• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] AC: Valhalla - XsX vs PS5 - The first REAL head to head battle.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
You had no problem when XboxGAF thought Farcry 6 would be Native 4K on Xbox Series X and sub 4K on PlayStation 5.

Today you have XboxGAFers saying, "Both games look similar on both platforms, that's what we expected."

They weren't saying this back in July. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Again receipts please.

In that thread I actually said I believed the PR person likely had no idea what they were talking about.

If you are going to accuse use me of stooping to your pathetic level, then at least offer some evidence.

Last edited:
Please. All in doing it pointing out how pathetic it is to gloat about a console you don't even own. Why should I be embarrassed? I actually now both.

You have some kind of issue with people who got screwed over by supply/scalpers? I don't understand. How many unique individuals do you think were able to acquire a PS5 so far? Not owning one now has no bearing on it being their choice for the future, does it? Shouldn't you be happy your console of choice is doing well even if you don't yet have it? This is all ignoring what this forum has been like for about a year, the constant talk of how multi-plats would fare better on XSX and anyone who could only buy one and was still choosing PS5 because of the exclusives would be missing out. I still find it weird to complain about people gloating while talking about how embarrassed they'll be "eventually" when the "tables are turned". To me the worst gloating we get on here is gloating about impossible to predict future events.

Hendrick's

I just showed you.

You don't have a problem when Xbox fans on this forum celebrate whenever the PS5 is at a disadvantage.
You showed me nothing. And that thread was no where near the levels of embarrasment that this one is.

You have some kind of issue with people who got screwed over by supply/scalpers? I don't understand. How many unique individuals do you think were able to acquire a PS5 so far? Not owning one now has no bearing on it being their choice for the future, does it? Shouldn't you be happy your console of choice is doing well even if you don't yet have it? This is all ignoring what this forum has been like for about a year, the constant talk of how multi-plats would fare better on XSX and anyone who could only buy one and was still choosing PS5 because of the exclusives would be missing out. I still find it weird to complain about people gloating while talking about how embarrassed they'll be "eventually" when the "tables are turned". To me the worst gloating we get on here is gloating about impossible to predict future events.

I think the worst part for me is that I'm going to be constantly checking stores until they have one available. It's kind of annoying that I can't just walk in and pick one up. I'm going to do that with the DualSense today but I'm sure I won't find a PS5 anywhere I go. Right now it's a waiting game and hopefully it's not a long one.

I'm still going to watch comparisons and maybe get the XSX instead if multiplats end up being horrible on the PS5. But thankfully I'm not seeing that happen yet.

Considering the no doubt PRICEY dualshock 5 and secret sauce SSD I find it interesting that PS5 is able to go head to head with a console that costs $€100 more.

Black magic was performed by Sony.

geordiemp

Again receipts please.

In that thread I actually said I believed the PR person likely had no idea what they were talking about.

If you are going to accuse use me of stooping to your pathetic level, then at least offer some evidence.

Series X for real games, PS5 for cinematic walking simulators.

Seriously though, I do think 3rd parties will mostly play better on XSX.

It smells of desperation in here. So much energy spent defending an obviously less powerful console is laughable at this point. They will both have great games, just get over the power battle. That is already over.

Sounds like what Sony boosters have been doing since they lost the power battle.

It like the Xbox One secret sauce all over again only with the sides switched. And like then, PS5 is simply the less powerful system. No secrets, no sauce.

I had lots of TF arguments with you, all you had to say was yup its a surpise, I thought TF would of made more of a difference. End. But dont deny saying XSX was stronger for months.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Considering the no doubt PRICEY dualshock 5 and secret sauce SSD I find it interesting that PS5 is able to go head to head with a console that costs $€100 more.

Black magic was performed by Sony.

It really is crazy when you think about it like that.

in UK money it's what a £350 machine beating a £ 450-pound machine and the lower cost machine has got a better controller abetter ssd and a 90% reviewed game thrown in for free.

And it won the assassins creed matchup.

LIKE WTF. Just let those metrics sink in. Why are we even having this conversation lol.

John Wick

I think the worst part for me is that I'm going to be constantly checking stores until they have one available. It's kind of annoying that I can't just walk in and pick one up. I'm going to do that with the DualSense today but I'm sure I won't find a PS5 anywhere I go. Right now it's a waiting game and hopefully it's not a long one.

I'm still going to watch comparisons and maybe get the XSX instead if multiplats end up being horrible on the PS5. But thankfully I'm not seeing that happen yet.
They are not going to be worse. You make it sound like there will be a massive difference, it will be minor. Also the DualSense is a major game changer.

Hendrick's

I had lots of TF arguments with you, all you had to say was yup its a surpise, I thought TF would of made more of a difference. End. But dont deny saying XSX was stronger for months.

So are you claiming then that the SX is less powerful? Context is important and I stand behind all of my comments. When I am wrong I also own up to it. You guys who do not even own the console, spend much too much time grandstanding and trash talking. The definition of a poser. I wouldn't drive a Camry and laugh at someone's Lexus saying how much better a Cadillac is. The epitome of poser behavior.

They are not going to be worse. You make it sound like there will be a massive difference, it will be minor. Also the DualSense is a major game changer.

The DualSense and Insomniac are two big reasons for me to pick up a PS5.

I managed to pick up the last DualSense from the store today. Can't wait to use it with my PC.

So are you claiming then that the SX is less powerful? Context is important and I stand behind all of my comments. When I am wrong I also own up to it. You guys who do not even own the console, spend much too much time grandstanding and trash talking. The definition of a poser. I wouldn't drive a Camry and laugh at someone's Lexus saying how much better a Cadillac is. The epitome of poser behavior.

You have to realize how cringe this poser stuff is, dude.

geordiemp

I am in UK my 2 ps5 arrive on thursday.

Nah sorry. I actually play the games we are on here discussing instead of just watching YouTube and claiming faux victory for something I I can't partake in.

Games have their own OTs for people who are playing them to discuss, this is very clearly a thread about analysis on how it performs on the two big consoles.

Resenge

Nah sorry. I actually play the games we are on here discussing instead of just watching YouTube and claiming faux victory for something I I can't partake in.
Even if everyone here had a PS5 and an XsX, most here don't have framerate counter or pixel counting software, so they and you look to other people to give that information. Owning a PS5 and XsX does not suddenly give you expertise on any of that, so your argument is moot.

Last edited:

jhjfss

I believe that Series X and ps5 have the same graphics, NX even mentioned that the "softness" of images on series X is due to capture card issues. Take a look at his image and see how it looks fuzzy but its not the case in someone elses video.

K56JGov.jpg

2MOaW0z.jpg

Last edited:

kyoji

Just take your ball and go home man again you are not fooling anyone and most of us have ps5's, regardless even if they didnt yet it still doesnt discredit anyone for calling you out on your bullshit for the last couple months.

FYI: I have Demon souls, Miles Morales, Godfall, Cold war, disc ps5, pulse headset, etc. 🤷‍♂️

Md Ray

this is why DF are king and why they are the definitive analysis channel.
What an unfair thing to say. Stop putting NXG down.

For DF crew, DF is their bread and butter, full-time gig. NX Gamer is just one guy with limited time & resources and he doesn't even do this YT thing full time. His real job is something else. Still, it's quite remarkable to often compare one guy's part time work to a crew who are dedicated to doing these stuff.

Imagine if he did this full time.

Technical hiccups happen with new hardware. Even DF are still figuring things out on the capture side of things, do you know? I'm sure his next video will sort out the issues he had with the capture.

Both DF and NXG including VG Tech are great. And it's nice to have multiple sets of data from multiple outlets.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Sounds like, at least for this first comparison, visuals and performance are basically the same between the two consoles. That surprises me a little. I didn't expect a noticeable difference for the average gamer, but I did expect that the guys with the microscopes (DF, this fellow) would find significant advantages for XSX, given the higher TF count.

geordiemp

What an unfair thing to say. Stop putting NXG down.

For DF crew, DF is their bread and butter, full-time gig. NX Gamer is just one guy with limited time & resources and he doesn't even do this YT thing full time. His real job is something else. Still, it's quite remarkable to often compare one guy's part time work to a crew who are dedicated to doing these stuff.

Imagine if he did this full time.

Technical hiccups happen with new hardware. Even DF are still figuring things out on the capture side of things, do you know? I'm sure his next video will sort out the issues he had with the capture.

Both DF and NXG including VG Tech are great. And it's nice to have multiple sets of data from multiple outlets.

Keeps them honest as well as they know another channel will analyse the same thing, so thats good.

Md Ray

It is INDEED less powerful in other parts of its GPU.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I have a 17 yr old son who will nab the first one.....
And you had to ruin my mediocre joke by being a good dad?
giphy.gif

More seriously congrats to you and your son, I hope you will have a great time with them.And if one day you want to get mad at him try "Keep talking and nobody explodes" on Psvr with him.It can break a family a part but is also really fun.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I'm not talking about the PS5 having better multiplats. We all know the XSX is the most powerful system. What people are saying is that all the rumors depicting the PS5 as an extremely weak next gen system are not going to come true. That's why the tables won't flip.
But why are you even listening to the idiotic fanboys that made those claims in the first place? You don’t get to listen to the worst of the worst and then quote them to laugh at people that didn’t agree with them in the first place.

You won’t find many that don’t have an Xbox avatar that said anything remotely close to that the Xbox will be running games 33%+ better, you just ignore those dipshits that say stuff like that, much like how you just ignore any of the morons with Craig and Sony/PlayStation avatars.

Top Bottom