• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 to have 24GB GDDR6X VRAM, RTX 3080 10GB VRAM

martino

It's effectively minimal, isn't it? Here's KZ Shadowfall's footprint.

killzonevnssg.jpg
surely a good exemple for an average /s

Last edited:

orosballs

I have a FE 2080 and just play with a 1080p 144hz monitor...thinking I'll wait till the next round if the cards cost THAT much to upgrade...

Bkdk

Will be a worthy upgrade, rtx3090 will last the whole gen plus allowing many different mods installations from old to near future games, the more mod support for games the more worth the 3090 would be.

kiphalfton

Any chance we will see AIO 3090s, and if so, they could be a shorter length?

I'm rocking a Meshify C case, I could swing the 3 slots and PSU requirements, but really don't want to rearrange my whole fan setup to try and fit this massive card.

Meshify C GPU supported length is 315mm with fans installed, or about 12.4 inches. If the leaked pics of this are real then I would be worried about even the AIB manufacturers putting something together that isn't going to be pushing up to the front of your case. This card is already 3 GPU slots thick, and if it runs hot they're going to need all the surface area they can for the heatsink. So it will be either taller or as wide.

Hostile_18

Banned
Could the 3080 surprise us all and be significantly cheaper given the massive difference in Ram?

Also if games aren't really using all that ram in the 3090 today by the time any where near 24 will be utilised won't the card be outdated in other ways? 🤔

kiphalfton

I believe that we would see very different pricing as soon as AMD can get their sorry asses in gear (of which I am a fanboy of). Bloody monopoly.

You pay through the teeth for a premium product. Nvidia, Apple, Intel, etc. Not even mad. They offer quality products, they know it, and they price accordingly. Like you alluded to, it's the competitions fault.

Rikkori

Any chance we will see AIO 3090s, and if so, they could be a shorter length?

I'm rocking a Meshify C case, I could swing the 3 slots and PSU requirements, but really don't want to rearrange my whole fan setup to try and fit this massive card.
We will almost certainly see 3090 AIOs but probably not at launch. Shorter? Maybe. I'm guessing the FE PCB won't really be "the reference" so they might use a different one for AIO.

johntown

Banned
While I would not mind getting the 3090 it seems like it is the Titan version with a different name. I usually wait for the ti version anyway and the way the 3090 looks it will be a good upgrade from my current 1080ti.

PC Gaming has become a joke. Beside mod support and high end emulation is nothing that justefies that big pricegap anymore if u play mainstream games.
Considering how console gamers are making a big deal out of SSD’s, backwards compatibility and game upgrades to their next-gen consoles, all features that have been standard on PC for a while, I would say this post rings hollow.

zcaa0g

Banned
So buy a 3080 and then a 4080 which will beat a 3090 by the time a 3090 truly matters. Then again, the 3090 might matter now with the looming Reverb G2. Decisions, decisions.

thelastword

Banned
Game over for these next gen consoles. 🥶
I don't see any console priced at $2000.......More and more people are willing to pay more for high end GPU's, but that market segment is so small and realistically no dev is going to leverage that power.......So people generally spend all that money just to game at higher resolutions and higher framerates from games created and founded on much lower specs.....Essentially, the graphics and experience is the same as someone playing at 1080p 60fps...

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I don't see any console priced at $2000.......More and more people are willing to pay more for high end GPU's, but that market segment is so small and realistically no dev is going to leverage that power.......So people generally spend all that money just to game at higher resolutions and higher framerates from games created and founded on much lower specs.....Essentially, the graphics and experience is the same as someone playing at 1080p 60fps...
Not remotely correct. LOD is higher. Geometery, shadoows, lighitng, effects. Games are more than just resolution and framerate.

supernova8

Banned

The only justification I can come up with is that it a lot of things other than play games, but yeah if you're not any major video/photo editing there's no reason to get these crazily priced GPUs. Here's hoping AMD comes out with a nice price-performance beast to force NVIDIA to rethink its pricing but it probably won't happen.

supernova8

Banned

If anything, higher PC component prices ends up giving them a reason to price the consoles higher. They can say 'hey look you're still technically getting a much better deal than PC!'

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I must have missed where any of these were priced at 2k? I thought the 3090 was 1400? Still more than I'm willing to pay mind you. I'll be perfectly fine with a 3080.

Last edited:
Top Bottom