? This is dark stuff, holy crap. The realistic setting and narration combined with sitting in a tank mowing down people with a cannon in way too much detail and realism. This is so not for me. I’m playing New Super Lucky’s Tale next. 😟

Valt7786

Just played Battlefield 1 in 120fps...
😲

I don’t know where to begin. First time I played any Battlefield game, or any realistic war game. I’m quite blown away to say the least, and depressed at the same time. Had no idea it was like this. Impressive gfx, ultra smooth framerate, solid gameplay, insanely detailed. And pitch black...
The story and name and birth/death year when you died was really powerful. Kinda made me sick to be honest. How can people be so jaded with this type of content but get into arms over a boob? This is dark stuff, holy crap. The realistic setting and narration combined with sitting in a tank mowing down people with a cannon in way too much detail and realism. This is so not for me. I’m playing New Super Lucky’s Tale next. 😟
The detail and realism is a good thing imo, even with that kind of setting. Helps people to not forget what these people really went through.

Unknown?

Just curious, are there games that still tie animation to framerate? I'd imagine, if so, those games don't get these upgrades due to animations still being at 30fps?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Just curious, are there games that still tie animation to framerate? I'd imagine, if so, those games don't get these upgrades due to animations still being at 30fps?
Most of the game tie animation to the framerate, some of them are having animation at half framerate, so it does not suck that much resources, so yes it's scaling.

Dark Souls - 60fps
Quantum Break - 60fps
Ryse at 60fps would look like an early last gen title running at 60fps, I don't know why some of you think that game looks so great. Yeah maybe at launch on xbox one it was a looker but it hasn't held up very well and it's only 900p. I own the game, bought it based on some recommendations of people who had an x1 early, that was the first gen I didn't buy an xbox console at launch btw so I'm not some fanboy of another company. The game doesn't look all that special, I don't know what some of you see in it now with so much more to compare it to.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Oddly my 30 year old son, who mainly plays on his Series X, can not feel the difference between 60 and 120 and he games harder then I do.

It is night and day difference to me but he much prefers 4k 60 over 120

Fredrik

The detail and realism is a good thing imo, even with that kind of setting. Helps people to not forget what these people really went through.
I understand the thinking, but I don’t know for me there is an entertainment vs reality clash, it’s kinda like going into the cinema with a bowl of popcorn and a soda expecting to have jolly good time and then you find out that you’re watching Saving Private Ryan or Schindlers List. Appetite, gone.
With this authentity and level of detail I’m starting to question if this is enjoyable entertainment. It’s a horrible historical setting and looks almost real and in my gamer mind I’m still trying to go for ”BOOM HEAD SHOT YEAH!” 😕

Kinda makes me respect Halo more, anticipating the scenario where you can put a bullet into Craig’s brain probably isn’t going to make you feel bad. Unless they’ve now made him into an NPC who has turned and is fighting on your side now and have a family and puppy eyed kids and a nanny called Cici who makes the best cakes in the world... 😶

Last edited:

Hugare

Dont have a Series S/X, dont plan on getting one

But damn, Alien Isolation at 60 fps makes me REALLY jealous of Xbox owners

One of my all time favorites

MS is doing some incredible job with BC

Never really been a PC gamer (well, not for a LONG time), so coming from mostly the 30fps world of consoles to now 60fps was a pretty big deal. But I really wasn’t expecting so many options at 120fps this soon. I mean, 120fps….well, nothing quite prepared me for this. Even something as simple as Lego Marvel Avengers becomes something else entirely in 120fps. And don’t even get me started at the Sea of Thieves ocean dynamics/graphics in 120fps.:messenger_smiling_hearts:

And I should find time for Alien Isolation it would seem.

II_JumPeR_I

A 720p image with lots of aliasing is super awesome on a big tv with 120fps /s

Just come the fuck on. If i dont have a 1080p image minimum then yes, 120fps is a waste in my opinion.
Give me a amazing looking game with 1440p or higher and 60fps.

I rather see some Res boosts on lot of XboxOne games...

Last edited:

Neo_game

120fps helps in competitive gaming at the cost of gfx detail, resolution/ RT and only few % of players have newer TV. Having options is good though. I personally prefer more eye candy and I would like devs make sure quality mode is just as important as performance mode.

SkylineRKR

I beat Alien Isolation last week on Series S. It was absolutely fucking worth it. Never played it, and I was close to starting it a few months ago when I rewatched all the movies. Like Prey and Dishonored, the only console you should play this on is Xbox nowadays.

Yakuza 6 is a top dog Yakuza game and sadly beat it on PS4 Pro already but if you haven't, play it on Xbox. 60fps Yakuza is much better.

Last edited:

elliot5

A 720p image with lots of aliasing is super awesome on a big tv with 120fps /s

Just come the fuck on. If dont have a 1080p image minimum then yes, 120fps is a waste in my opinion.
Give me a amazing looking game with 1440p or higher and 60fps.
Yeah a lot of the games hitting 120fps are 900p or so. So what? It's an option. There are some 1080p, and some even 4K hitting 120hz. It's an option for the user if they want the framerate via a free update with no dev work. Why do you need to sound so angry lol. These are old games getting boosted, not natively ported.

Games like Gears 5 MP at 120hz and 1080p and look pretty great. It's an option

SkylineRKR

The resolution doesn't bother me much after a few minutes. Alien looked fantastic on Series S and the higher framerate makes everything look much better in motion anyway. If I have the option I would always go 60fps. But 120 I would slide if there is a 60fps option at higher resolution.

For MP though i don't care about resolution at all as long as the controls are fine. Gears 5 plays better at 120.

Top Bottom