• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 4000 Series Could Arrive Mid-2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to speculations from known leaker kopite7kimi, there's a strong possibility that Nvidia will be unveiling its next generation of GPUs by Q3, 2022. No exact date is given, obviously, but this would put that around July onwards. The tweet specifically references the unveiling of the 4090, 4080, and 4070 graphics cards, adding that this is "not new information." What's interesting to note is that the leaker does not say whether these products will be getting released, or simply announced, by the rough date specified.

This somewhat lines up with an earlier rumor, which suggested that Nvidia's 4000 series could be out next October. This means the hardware could be coming Q4, 2022, rather than Q3. But again, it's worth pointing out that kopite7kimi's speculation could be referring to when the next generation will get unveiled. There's not a lot of information to go on at the moment, but this could suggest that the new RTX 4000 cards could get announced in the summer, with a potential end-of-year release.

Imtjnotu

John Krasinski Good Luck GIF by SomeGoodNews

Everyone trying to get one next year.

hlm666

People can't even fucking get 3000s .... lol
people can, they have been instock in places for a while but the prices are crazy. I don't think the 4000 series will be as bad as the 3000 because nvidia will come out of the gate with the prices people have shown they were willing to pay for the 3000 cards so demand will be lower.

kiphalfton

And I'm sure all models will be low hash rate too. And cost more than its 3000 series counterpart.

And to think there were actually people who thought that nerfing the hashrate would actually get more cards in "gamers" hands. Look how well that turned out.

Grechy34

Will stick with my 2080ti for awhile it seems. Used to enjoy a GPU launch but with scalping, shortages and the pricing nowadays it's become a lot more then a middle class item.

GreatnessRD

Mark my word, Nvidia is going to set the price at the average scalper price.
As they should. The goofy consumers set us up for this bullshit. Everyone so quick to blow they load just because they "Gotta have" the 30 series at all cost. People out here paying $800 for 3060 non Ti's. Like, what? Are you high?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I have serious doubts the 3000-series ever made it out of the east in any substantial quantity. I don't buy into the scalper narrative. If they were produced in any quantity, they ended up in ethereum mining farms in China.

GymWolf

people can, they have been instock in places for a while but the prices are crazy. I don't think the 4000 series will be as bad as the 3000 because nvidia will come out of the gate with the prices people have shown they were willing to pay for the 3000 cards so demand will be lower.
No offense, but paying double is like not being available to me.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
My piece of shite 3090 will have to stop serving me as a beautiful door stop.

I reckon I can make a buck or three and upgrade to the 4000 series.

My loss will be someone's gain.

DarkestHour

Banned
Great… another paper launch by NVidia

I'm not sure you understand what a paper launch is. The product exists, people have them, people can get them. Just because *you* have trouble doesn't make it a paper launch. Paper launch is announcing a product and it doesn't actually exist to purchase by anyone.

Haggard

Banned
got several 3000 series cards and founders edition cards here in europe...they drop every other day.
but not at or even near the "normal price". The best price I`ve seen for a 3080 in central europe in the last months was ~1100EUR

Last edited:

HoofHearted

I'm not sure you understand what a paper launch is. The product exists, people have them, people can get them. Just because *you* have trouble doesn't make it a paper launch. Paper launch is announcing a product and it doesn't actually exist to purchase by anyone.
Oh - I definitely understand what constitutes a paper launch. I'm referring to the actual first quarter (3 months) where the launch took place - not now.

NVidia clearly met that definition with their "launch" of the 3080 card.

People definitely didn't have them shortly after "launch" at that time - the only cards that were even visible/available were the pre-production cards released to all the YT reviewers. Hell, you couldn't even buy cards on eBay from the "launch" until 1-2+ months after the launch.

EVGA and other AIBs also clearly didn't have any available stock or even a defined pipeline available as to what (and more importantly, when) they were going to receive GPU chips to put on their own cards. EVGA didn't get in GPU chips until nearly 6-8 weeks after the launch.

All of these indicators clearly point to the fact that there wasn't a reasonable amount of cards/GPU chips appropriately setup for a typical launch.

It was a complete and utter shit show and it was crystal clear that Jensen and gang wanted to get ahead of the upcoming PS5/XSX launch.

Like Sony and MS, NVidia should've at least waited until there was a proper launch plan in place with an appropriate number (i.e. 1-3M+) of cards and GPU chips made and provided readily to AIB partners before the "official" launch.

Even today - you still can't readily purchase a base 3080 card from BB for MSRP and it's completely random as to when they're able to get them in. Yet - I can go to my local Microcenter right now and by AMD cards (at exorbitant prices). Why? I fully understand that we're in a pandemic with supply constraints - but that wasn't the case at the "launch" - was it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom