• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer&IGN: Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.5 Performance Review

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Oh, but that's not what Michael says in the video. There are a few (rare) dips on PS5 too and he even show them. What he says is that Series X stutters a bit while driving through the city whereas PS5 does not. It doesn't mean PS5 doesn't dip in other parts like heavy combat scenes, he clearly showed us it does and even states that in some occasions Series X can be ever so slightly better. Not always though. PS5 seems to have a slight edge since Michael states that with the new patch Series X "is almost on par" with PS5, so I guess it's not quite there.

But anyway, both versions seems to be pretty much the same now. If you have a VRR compatible display you might want to play it on Series X, unless Dualsense features are super important to you (which is not my case, to be honest).

This is one person who even states it is a quick look at the new patch. I will wait for digital foundry and VGtech to get a good idea on performance and pixel counts.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The PC version does look better but it’s not transformative.

Your essentially missing out on ultra RTX implementation that brings a 3080 to its knees.

Only with DLSS can you crank it up and get to 60fps on performance modes. The res output is very similar and most of the “settings” outside of RTX are the same or very similar.

RTX GI and Reflections are very nice though.

Not transformative. Not at all.

5Tb4BRh.png

J0JGoKM.png

tXmwLsD.jpg

n0QJxtS.jpg

Arioco

This is one person who even states it is a quick look at the new patch. I will wait for digital foundry and VGtech to get a good idea on performance and pixel counts.

Yes, of course, we'll have a look at these. I don't know if VGTech is planning on doing an analysis but DF is definitely working on one (it will be made by Tom if I'm not mistaken).

But don't expect the most thorough pixel count, DF is pretty vague lately when it comes to pixel counting and they even got some results wrong (at least if we trust NXGamer and VGtech pixel counts, who got the same resolution).

assurdum

Banned
People like to say that the seriesS's memory is some big issue, but its all conjecture. We have not heard from devs that its a big problem.

Ignxgamer said that the XSX performs better then the PS5 in performance mode in some instances and the ps5 in others so it really is a wash.
To be fair he said ps5 generally perform slightly better than XSX but sometimes XSX take the edge. But I mean who cares.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
The PC version does look better but it’s not transformative.

Your essentially missing out on ultra RTX implementation that brings a 3080 to its knees.

Only with DLSS can you crank it up and get to 60fps on performance modes. The res output is very similar and most of the “settings” outside of RTX are the same or very similar.

RTX GI and Reflections are very nice though.
Typical downplay of PC enhancements on a 3rd party multiplatform game while a particular console's exclusive cross-gen games can be "transformative" with similar enhancements.

Anyway, it's no surprise that RT is so expensive even on high-end graphics cards that it needs DLSS. Otherwise, we'd still be a decade away from pulling off RT in the first place on ALL hardware at reasonable FPS. DLSS is so important. It's a shame AMD couldn't come up with a similar hardware solution this generation. Perhaps the next iteration 5 or so years from now.

RTGI + RTreflections + RT area lights are transformative. Period. The difference is an entire generation.

Last edited:

Lysandros

Yes, of course, we'll have a look at these. I don't know if VGTech is planning on doing an analysis but DF is definitely working on one (it will be made by Tom if I'm not mistaken).

But don't expect the most thorough pixel count, DF is pretty vague lately when it comes to pixel counting and they even got some results wrong (at least if we trust NXGamer and VGtech pixel counts, who got the same resolution).
My condolences.

ToadMan

Yeah I played the trial on xsx and PS5 and ended up buying it on PS5. For me it just felt better to play the PS5 version - that and the haptics swung it.

It’s actually a relief to play it “properly”. The release version was crashing every 20 minutes and the res and frames gave me a headache playing on PS5 in BC mode.

So far the next gen versions seem stable and while there’s still some jank and graphics glitches they’re at least no worse than other RPGs so I can put up with that.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The game is finally awesome on all platforms with some instability on both consoles. Luckily for me I have a VRR TV so I'm very much enjoying the xbox version.

Saying that, this game on pc is in a completely different league. You can't downplay it.

Yes, it plays great on console now but it's still not close to a high end pc with a top tier gpu.

Arioco

The game is finally awesome on all platforms with some instability on both consoles. Luckily for me I have a VRR TV so I'm very much enjoying the xbox version.

Saying that, this game on pc is in a completely different league. You can't downplay it.

Yes, it plays great on console now but it's still not close to a high end pc with a top tier gpu.

Well, that depends on the PC we're talking about. I mean, if maxed out the game can bring a 3090 to its knees even with DLSS. You wouldn't expect it to run better on a 400 dollar console, I think.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Well, that depends on the PC we're talking about. I mean, if maxed out the game can bring a 3090 to its knees even with DLSS. You wouldn't expect it to run better on a 400 dollar console, I think.
If console owners can give good praise of a game at max settings and 4k@30FPS, then 3090 owners should get praise that they can run this game at MAX settings 4k@30FPS without people saying it's being brought to "it's knees".

Corndog

Banned
What it has to do pc version with this video?
Oh, but that's not what Michael says in the video. There are a few (rare) dips on PS5 too and he even show them. What he says is that Series X stutters a bit while driving through the city whereas PS5 does not. It doesn't mean PS5 doesn't dip in other parts like heavy combat scenes, he clearly showed us it does and even states that in some occasions Series X can be ever so slightly better. Not always though. PS5 seems to have a slight edge since Michael states that with the new patch Series X "is almost on par" with PS5, so I guess it's not quite there.

But anyway, both versions seems to be pretty much the same now. If you have a VRR compatible display you might want to play it on Series X, unless Dualsense features are super important to you (which is not my case, to be honest).
Seems like this has been a problem on series x for several games. Wonder what the problem is.

Arioco

If console owners can give good praise of a game at max settings and 4k@30FPS, then 3090 owners should get praise that they can run this game at MAX settings 4k@30FPS without people saying it's being brought to "it's knees".

By "to its knees" I mean well below 30 fps. John from DF complained that if maxed out it could go as low as 5 fps if there was no DLSS in use, so please.

In any case you and some other might've forgotten to read the first message of this thread but in that case I kindly inform you this is a comparison between three consoles, the video we're discussing doesn't even mentions the PC version at all, so please, stop trying to derail the thread.

Thank you very much.

Flabagast

I'm very happy to see that CDPR tackled the biggest gain in RT - ambient occlusion and shadows. It clearly looks significantly better for the final image rendered frame. These features are significant enough to distinguish between last-gen and next-gen.
You would recommend playing in the 30 FPS mode then ?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Well at the very least that's an improvement over your usual juvenile antics of spamming all my recent posts with triggered and laughing emojis when you're struggling to come up with a viable response, so well done.

Your post didn't even make sense. If you dont like the emojis, put me on ignore ya big baby.

VFXVeteran

Banned
By "to its knees" I mean well below 30 fps. John from DF complained that if maxed out it could go as low as 5 fps if there was no DLSS in use, so please.
Every game using full on RT without DLSS is going to be brought to it's knees. You aren't saying anything that people don't already know.

In any case you and some other might've forgotten to read the first message of this thread but in that case I kindly inform you this is a comparison between three consoles, the video we're discussing doesn't even mentions the PC version at all, so please, stop trying to derail the thread.
You are the one that mentioned the PC - not me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A functioning and solid 60 FPS is the biggest improvement to this game.

Looks like PS5 and SX trade places every now and then in terms of which has a frame rate drop, but the drop themselves are so quick and infrequent that it shouldn't make a difference, and VRR will clear up any perceptible drops anyway.

The general performance profile is much improved since launch.

Last edited:

Skifi28

If the 30fps mode was for lighting-reflections, I could see the appeal. For just shadows and AO, might as well not be there.

Darsxx82

He doesn't say the PS5 performs generally better.
He is not very clear and it does not help that what he says does not always coincide with what is seen on the screen at the same time... But I think he differentiates between 2 situations:

He says that in the moments of driving XSX sttuter sometimes and PS5 does not but that they are almost the same now (because before patch 1.5 the XBO X/XSXBC version was much less stable in 60fps mode although it went to higher resolution and better assets than PRO/PS5 BC).
Then he describes the framerate during intense shooting confrontations and in these he says that they are practically the same, it could even be slightly better in XSX....

That said, it is not a very elaborate comparison to draw conclusions from which one performs better (although it seems both are a clon).

I hope to see more variety of moments analyzed and not only focused on the beginning of the game and more specificity in the average resolution to have a better idea. In the latter it is clear that VGtech is usually more accurate but it is always reduced at the beginning of the game as well.

PS. For me, the most interesting thing is that It is an example that shows that a native version gets much more performance from consoles. In XSX, the framerate, resolution and graphic and asset improvements have been ostensibly improved compared to the XBO X via BC version in performance mode. The same for PS5 and even XSS.

Last edited:

Arioco

You are the one that mentioned the PC - not me.

That's not true and you know it. I was answering to someone who, like you, was bringing up the PC version because potatoe and I was just remarking his comparison was absurd.

And it's not only in this thread, every single time a console gets a title you try to derail the tread, by downplaying its graphics, by comparing every single aspect to PC, by looking down on everyone else, by starting to count strands of fur (which I'm ok with, since I respect pretty much every perversion)... and when people answer you then you cry and play the victim. It's always the same. Over and over again. Really, you need to stop.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Here's that video, dude is clearly using the PS4 version and passing it off as PS5

S0ULZB0URNE

Yes, a 1080p@60fps mode would've been the best option for Series S, but I don't even know if that was feasible. Maybe it wasn't due to memory bandwidth or other hardware limitation.
I don't think it's possible.
MS should of went with half the XSX's power not a 3rd.

GHG

Gold Member
Your post didn't even make sense. If you dont like the emojis, put me on ignore ya big baby.

Ah so you want to play dumb. Yes, this is completely normal behaviour:

IMG-20220207-004843.jpg

And I'm not the only one that's witnessed this nonsense with you either:

So if you want to call me a "big baby" and I'm ok with that, you're still in diapers. Not sure if you're at the required age to be posting here, you certainly don't behave like it.

lucius

So I almost never use Rest Mode on my PS5 until today with Cyberpunk in middle of mall mission and when I resumed I was getting flickering on my PS5 screen menu too, I restarted it didn’t fix it (on Beta 3.0). I tried the transfer rate setting thing nothing worked . So I just decided to uninstall the beta then pull out all cables and wait a min and that fixed it. Not saying this was Cyberpunk update fault but maybe has a combo of the Beta system and rest mode. I was getting really worried I have to sent it in for repair but everything’s good now. I did get like 3 soft crashes to menu since the update too but that’s always been like that in this game it seems.

BigLee74

Could throw a blanket over the PS5 and XSX here. As identical as two different systems could get.

I’ve gone from never interested, to very interested, after just one hour of the demo. I may have to buy this after all!

S0ULZB0URNE

Ah so you want to play dumb. Yes, this is completely normal behaviour:

IMG-20220207-004843.jpg

And I'm not the only one that's witnessed this nonsense with you either:

So if you want to call me a "big baby" and I'm ok with that, you're still in diapers. Not sure if you're at the required age to be posting here, you certainly don't behave like it.
I got him on ignore

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

FireFly

I don't think it's possible.
MS should of went with half the XSX's power not a 3rd.
PC benchmarks show framerates go from 30 to ~50 when dropping from 1440p to 1080p. So the resolution would probably be in the range of 900p - 1080p for a 60 FPS mode.

Darsxx82

Could throw a blanket over the PS5 and XSX here. As identical as two different systems could get.

I’ve gone from never interested, to very interested, after just one hour of the demo. I may have to buy this after all!
The game is very good.
At least much better than so much criticism and controversy generated its launch. It is true that the expectations created were exaggerated, but just as true that deep down and in the current state of polishing it is an open world game with great merits... and it looks great in my opinion (on PC Ultra it is a exponent at a visual level without a doubt)

VFXVeteran

Banned
And it's not only in this thread, every single time a console gets a title you try to derail the tread, by downplaying its graphics,
It's not downplaying when I'm talking about what the thread is about. And I downplay pretty much all game's graphics because that's my opinion. My standards should not be trolled as everyone has them. I certainly don't do the other end of the spectrum by praising the graphics for every single exclusive release to try to feel good about my plastic box.

by comparing every single aspect to PC,
I complain even about the PC. You must have missed that part.

It's always the same. Over and over again. Really, you need to stop.
Likewise with every exclusive that hits the hands of gamers on these threads. One trumps the previous one over and over again.

Hugare

Here's that video, dude is clearly using the PS4 version and passing it off as PS5

I'm sorry man, but you dont know what you are talking about. That's the PS5 version.

I played the game on the PS4 for 90h, then played it on the Pro, then PS5 and now the current gen PS5 version

And I can say for sure that not in a million years the PS4 would look this good

Besides, this youtuber is pretty legit, known for making comparison videos for a long time now.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm sorry man, but you dont know what you are talking about. That's the PS5 version.

I played the game on the PS4 for 90h, then played it on the Pro, then PS5 and now the current gen PS5 version

And I can say for sure that not in a million years the PS4 would look this good

Besides, this youtuber is pretty legit, known for making comparison videos for a long time now.
Really?
because this is the PS5 version and it's definitely not the same.

And here are my own screen shots, the texture and resolution alone shows its not the same.
cyberpunk2077_2022021woje8.jpg

cyberpunk2077_2022021dej3m.jpg

cyberpunk2077_2022021v1kj1.jpg

cyberpunk2077_2022021w7jwi.jpg

I mean the PC version is still better, but come on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom