• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVidia to talk about more about their next gen GPUs at GTC next month

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...iting-next-generation-gpu-update-in-september

During second quarter earnings call, NVIDIA CEO had to explain how the company will reduce the inventory of existing models before switching to next-generation. Jensen Huang called the upcoming series ‘exciting’, but also mentioned that Ampere is the most popular GPU they ever created. The only problem is that they made too many of them.

NVIDIA CEO finally confirmed that the company is struggling with ‘excess inventory’ of GeForce RTX 30 series. The main issue is not the inventory though but pricing, especially in regions outside China or US. While we often report on price cuts on high-end models from US stores, or the Chinese market flooded with post-mining GPUs, this is not always the case in other regions.

Huang confirmed the company is working with partners to correct price position as they prepare for next-generation. But so far, there is no word on official price cuts, as one would expect 2 years since the architecture was released.

Our strategy is to reduce the sell-in this quarter and next quarter to let channel inventory correct. Obviously, we’re off the highs, and the macro condition turned sharply worse. And so, our first strategy is to reduce sell-in in the next couple of quarters to correct channel inventory. We’ve also instituted programs to price position our current products to prepare for next-generation products.
Ampere is the most popular GPU we’ve ever created. It is in the top 15 most popular gaming GPUs on Steam. And it remains the best GPUs in the world, and it will be very successful for some time. However, we do have exciting new next-generation coming and it’s going to be layered on top of that. And so, we’ve taken — we’ve done two things. We’ve reduced sell-in to let channel inventory correct and we’ve implemented programs with our partners to price position the products in the channel in preparation for our next generation.
All of this we anticipate were working towards a path to being in a good shape going into next year. Okay? So, that’s what our game plan is.
— Jensen Huang, NVIDIA CEO at Q2 2022 Earnings Call
More importantly, Jensen confirmed he will talk more about next-gen GPUs at GTC’22 conference next month. This is the first time we will be hearing official word on new architecture:

We’ll get through this over the next few months and go into next year with our new architecture. I look forward to telling you more about it at GTC next month.
I look forward to next month’s GTC conference, where we will share new advances of RTX reinventing 3D graphics and gaming.
— Jensen Huang, NVIDIA CEO at Q2 2022 Earnings Call

Topher

Gold Member
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...iting-next-generation-gpu-update-in-september

During second quarter earnings call, NVIDIA CEO had to explain how the company will reduce the inventory of existing models before switching to next-generation. Jensen Huang called the upcoming series ‘exciting’, but also mentioned that Ampere is the most popular GPU they ever created. The only problem is that they made too many of them.

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

Cmon Jenson, your “most popular GPU” should bs selling like hotcakes, regardless of excess stock.

Anyways, I’m super stoked for Lovelace.

Tomi

I think rtx 3xxx will drasticly drop in price in next few months

Eth mining is over for 20 days and then real rtx exodus begins

Reallink

AIB cards are by in large still listed and selling for $50-$150+ premiums over their "launch" MSRPs. Now 2 years old and effectively discontinued, they should logically be selling at $100+ discounts under normal circumstances, nevermind a threat of mass miner liquidations, or alleged mountains of unsold cards rotting in warehouses. How does this even begin to make sense?

Last edited:

A.Romero

Cut the prices in half and I’ll pick up two 3080s

Prices are unreal on my market right now.

A 3070 for 650 USD tax included (November last year that same GPU was at least 500 usd more) or a 3080TI for 1200 tax included.

I thought I'd never see GPU's priced like that again.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Be smart, people. Don't sell your 3080 now to buy a 4080 that you can't actually buy and then you have to buy an open box 2060 while you wait to buy a 4080 because your dumb ass sold that beautiful 3080.

Fahdis

Prices are unreal on my market right now.

A 3070 for 650 USD tax included (November last year that same GPU was at least 500 usd more) or a 3080TI for 1200 tax included.

I thought I'd never see GPU's priced like that again.

Eh? Its literally back to MSRP price or even lower. What are you talking about?

REDRZA MWS

“Look forward to taking about it next year”? So we are looking at 2023 earliest for the 4xxx cards? Sheesh. Was hoping Sept-nov this year. I can wait, my SX and PS5 are doing just fine.

Draugoth

Gold Member
So announcement around Q1 2023 i suppose. Plenty of time to get money.

“Look forward to taking about it next year”? So we are looking at 2023 earliest for the 4xxx cards? Sheesh. Was hoping Sept-nov this year. I can wait, my SX and PS5 are doing just fine.

Yes, we will be hearing from them in 2023

Top Bottom