• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD: Ps4 has 4 exclusives in top 10 2020 total sales

Npd just released the ranking for top 10 2020 games sales including physical and digital .

Its interesting to see ps4 exclusive software doing so good.

Tlou2 is doing amazing as well.

XRd1RVn.png

Last edited:

Alan Wake

Don't believe the haters who have never played the game .

Tlou2 is game of the generation. 👌😌

I never wish games to fail. TLOU2 is a good game but for me it's probably the biggest disappointment of the generation. I wish I hadn't pre-ordered both the limited and collector's editions... That's what hype can make you do.

DJT123

I don't get this obsession with sales figures. As long as they are successful enough to keep making games that's all i care about.
I die a little bit when I see the stratospheric sales numbers of popular multiplayer garbage on Steam. I wish sales were distributed differently and we keep getting big budget/AA cRPGS, adventure games, jRPGs ETC

Ellery

Nintendo games have insane legs. Looking at Mario Kart from the Wii U that was released like 6 years ago and they can still charge nearly full price for that game.
They truly have the magical touch of making a wide audience of people lust for their games and I can't blame them because Mario Kart is a lot of fun and I played it a lot as well and it gets even better playing it with friends.

thelastword

Banned
Npd just released the ranking for top 10 2020 games sales including physical and digital .

Its interesting to see ps4 exclusive software doing so good.

Tlou2 is doing amazing as well.

XRd1RVn.png
But how is this possible Agnostic? I was told LOU2 was a stale fish flailing. It's not doing well, it bombed and when I look at real lists, real stats instead of spiels from butthurtery syndrome goons and the proganda machine, that I'm shocked.gif, that a 2 month old game is already at Number 3 of best selling games this year....And PS5 has not even released, the holidays has not even come yet, where it will get another boost, especially when Factions debut, which will give it a huge boost again.....

Bryank75 Bryank75 , I understood your point earlier, but unhhhhh.....Sony's performance is not half bad ehh....and look at that variety in those 4 games. 1 brand new IP too......I think Sony is on :messenger_fire:......Great stats to transition to next gen.......

Kdad

Ahhh...No? It'd be pretty easy to tell if they are successful or not - they either keep making games or they don't.

These threads are fanboy circlejerks.
Ah...you were not clear...you're questioning threads about sales figures, not sales figures per se.
Ok fair I guess,

some of us like/have liked sales figures as we participate in websites that turn sales figures into a game (HSX does it for movies (and its a fun way to learn about upcoming movies...highly recommend) but the Videogame one, simexchange, is defunct now)...that was a fun way to build a community around gaming and they always had 'breaking news' as people tried to seek out the next big winner.

Do you get upset at Billboard 100 and Weekend Box Office Movie results? Different aspects of gaming appeal to different peeps.

Its a data point of interest for many...the circle jerking comes from editorializing the results so ya, there is that. But I do enjoy seeing what is popular and what has flopped etc, especially as I tend to buy into games late so a history of sales results is an extra data point for me in my decision to buy a game...it helps determine if there is a community around it, likelihood of support by the dev, possibilities of dlc and sequels etc etc.

Last edited:

Humdinger

For those couple of guys who've ridiculed people who post sales numbers -- sales figures send a powerful message to the companies in charge about what is working and what is not. These companies determine what games you play in the future (or at least, what games you get to choose from), and they pay very close attention to these figures. They will shape the future of your hobby.

Last edited:
For those couple of guys who've ridiculed people who post sales numbers -- sales figures send a powerful message to the companies in charge about what is working and what is not. These companies determine what games you play in the future (or at least, what games you get to choose from), and they pay very close attention to these figures. They will shape the future of your hobby.
Sale numbers dictate the industry direction whether we like it or not

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
It's very easy to tell whose comments in this thread would be the complete opposite if there were more Halo's (dead franchise), Crackdown's (tHe PoweR oF teH Cl0ud!) and Forza's in there.. Or how about Scalebound even?

Look who were the first to talk about TLOU 2 lmao

Its sad that people confuses initial sales boosted by hype, for 'doing' well.

Lets see what the 'doing' charts say:
ItMc5D6.jpg

Yeah, nowhere to be seen. Keep laughing : )
My brain hurts. Comparing a solely storydriven unrepetetive sinleplayer game vs Multiplayer / Repetetive games.

Woopah

Really enjoying Ghost and Animal Crossing so glad to see them doing well. Will be interesting to see this chart at the end of the year.

Aion002

6 exclusives out of 10....

FarawayDownrightHornet-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom