• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA Marbles at Night | RTX Demo

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

NVIDIA Marbles at Night RTX is a fully playable physics-based game. It is entirely ray traced with NVIDIA DLSS integrated.

It is powered by NVIDIA's Omniverse and showcases photorealistic real-time graphics.

This playable demo has hundreds of dynamic ray-traced lights and over one hundred million polygons, running smoothly at 1440p on a single GeForce RTX 3090.

JLMC469

Banned
c034c0e237923103ce80dc7b746db781.jpg

GHG

Gold Member
I wonder if they are going to release this.

If they do I'm certain they will ensure it runs badly on Turing :messenger_grinning_sweat:

VFXVeteran

Banned
I believe it will be downloadable to play soon. It's a full interactive demo. I'd love to play it with the 3090. What would be even better is giving the source code so I can see if they did some of the same things I did back in the day.

Leonidas

Hopefully they release this demo to the public, simply amazing visuals.

Better looking than any "next-gen" game :goog_smile_face_eyes:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Pff, I was real time path tracing on my Pentium 4 back in 2000

Seriously, though, this is incredible, it's the realization of a longtime dream for computer graphics. We're a ways off from it really being a viable alternative to rasterization, but it's still essentially real time film quality CGI. Like holy shit.

CamHostage

Hopefully they release this demo to the public, simply amazing visuals.

Hopefully they release this demo as a full-fledged game, because not only does it look amazing, it looks like it might be fun as hell to play with if they got a studio to design play mechanics around this concept and physics and graphics. A modern-day Marble Madness

Also, it's still worth sharing the original NVIDIA Marbles RTX, which was just released in May.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
The crazy thing is the actual levels of object geometry are probably not as high as people think, it's all down to pixel level perfect lighting & shading that give it the pre-rendered CGI look & feel.

Hudo

I love how spheres are still the canonical objects for ray tracing, haha. (they are usually the objects used when teaching the basics of ray tracing because ray - sphere intersection is really easy to compute).

Last edited:
Top Bottom