• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA to buy ARM for $40 Billion

Exede

Ahm, that's a insane growth in value
9aCzAph.jpg

Last edited:
ARM based CPU's and GPU's are gaining some serious momentum...

1)

At 5:11, he states that QUALCOM's purchase of NUVIA has shown that their phoenix cores are 50% higher peak performances than AMD Zen 2!!! So ARM based snapdragon processors will most likely have significant performance improvements!

2)

SAMSUNG is still using the old ARM cortex, and a unoptimized RDNA 2 sample, and its close to Apple's M1 desktop performance. That is friggin amazing!!

3)

Apple will be no slouch, and next year's custom silicon destroy 2021 custom silicon!!!

4)

NVIDIA has made ARM based CPU's called Grace for servers. I am sure it will trickle down to consumer based ARM CPU along with their own ARM based GPU's!

5)

Mali ARM GPUs with performance improvement!

2022 will be the year for both ARM and x86!! Along with:

Smartphone cameras, UHDTVs!!

I think Windows 10/11 on ARM will have sufficient horse power in 2022 where it will run buttery smooth just like its x86 counterpart and have 5G as icing on top (assuming good connections). I know there are 2 major players in smartphones: Android and Iphones, and windows mobile failed. However:

For 2022, Since ARM based CPU/GPUs will gain some serious horsepower momentum, along with a more solid Windows 11 ARM with better touch based UI (not so much 10), MSFT could potentially turn each smart phone to a full fledged Windows 11 ARM desktop similar to samsung dex. Considering that next years smartphones will have:

12GB + LPDDR5 RAM
5G
Wifi6E
USB 4.0
MicroSDExpress 8.0 standard with 4 GB/sec read/writespeed
ARM V9 Based CPU/GPUS
UFS Storage 3.1

This may give developers more incentive(s) to make UWP apps and compile it both for X86 and ARM using native hardware, or simply make PWA's. This may also give game developers to make hi-fidelity performance games (like forza, gears, RE8, not shovelware) and compile it natively to run on ARM hardware.

Time will tell..

Last edited:

NVIDIA to put DLSS and Raytracing in their ARM based GPU's?

I am sure there will be ARM based Windows 10/11 NVIDIA ARM based GPU with 5G....

But what about Android Phones/Tablets with NVIDIA GPUs with DLSS and Raytracing?:pie_thinking:

bbeach123

I dont understand how Nvidia this big , one would think CPU market is way bigger than GPU . Intel have like 10 time more number of employees , 10 time more assets , 10 time more Revenue , 10 time more income and operating .

WHY NVIDIA HAVE WAY HIGHER MARKET CAP THAN INTEL .

Ahaha, you guys resurrected this thread in time for Nvidia's stock split tomorrow. Should be fun to watch. NVDA ran up a ton into the split, so the warning signs are there for a post-split drop. If you're interested in buying NVDA after the stock price cools off a bit, get ready because tomorrow is Go Time.

Last edited:
Why is this company selling when they only purchased it 4 years ago? I get they're making a profit but why wasn't this such a big deal to them as it is to Nvidia?

M16

I dont understand how Nvidia this big , one would think CPU market is way bigger than GPU . Intel have like 10 time more number of employees , 10 time more assets , 10 time more Revenue , 10 time more income and operating .

WHY NVIDIA HAVE WAY HIGHER MARKET CAP THAN INTEL .
market cap is just the share price * number of shares. its the amount of money investors are willing to invest. doesnt necessarily indicate how big the business is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom