• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] Cyberpunk 2077 - FSR2.1 Patch 1.6.1 Complete PC & Console Technical Review

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

With AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 hitting more and more games over the past few months, CD Projekt Red have fully replaced their old TAAU solution in Red Engine 4 with AMD's new temporal Upsampling AA solution. With it now shipping on PS5, Xbox Series X and Series S along with PC. How good is it on consoles and PC? Is it really better than native 4K? Can DLSS still offer all round better Image Quality? And does it affect performance? I answer all that and more in this deep dive into Pixels, Cyberpunk, Image quality and the future we can expect moving forward.

clampzyn

Console showing some power here over his 2070 overclocked gpu (almost double the performance of 2070 LOL)

2070 - dips below 20fps @ 4k fsr quality
Series X/Ps5 - 60fps @ 4k fsr quality (2240x1260 is probably the lowest bound for DRS)

Well at least CB2077 devs destroying doubters on how powerful current consoles are if they are in capable hands.

Last edited:

Denton

Series X/Ps5 - 60fps @ 4k fsr quality (2240x1260 is probably the lowest bound for DRS)
Except he was testing with RT shadows enabled which limit framerate to 30 on consoles;
And 4K FSR quality means render in 1440p, which is higher than 1260p;
So no, consoles are not double the performance of 2070

clampzyn

almost coz as far as i know if a game on console runs at stable fps it means it has overhead room performance left just look at ratchet and clunk, when unlocked from 30fps @ 4k it can go upto 40-50fps same as Spiderman if vrr is enabled it goes way beyond its locked fps target its just a console target a stable experience vs pc which fps is all over the place if left unlocked

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Went back to the PS5 version days ago and was very surprised at how much improved the quality mode is. The latency gains are very noticeable.

clampzyn

So? You can adjust settings however you want with it to reach whatever framerate you want. But that doesn't change the fact that your post was full of shit.
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: don't be salty dude by no means series x / ps5 runs run this game at 1500-1600p @ 60fps before fsr2.1 and i dont see a 2070 running it at that resolution at 60fps without the help of DLSS

Last edited:

Denton

don't be salty dude by no means series x / ps5 runs run this game at 1500-1600p @ 60fps before fsr2.1 and i dont see a 2070 running it at that resolution at 60fps
Who is salty? You posted false nonsense - that consoles run Cyberpunk twice faster than 2070. I corrected you that this is not the case at all. Instead of posting smileys like a moron, simply admit fault - I promise, nobody will think any less of you.

clampzyn

Who is salty? You posted false nonsense - that consoles run Cyberpunk twice faster than 2070. I corrected you that this is not the case at all. Instead of posting smileys like a moron, simply admit fault - I promise, nobody will think any less of you.
who corrected who? i never said it ran twice as fast as 2070, i stated "almost" :messenger_beaming: im using smileys because i like em who the f are you from stopping me

Denton

who corrected who? i never said it ran twice as fast as 2070, i stated "almost"
Even "almost" is false.

Specifically:

Where you post that consoles run 60, they actually run 30. Because RT shadows are enabled.

im using smileys because i like em who the f are you from stopping me
Fair enough, feel free to continue posting like a moron.

Last edited:

clampzyn

No you are :messenger_beaming: even if disable RT at 4k fsr quality it'll probably ran around 40-50 fps while if consoles have fps unlocked it may go beyond 70-80fps so almost is never wrong in my statement.

Last edited:

clampzyn

Cool. Your original post is still nonsense, and everyone can see that. That your ego doesn't allow you to admit it is sad, but it is what it is.
why you salty just sell your 2070 already, its very outdated :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: it is what it is, 100% = almost is the norm now

Last edited:
Top Bottom