• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia GeForce RTX: Game On Event on January 12, 05:00PM GMT

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
- entry level desktop Ampere GPUs

75W NO PIN RTX PLZ!!!! My Rig is RTX Super but my HTPC PC needs an upgrade from my 750 TI badly not a good match for a i5-10400

Rikkori

Can I buy a 3080 at MSRP from Nvidia yet?

Not this year.

flJFgZk.jpg

Xisiqomelir

Bros I'm hoping to go back to school for ML/AI and the 5.2 CUDA of my trusty GTX970 is not cutting it any more.

Still hoping to do at least a bit of gaming on the same card though, so what is my best compromise between gaming specs and Quadro specs? Will anything good come out during the conference for me?

Last edited:

OnionSnake

Banned
Bros I'm hoping to go back to school for ML/AI and the 5.2 CUDA of my trusty GTX970 is not cutting it any more.

Still hoping to do at least a bit of gaming on the same card though, so what is my best compromise between gaming specs and Quadro specs? Will anything good come out during the conference for me?
3060 ti or 3070 are the best bang for your bucks, just have to find them

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Mobile 3000 GPUs would be a welcome announcement. If we can get Desktop 2080 Ti performance in a laptop, then hot damn gaming laptops are going to be pretty exciting next year.

Excess

Can I buy a 3080 at MSRP from Nvidia yet?
Try one of the Discord channels, such as StockDrops. I was able to get an 3080 FE from using their services back in November. There's also another Discord dedicated to all the MicroCenters, if you have one close by. I was tipped off many times for info when stock came into my local store.

dave_d

RTX 3060 announced - 13TF, $329, (un)available February.
Wonder how it compares to the 3060ti which are now going up in price. On the plus side if you're in the EVGA queue already and they manage to get you a card by April 16 they'll honor the old price.(They start at $460 now FWIW)

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
When am I getting my Overwatch RTX update?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So no new high end cards, just another budget option. Wonderful.

longdi

Banned
damn no 3080ti 20gb.🤷‍♀️
why the hell Jensung delaying it?
Oh right, no stocks! Have to wait after chinese new year before Tsmc ramps things up.

damn no 3080ti 20gb.🤷‍♀️
why the hell Jensung delaying it?
Oh right, no stocks! Have to wait after chinese new year before Tsmc ramps things up.

They actually delayed that card, sources say late march or something like that. Its because AMD doesnt have strong enough offerings. The 3080 is faster than the 6800XT and the 3090 is faster than the 6900XT. So they can breathe a bit and delay the 20 gig variant

sobaka770

Banned
Well I guess it was ok for laptop-owners and CES crowd. Next time they better talk about those Ti cards and DLSS improvements.

YCoCg

Wait, wait, so the standard basic 3060 gets 12GB VRAM, ...but a 3060Ti, 3070 and 3080 only get 8GB/10GB VRAM??

Are they doing this on purpose?

Fredrik

sE9HURl.jpg

SONY HAS LOST THE WAR
At twice the money. Nah.
But it’s clear that it’s just a matter of time before the new consoles will struggle to reach PC level graphics, things are moving extremely fast right now in this industry.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
At twice the money. Nah.
But it’s clear that it’s just a matter of time before the new consoles will struggle to reach PC level graphics, things are moving extremely fast right now in this industry.
sure show me a brand new pc game running on the 3080 that comes close to TLOU2 running on a 7 year old console,

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Cyberpunk
Valhalla
RDR2
Gears

Hell there are old games that look better and most importantly run on 60fps.
pretty brave putting cyber on anything but a shitlist.
an ubisoft console port are you high? that game runs baaad
I guess RDR2 runs beter on my 850 euro gpu! wow thanks now i really think it's worth it.
gears 5 was looking better on series X because it had higher gfx options XD
i think they patched that finally after the expansion came out

nah not sold on PC gaming as of now

Top Bottom