• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

News Hardware Nvidia taps the GTX 1050 Ti and the RTX 2060 to battle graphics card shortages

raduque

Mar 29, 2017
The Dell was in stock for quite a while, at least half an hour. Possibly hours, I don't know. I wasnt shopping for one but my suspicion is that most of the posters here aren't either. They'd rather just go with the heard mentality and complain online about GPU shortages instead of actually try to secure one (or a prebuilt with one which really isn't that hard).
Don't the Alienware desktops use proprietary motherboards and power supplies pretty much locking that board and psu to the case?

I have seen a few pre-built for reasonable-ish prices (1660 super, i5-10600k, $950), but we shouldn't HAVE to buy a pre-built and strip it to get a damned gpu. Miners need to be locked out of the market somehow, one farm could supply 20-30 gamers.

Last edited:

FStubbs

Aug 29, 2010
30-series for miners
20-series for gamers
Bad times to be a pc-gamer
Makes me wonder at what point they give up on investing heavily in features like Ray Tracing and build these cards more toward mining. Seems that's their main market now. I can't imagine the miners care about ray tracing.

Also I'm sure the miners are fine with the 20-series cards too.

Last edited:

Gp1

Sep 17, 2019
2060 I can understand but 1050ti...I would rather play with igpu.

No you don't.

--
When you see you a Chinese crypto farm using laptops to farm Bitcoins you know that shit hits the fan for pc gaming...

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Jan 20, 2014
Of course, you're still gonna see the PCMR jackasses go into threads and say "Build a PC!"