• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 3060 announced: 13TF, 12GB GDDR6 - $329, (un)available late February

prag16

Banned
Is it me or is this GPU even at MSRP a joke. Barely faster than last gens 300 gpus (rx 5600xt, rtx 2060) and just on par with 350-400gpus like rx5700 and rtx 2060 super
If it can be found at MSRP it's not at all a joke even though it only trades blows with the 2060S (which is a bit disappointing). Especially when used fucking 2060S cards are going for hundreds above this MSRP right now. The 2060 super isn't a 350-400$ gpu right now, not in reality.

Xdrive05

Pretty much a 2060S / 2070-ish at rasterization, and somewhat above that at RTX? That sounds pretty good at MSRP. I would say a premium version with top end components from a reputable manufacturer at $329 would actually be a hell of a deal - with $350 being justified if that kind of a kit. And even still, it's not worth upgrading if you already have a 2060.

Has Nvidia said they are doing anything special at all to get more of these 3060 chips to market? Other than gimping their mining efficacy? Anything about new manufacturing?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
It's ps5 digital mark II - a low price point so they can advertise nvidia, dlss, rtx, and then deliver hardly any units.

raduque

How is it 329? The cheapest evga card i see on best buy and microcenter is $379
M0nleLK.jpg

Top Bottom