• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA: RTX Technology Showcase

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Experience the latest NVIDIA RTX technologies available in Unreal Engine 4. Toggle ray tracing on and off between reflections, shadows and translucency to see the impact these features have on the Attic demo and what they could bring to your project. You’ll also learn how RTX Global Illumination adds dynamic range to the scene with multi-bounce indirect lighting. Maximize these ray-tracing settings with DLSS, which will boost the frame-rate of the Attic scene while maintaining a high resolution. In addition, the showcase provides physics and interactivity, making the experience rich and lifelike. With an RTX GPU, you can try this demo as a standalone build here: https://developer.nvidia.com/rtx-technology-showcase

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

“Showcase”

Waste of time considering RTX is barely noticeable considering the power it eats up irl.

Assassins Creed Unity still looks better than any RTX maxed out title, give me pre-baked any day
This . Fuck ray tracing. Will never use it . I want a high graphics with high frames . Not full hd with ray tracing on a fucking 3090 card . Pass . I don’t even friggin notice it in 99% of the games . Like wtf man get out with this shit .

NiToOgN.jpg

I've downloaded it and tried it and frankly this is a very poor showcase of RTX. First, when every RTX effect is disabled the scene looks absolutely awful and doesn't seem to feature any of the modern techniques found in traditional rendering (e.g. the volumetric sun shafts are VERY pixelated).
Enabling each effect doesn't seem to add to the visual style of the scene, it really feels like some cheap shiny lipstick put on a bland scene. The translucency effects are hard to gauge and the denoising doesn't feel right (still lots of dithering going on, even at 1440p).

Poor showing for the tech imo. Nvidia should just stick to showcasing Control.

PS : 280W on my RTX 2080Ti for this... shame.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I think if the textures were at higher res it would look better, but the tech is definitely impresive, it's just that the video doesn't make it looks like it

Top Bottom