• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] The Best Graphics/Technology of 2020 - The end of an Era.

Some of you really have a hard time grasping the idea of differing opinions without immediately jumping to weird conspiracy/BS conclusions... That's a you issue. Not to late tho since 2021 is around the corner, great time to turn over a new leaf and grow up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Always get the feeling that the ones throwing around "shill this" "shill that" are basically the biggest shills and fanboys.

Last edited:
Some of you really have a hard time grasping the idea of differing opinions without immediately jumping to weird conspiracy/BS conclusions... That's a you issue. Not to late tho since 2021 is around the corner, great time to turn over a new leaf and grow up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Always get the feeling that the ones throwing around "shill this" "shill that" are basically the biggest shills and fanboys.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have SHOTS FIRED, SHOTS FIRED ON PAGE 5.

SHOTS OFFICIALLY FIRED ITT!!!!!

(ITT!!!!! provided courtesy of MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima Inc.)

FranXico

Yeah me too, then the entire list could have been Sony exclusives.

What a joke, 4 out of 7 are Sony exclusives and THREE of those exclusives are ahead of FS2020. CP2077 isn't even on the list. He does deign to include Gears 5 Hivebusters in honorable mentions ................................................. along with Sackboy and Astrobot 🤪🤣🤣:LOL:

Good thing this guy isn't a Sony fanboy according to the GAF's Sony fanboys and the list has TLW's seal of approval so you KNOW it's legit.
Yeah, he should put Minecraft in the list. Totally unbiased then. Maybe he considered CP2077 for the crown (because who cares about actually impressive graphics, all that matters is marketing hype, right?), but then realized that he would have to spend half of the video including caveats and excuses to justify his choice.

Last edited:

devilNprada

What a joke, 4 out of 7 are Sony exclusives and THREE of those exclusives are ahead of FS2020. CP2077 isn't even on the list. He does deign to include Gears 5 Hivebusters in honorable mentions ................................................. along with Sackboy and Astrobot 🤪🤣🤣:LOL:

Good thing this guy isn't a Sony fanboy according to the GAF's Sony fanboys and the list has TLW's seal of approval so you KNOW it's legit.

What's not OK is the same people that went ballistic and raged for page after page at DF spouting their usual DF conspiracy theories, calling them MS shills, and babbling on about the "Xbox Discord" and other stupidity because DF didn't immediately make a video about a video someone else made of a PS5 teardown have the fucking nerve to pretend there isn't any kind of bias or fanboyism with this list.

LOL

sncvsrtoip

nothing strange here, sony has crazy good year with exes ff7r, got, lou2, demon souls, miles morales

🤣🤣🤣 @ the clowns screaming “bias” because the list is dominated by Sony games. What the fuck do you expect? Sony is well known for going the extra mile to polish their games when it comes to presentation. It would be biased if the list wasn’t dominated by Sony games considering the stellar year they’ve had.

Fuck your feelings, Sony should be given credit for going the extra mile. You being mad your favorite publisher isn’t on the list doesn’t mean that NXGamer is a shill. He gave honest and fair reasons why he picked those games and if you can’t stand his opinion go make your own YouTube tech channel.

Last edited:

RoyBatty

Banned
I've read all kinds of things said about TLoUII in this Forum, but this has to be stupidest thing ever said about the game.
And it deeply saddens me to say this to someone with that nick and avatar.

You may want to take a look at previous pages.. or here (timestamped):

But even outside of ambient shadows, every single object hit by the flashlight cast shadows.

Why? It's true...

DF? These guys think the same as me.

CP2077 is miles ahead on tech from TLOU2 and is not even in the list. And TLOU2 looks great, yes, but technically there are 3-5 games in better place.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why? It's true...

DF? These guys think the same as me.

CP2077 is miles ahead on tech from TLOU2 and is not even in the list. And TLOU2 looks great, yes, but technically there are 3-5 games in better place.

That CP2077 water tho!

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Why? It's true...
That TLoUII doesn't cast shadows? No, it's an absolutely mindblowing claim which couldn't be any further from the truth.

CP2077 on the same console which runs TLoUII flawlessly is an absolute trainwreck of unbelievable proportions, though. On any console, the game is technically inferior to anything Rockstar and some other companies ever produced, including remasters from the 360 era (GTAV).

The fact you can brute force it into looking stunning by pushing Psycho settings with thousands dollars hardware (and still can't achieve at all native 4K/60fps), doesn't really change the discourse. And even then, you'll have to wait for Mods for a proper LOD management and a water which isn't straight from a PS2 game (because even on Gamecube RE4 had much better water). And hopefully, Mods will also arrive for better animations and that AI inferior to GTA: San Andreas.

But with that said, i absolutely agree with what you posted about CP2077 being a completely different situation. And not only because of its completely dynamic nature and scope, that game also had to work on 9 different platforms.

Yeah, he should put Minecraft in the list. Totally unbiased then. Maybe he considered CP2077 for the crown (because who cares about actually impressive graphics, all that matters is marketing hype, right?), but then realized that he would have to spend half of the video including caveats and excuses to justify his choice.
nothing strange here, sony has crazy good year with exes ff7r, got, lou2, demon souls, miles morales
🤣🤣🤣 @ the clowns screaming “bias” because the list is dominated by Sony games. What the fuck do you expect? Sony is well known for going the extra mile to polish their games when it comes to presentation. It would be biased if the list wasn’t dominated by Sony games considering the stellar year they’ve had.

Fuck your feelings, Sony should be given credit for going the extra mile. You being mad your favorite publisher isn’t on the list doesn’t mean that NXGamer is a shill. He gave honest and fair reasons why he picked those games and if you can’t stand his opinion go make your own YouTube tech channel.
This Is Stupid Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The funny thing is that this shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone. Sony has been on the top of the graphics going back to the PS3 gen and dare I say consistently. I remember when everyone was losing their minds over Crysis, PS3 owners were treated to Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Ratchet, Motorstorm and Heavenly Sword all in one year. MGS4 launched the next year and set another bar. Back then Gamespot awards gave it best graphics over Crysis Warhead and pc players lost their shit. But there has always been more to graphics than just pushing raw pixels.

In 2009, KZ2 and Uncharted 2 came out and set the bar for the rest of the gen that wasnt topped until GTA5 and Halo 4 came out late in the gen. GoW4, Heavy Rain and GT5 in 2010. KZ3 and Uncharted 3 in 2011. TLOU, KZSF and Beyond in 2013. Infamous Second Son and DriveClub in 2014. The order and Until Dawn in 2015. Uncharted 4 and Ratchet in 2016. Horizon and Lost Legacy in 2017. GoW, Detroit, and Spiderman in 2018. Days Gone and Death Stranding in 2019.

Every year for well over a decade, sony exclusives, first party or third party have been right up there with the best the PC and Xbox have to offer. This year is no different.

I dont know. Maybe this is their first year gaming.

He is absolutely entitled to his opinion. I have nothing against this guy and he doesn't have to like what I like or agree with my opinions. In my opinion he is quite obviously biased towards PlayStation and Sony 1st party games games and you what, that's OK.

What's not OK is the same people that went ballistic and raged for page after page at DF spouting their usual DF conspiracy theories, calling them MS shills, and babbling on about the "Xbox Discord" and other stupidity because DF didn't immediately make a video about a video someone else made of a PS5 teardown have the fucking nerve to pretend there isn't any kind of bias or fanboyism with this list.

I'm thankful NXGamer is one of the few industry people that is still a member of GAF and that he regularly contributes here. Fortunately for him his bias will likely save him from being driven from this site unlike others that have exhibited WrongThink.
tenor.gif

Just stick to liking posts. You're good at that.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
The funny thing is that this shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone. Sony has been on the top of the graphics going back to the PS3 gen and dare I say consistently. I remember when everyone was losing their minds over Crysis, PS3 owners were treated to Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Ratchet, Motorstorm and Heavenly Sword all in one year. MGS4 launched the next year and set another bar. Back then Gamespot awards gave it best graphics over Crysis Warhead and pc players lost their shit. But there has always been more to graphics than just pushing raw pixels.

In 2009, KZ2 and Uncharted 2 came out and set the bar for the rest of the gen that wasnt topped until GTA5 and Halo 4 came out late in the gen. GoW4, Heavy Rain and GT5 in 2010. KZ3 and Uncharted 3 in 2011. TLOU, KZSF and Beyond in 2013. Infamous Second Son and DriveClub in 2014. The order and Until Dawn in 2015. Uncharted 4 and Ratchet in 2016. Horizon and Lost Legacy in 2017. GoW, Detroit, and Spiderman in 2018. Days Gone and Death Stranding in 2019.

Every year for well over a decade, sony exclusives, first party or third party have been right up there with the best the PC and Xbox have to offer. This year is no different.

Exactly.

This isnt anything new. Its almost odd to not see a Sony game on a best graphics list. And this one included other technical reasons why it was picked...

Sun Blaze

Banned

Don't be daft. Crysis did a lot more than pushing raw pixels.

And lol at freaking Uncharted 2 and Killzone setting any kind of bar. A decade later Crysis was still talked about for the groundbreaking technologies it introduced and how well it held up graphically. No one gave a shit about Uncharted 2 or Killzone a year after their release.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
So, you agree with alot of NXGamer's list then?

Because I'm pretty sure he explained the reasons besides pixels for his picks.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk the game with trash Animations, trash physics and the only thing has going from it is "THE RAY Trucing".

Sure looks like the best looking game LMAO

TLOU2 fucks over CP trash any day of any year in record with top tier Animations unmatched to this day. And no, games don´t need Ray Tracing to look great, Nvidia has brainwashed your brains i see lmao.
Lmfaaaoo

Ok 👌 you got it bro. Neil D. Jr has all the insight

/s

SnBUML9.jpg

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
tenor.gif

Just stick to liking posts. You're good at that.

And you just stick to posting those gifs since apparently that's what you're good at.

It is interesting to see how you and the rest of the SDF all show up en masse to throw a tantrum that anyone would dare say this list is biased. Afterall it's a Sony fanboy's wetdream, how could it possibly be biased? Opinions that Sony games aren't the better than everything else will not be tolerated and Digital Foundry are shills amirite 🤡🌎

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
I dont get why Demons Souls is on that List. Its a PS5 Title and cant be compared to PS4 titles of last gen.
Unless i misunderstood the intention of the thread, but ‘end of an era’ seems to point to Last Gen.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I do. Sure, some are still here doing their things, from both sides, but at least now reality and facts can provide
background to discussions without the risk of being laughed at for actually understanding tech.

Are you guys actually insane?

Looked for about an hour but can't find the one which impressed me the most atm. But still, plenty of good stuff in that playlist.

I've read all kinds of things said about TLoUII in this Forum, but this has to be stupidest thing ever said about the game.
And it deeply saddens me to say this to someone with that nick and avatar.

You may want to take a look at previous pages.. or here (timestamped):

But even outside of ambient shadows, every single object hit by the flashlight cast shadows.

Only played the Demo, but the game looked absolutely stellar in gameplay. I know it's not always consistent, but what i played left me really impressed.

That video clearly has improved textures other than rtx, this is the original video with only rtx

did you really thought that the transformation in your video was only based on lights\shadows\reflection? the rendering of the materials completely change dude...

I only ever talked about minecraft+rtx not minecraft with a texture mod, every game can improve drastically with a mod, and it's kinda cheating (and no game in these lists is modded)

Last edited:
And you just stick to posting those gifs since apparently that's what you're good at.

It is interesting to see how you and the rest of the SDF all show up en masse to throw a tantrum that anyone would dare say this list is biased. Afterall it's a Sony fanboy's wetdream, how could it possibly be biased? Opinions that Sony games aren't the better than everything else will not be tolerated and Digital Foundry are shills amirite 🤡🌎

Every list is biased in some way. People are not immune to having biases. It's the nature of individuality.

SlimySnake

And lol at freaking Uncharted 2 and Killzone setting any kind of bar. A decade later Crysis was still talked about for the groundbreaking technologies it introduced and how well it held up graphically. No one gave a shit about Uncharted 2 or Killzone a year after their release.
Nonsense. Uncharted 2 was the biggest goty winner that gen and is still remembered fondly for its impressive setpieces and graphics. Only fanboys think the game is forgotten.

Like i said, this war goes back decades. It was crysis last gen, and cyberpunk this time around. Fanboys will continue to shit on console games out of some bizarre inferiority complex.

Sun Blaze

Banned
Nonsense. Uncharted 2 was the biggest goty winner that gen and is still remembered fondly for its impressive setpieces and graphics. Only fanboys think the game is forgotten.

Like i said, this war goes back decades. It was crysis last gen, and cyberpunk this time around. Fanboys will continue to shit on console games out of some bizarre inferiority complex.
Nobody cares about what Uncharted 2 brought to the table. The biggest graphical landmark from those times was Crysis and it's not even arguable. It's complete lunacy to suggest that Uncharted 2 and freaking Killzone 2 raised the bar.

I'm shitting on your ridiculous attempt at rewriting history. Crysis is still talked about to this day for the graphics it delivered. Litterally no one remembers PS3 games for that.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
For sure it did. That's why saying FS2020 is the "New Crysis" it's completely ridiculous.

That game was not only technically waaay above anything else in every single aspect, it was also visually impeccable and literally above any other game in every single aspect, as well.

And here we couldn't disagree more, again. Like, WTF?

Killzone 2 looks better than tons of FPS from this gen:

Shaders on the rifle are actually better than any FPS i've played since.. damn, there are lots of mentions online of the game implementing forms of ray tracing, on PS3.
I'm literally looking for updates on how it runs on RPCS3 daily, because the day it will flawlessly work on PC at 4K/60FPS it will be a GLORIOUS day for everyone.

And Uncharted 2 managed to introduce over the prequel SSAO, SSS, MSAA, DOF, Motion Blur and absolutely crazy moving levels all while getting rid of the tearing issues of the first one.

All i see here is an alpha looking male. Mind sharing your pic now?

I think what's really interesting is you and the anti-Sony gang showing up en masse crying and insulting NXGamer NXGamer .

You mock others for lack of self awareness and then have the audacity of posting things like this, with clown world smiles at the end also.. can't really make this shit up.

That video clearly has improved textures other than rtx, this is the original video with only rtx
I know, i posted those videos to show how insane the lighting actually is without being blinded by the purposelly awful textures of the game. Saying it looks like shit just because looking like shit is the actual style of the game doesn't make much sense.

Sun Blaze

Banned
For sure it did. That's why saying FS2020 is the "New Crysis" it's completely ridiculous.

That game was not only technically waaay above anything else in every single aspect, it was also visually impeccable and literally above any other game in every single aspect, as well.

And here we couldn't disagree more, again. Like, WTF?

Killzone 2 looks better than tons of FPS from this gen:

Shaders on the rifle are actually better than any FPS i've played since.. damn, there are lots of mentions online of the game implementing forms of ray tracing, on PS3.
I'm literally looking for updates on how it runs on RPCS3 daily, because the day it will flawlessly work on PC at 4K/60FPS it will be a GLORIOUS day for everyone.

And Uncharted 2 managed to introduce over the prequel SSAO, SSS, MSAA, DOF, Motion Blur and absolutely crazy moving levels all while getting rid of the tearing issues of the first one.

All i see here is an alpha looking male. Mind sharing your pic now?

I think what's really interesting is you and the anti-Sony gang showing up en masse crying and insulting NXGamer NXGamer .

You mock others for lack of self awareness and then have the audacity of posting things like this, with clown world smiles at the end also.. can't really make this shit up.

I know, i posted those videos to show how insane the lighting actually is without being blinded by the purposelly awful textures of the game. Saying it looks like shit just because looking like shit is the actual style of the game doesn't make much sense.

Again, did I say Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2 looked bad? No. I said nobody remembers them for their graphics. Hell, Killzone 2 is more remembered for the bullshit E3 05 trailer (which was sadly a miscommunication) than what it actually did.

THE benchmark for the 7th gen was Crysis for a long ass time full stop. Attempting to revise history and say the bar was raised by Killzone 2 is pure bullocks.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Cyberpunk, Demons Souls and Spiderman all impressed me more then TLOU2. They are running on better hardware though. TLOU2 would be my top pick for graphics this year if I could only pick from last gen consoles. They did a lot of really impressive stuff considering how old the hardware is.

Sun Blaze

Banned
Cyberpunk, Demons Souls and Spiderman all impressed me more then TLOU2. They are running on better hardware though. TLOU2 would be my top pick for graphics this year if I could only pick from last gen consoles. They did a lot of really impressive stuff considering how old the hardware is.
My thoughts. Game looks good, but people go full hyperbole bullshit when they call it a next-gen game and pretend it belongs in the same category as Demon's Souls. They even go the extra mile and claim it looks better which is insanity.

Shmunter

Again, did I say Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2 looked bad? No. I said nobody remembers them for their graphics. Hell, Killzone 2 is more remembered for the bullshit E3 05 trailer (which was sadly a miscommunication) than what it actually did.

THE benchmark for the 7th gen was Crysis for a long ass time full stop. Attempting to revise history and say the bar was raised by Killzone 2 is pure bullocks.
Two things were true at the same time, not mutually exclusive.

Speak for yourself, this is bullshit.

I'm a PC and console gamer through and through and I still remember those games for their graphics. They looked so good last gen they give games this gen a run for their money in many key areas like animation and post-processing effects.

Crysis was a benchmark for PC but it doesn't mean that those two other games weren't benchmarks for consoles that gen when it came to graphics. There's no rule that says for Crysis to be a graphical benchmark that other games can't shine or be remembered for their graphics as well. That's just bullshit fanboy logic right there.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Sorry but i have to criticize some of your points regarding FS2020

Thats a matter of fact. After "certain famous events" in 2001, MS stopped modeling any sort of more advanced crashing system for their flight sims.
Like with racing sims Its just an unnecessary expense for the type of game it is, can cause copyright issues with the brands that make the vehicles and in this case even create uncalled controversy.
You'll see that even flight sims that do implement some sort of crashing and damage model, like X-plane 11, do so in very simplistic manners. Perhaps the only exception for this rule would be combat flight sims, in which case a damage model is definitely necessary.

Although individual objects aside from the plane aren't that detailed, you do have to take in consideration that the amount of objects on a single scene is absolutely insane.
Fly over Paris or New York and you'll be seeing hundreds of thousands of buildings and trees for dozens - hundreds of killometers in a full 360 degree angle.

Thats not true. I don't know how familiar you are with flight sims, but the core of every sim of the sort is navigation. Making flight plans, creating charts, planning your routes, learning procedures, using instruments and radio to get to your objective... if you truly try to simulate a real flight, which is what flight sims set out to do in the first place, you'll find this game (or any good flight sim) to be far deeper and to have a lot more systems in place than you're giving it credit for, definitely way more than just "take-off, gear, landing".
Naturally, its understandable the public unfamiliar with the notion won't see more than just "fly over stuff" in a game like this. And since MS knows this sort of game attracts mainstream attention, they do put in place options that make playing it easy for amateurs.

No, but in compensation it has to calculate far more advanced real time physiscs than what you see in any other game on that list, including enviromental factors such as air pressure and wind. I don't see why that shouldn't be taken into consideration if you're also including things like AI and path finding. Talking about those...

You're definitelly underestimating this aspect of the game. It does far more than just use satellite data to recreate its enviroment.
Like for example, in regions where photogrammetric data isn't available, the game uses learning algorithms and databases to place buildings in their correct places, with their correct shape and height, as well as identify roads to place the moving cars in them.
Real time flight information to create believable air traffic, a weather system that's capable of matching real time weather, radio towers all over the world in their correct places with their specific types of signal... i don't need to tell you the amount of work, research, databases and tech would be necessary for all of this.

TL;DR: I don't think you're giving this game a proper look based on what you said in the video and your post
Sounds like he hasn’t played FS2020 tbh, or just did a few drop in flights with everything on auto and just cruised around lol. Most people wouldn’t even be able to take off once on the full manual mode, there’s definitely “gameplay” there. One could argue that even taking off and landing in FS has more complex gameplay than anything in any of his beloved PS exclusives, especially TLOU2.

Also he says that TLOU2 has amazing Global Illumination? All of the lighting in the game is baked apart from muzzle flashes and torches etc. It doesn’t have global illumination lol.

Sun Blaze

Banned
Speak for yourself, this is bullshit.

I'm a PC and console gamer through and through and I still remember those games for their graphics. They looked so good last gen they give games this gen a run for their money in many key areas like animation and post-processing effects.

Crysis was a benchmark for PC but it doesn't mean that those two other games weren't benchmarks for consoles that gen when it came to graphics. There's no rule that says for Crysis to be a graphical benchmark that other games can't shine or be remembered for their graphics as well. That's just bullshit fanboy logic right there.
Literally no one mentions Killzone as the milestone for computer graphics in this day and age. It's Crysis, Crysis, and Crysis again. Killzone 2 goes down in history as just another great looking game. Same for Uncharted 2 and there are plenty of those per generation.

There is only one Crysis and the legacy it left in graphics technology completely dwarfs these two, or anything else.

Shmunter

Literally no one mentions Killzone as the milestone for computer graphics in this day and age. It's Crysis, Crysis, and Crysis again. Killzone 2 goes down in history as just another great looking game. Same for Uncharted 2 and there are plenty of those per generation.

There is only one Crysis and the legacy it left in graphics technology completely dwarfs these two, or anything else.
I do. Just invalidated your entire argument of ‘no one’ 🤪

Get out of the bubble, your premise is not reality and everyone will just laugh at you, unless that’s what you like.

Again false.

Crysis is the ultimate benchmark for computer graphics from last gen but it doesn't negate those other games. People still talk about them when they mention good looking games from that era.

You not thinking of those games doesn't change the fact that many people still remember those games for their graphics. You have to learn to separate your personal opinion from fact.

Sure if you only hang out in PC forums no one will bring up console games in graphical benchmark conversations but in general game discussions I still see people bring up those games when they are talking about last gen console games.

Digital Foundry wouldn't be revisiting KZ2 in their Retro series if literally no one talked about it like you claim.

Last edited:

Sun Blaze

Banned
Again false.

Crysis is the ultimate benchmark for computer graphics from last gen but it doesn't negate those other games. People still talk about them when they mention good looking games from that era.
And that's all that matters. Killzone 2 is a great looking game among dozens of others (Gears of War, God of War, Ocarina of Time, Battletoads, Half-Life, DOOM). We get tons of them every generation. We only got one Crysis.

Last edited:
And that's all that matters. Killzone 2 is a great looking game among dozens of others (Gears of War, God of War, Ocarina of Time, Battletoads, Half-Life, DOOM). We get tons of them every generation. We only got one Crysis.
Battletoads? LOL.

You said and I quote, "Again, did I say Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2 looked bad? No. I said nobody remembers them for their graphics."

Crysis being the top benchmark for last gen doesn't mean people won't remember those other games for graphics. Pulling a laundry list of good looking last gen games doesn't disqualify UC2 or KZ2 from being fondly remembered for what they did with their graphics.

You can have multiple amazing looking benchmark games in a gen.

For example this gen, games like HZD, RDR2, Uncharted 4, TLOU2, GOW, DOOM 2016, Ghost of Tsushima, Gears 5, etc. will be remembered for their graphics even though we have Cyberpunk 2077 on PC looking stellar. You can have a stellar looking game on PC and still have multiple incredible looking games that people remember for graphics on consoles. People aren't going to suddenly forget those games because they just played CP2077 with raytracing on a high-end rig. That's not the way shit works.

Do you remember the train scene or the hotel? I still do because those sequences were extremely impressive at the time. Uncharted 2 did alot of great things visually. Naughty Dog gained fame for their visuals after Uncharted 2.
Exactly my point. I still remember those scenes till this day and I've spent an entire gen playing very impressive looking games on PS4 and PC. I still compare a lot of games to those scenes from Uncharted 2. In fact, thinking about UC2 makes me wanna go fire up the game again lol.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Do you remember the train scene or the hotel? I still do because those sequences were extremely impressive at the time. Uncharted 2 did alot of great things visually. Naughty Dog gained fame for their visuals after Uncharted 2.
yep. i replayed the game or rather had my son play through the hotel collapse and the train setpiece and it was crazy how i vividly i remembered it all.

that and kz2 are widely considered the best looking games of that generation.
3083965-7808302693-28233.gif

The downplaying of console games has been going on for decades. its cyberpunk now, it was crysis last gen and half life 2 before that. Like i said, i remember the mgs4 graphics award triggering pc fanboys on gamespot. it was painful to watch.

Battaglia?
we found him!

Sun Blaze

Banned
Battletoads? LOL.

You said and I quote, "Again, did I say Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2 looked bad? No. I said nobody remembers them for their graphics."

Crysis being the top benchmark for last gen doesn't mean people won't remember those other games for graphics. Pulling a laundry list of good looking last gen games doesn't disqualify UC2 or KZ2 from being fondly remembered for what they did with their graphics.

For example this gen, games like HZD, RDR2, Uncharted 4, TLOU2, GOW, Ghost of Tsushima, Gears 5, etc. will be remembered for their graphics even though we have Cyberpunk 2077 on PC looking stellar. You can have a stellar looking game on PC and still have multiple incredible looking games that people remember for graphics on consoles. People aren't going to suddenly forget those games because they just played CP2077 with raytracing on a high-end rig. That's not the way shit works.
Yes, Battletoads. At the time it was a showcase and looked as good as early SNES games despite running on a NES.

As for the rest, none of you is familiar with figures of speech? I remember Killzone 2 myself for having great graphics, so of course "no one" is merely a figure of style to drive my point home.

The point being that Crysis was far and away the biggest graphical milestone in the last 15 years and that nothing has a legacy quite like it. It certainly wasn't raised by Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2.

Battletoads? LOL.

For example this gen, games like HZD, RDR2, Uncharted 4, TLOU2, GOW, DOOM 2016, Ghost of Tsushima, Gears 5, etc. will be remembered for their graphics even though we have Cyberpunk 2077 on PC looking stellar. You can have a stellar looking game on PC and still have multiple incredible looking games that people remember for graphics on consoles. People aren't going to suddenly forget those games because they just played CP2077 with raytracing on a high-end rig. That's not the way shit works.

Exactly my point. I still remember those scenes till this day and I've spent an entire gen playing very impressive looking games on PS4 and PC. I still compare a lot of games to those scenes from Uncharted 2. In fact, thinking about UC2 makes me wanna go fire up the game again lol.

yep. i replayed the game or rather had my son play through the hotel collapse and the train setpiece and it was crazy how i vividly i remembered it all.

that and kz2 are widely considered the best looking games of that generation.
3083965-7808302693-28233.gif

The downplaying of console games has been going on for decades. its cyberpunk now, it was crysis last gen and half life 2 before that. Like i said, i remember the mgs4 graphics award triggering pc fanboys on gamespot. it was painful to watch.

we found him!

From the PS3 era I also thought that God of War 3 visuals were incredible.

I do agree that Crysis looked great back then. But that doesn't discredit what developers achieved on the PS3.

Yes, Battletoads. At the time it was a showcase and looked as good as early SNES games despite running on a NES.

As for the rest, none of you is familiar with figures of speech? I remember Killzone 2 myself for having great graphics, so of course "no one" is merely a figure of style to drive my point home.

The point being that Crysis was far and away the biggest graphical milestone in the last 15 years and that nothing has a legacy quite like it. It certainly wasn't raised by Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2.
You should speak more clearly then. No one here is trying to read your mind.

When you say shit like that it makes you sound like a "PCMR" fanboy.

As someone that loves gaming on PCs and consoles I find the whole PC superiority complex stupid and juvenile.

PC is obviously the most powerful platform and will always have the top benchmarks when it comes to graphical tech but it doesn't mean that console games and their tech achievements should be ignored

When you say stuff like "no one remembers KZ2 and UC2 for their graphics" it makes you sound stupid but I'm glad you clarified what you were saying even though I don't necessarily agree with you.

Top Bottom