• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Persona 3/4/5 are coming where are you most excited to play them?

Where are you most excited to play Persona 3/4/5?

• PS5/4

Votes: 60 30.2%
  • Switch

Votes: 46 23.1%
  • PC/Steam Deck

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Xbox One/Series

Votes: 45 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skifi28

It will depend on whether the ps version gets a free upgrade considering how cheap you can already find the game there. Otherwise probably steam.

Shifty1897

Switch for the portability, at least for P3P and P4G. I'll wait for a performance analysis of P5R, I have no interest in playing the game at 540p or less in handheld mode.

lachesis

I think it will probably be Xbox platform or PC platform for more robust language options w/o paying for the imports.

Velcro Fly

Probably steam for the deck honestly. Think I trust Valve a little bit more with online infrastructure as well compared to Nintendo.

Obviously if P3P/P4G were getting physical releases anywhere I would be all over that. The temptation to buy P5R on cart for the Switch also exists and draws me more toward the switch.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'll be buying both P4G + P5R for Switch. I already have P4G on Steam and I will buy P5R there too. Already played P5R on PS4 when it came out.

Not too bothered about P3P cause it's the shitty version of the game. I'll play FES on my PS2.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Switch, playing JRPG in the bog is amazing.
it's disgusting tbh. i don't get this fascination people have with playing games (or using their phone) while at the toilet. i hope you're cleaning your Switch. more importantly...why are you spending so long in the bathroom that you can sit there and enjoy playing a game. You gotta go see a doctor.

K' Dash

Already played them all, so… not for me, but I am excited for everyone else who has not experienced these amazing games.

Three

I probably won't play them, I've completed and platinumed them already and don't feel like sinking 300hrs doing the same thing.

Might play PC version depending on what sort of mods there are down the line.

Last edited:

drganon

Already beat p5 royal and regular on ps4, so no real need to play it again on another platform. Might consider p4 golden on switch or ps4 since I only have it for my pstv, but it's not an immediate concern. As for p3p, I don't really feel the need to play it again, at least that version of the game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m not gonna buy them, I already played each of the games multiple times.

I will be playing Soul Hackers 2 instead.

SeraphJan

Good for people that haven't played them especially PC gamers, for me its just triple dip at this point, I rather play something new

Celcius

°Temp. member
Normally I would go with Steam but since I already have the PS4 version of P5R then I'm just going to get the PS5 version and hope that my save data / trophies carry over and that maybe it's even a free or discounted upgrade.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
PS5 on my nice 4K TV while blasting out the OST through my amp on volume 30 👍
Just P4G & P5R though.
P3P is a waste of space, which is a shame as P3 is my favourite 😟

Last edited:

Crayon

it's disgusting tbh. i don't get this fascination people have with playing games (or using their phone) while at the toilet. i hope you're cleaning your Switch. more importantly...why are you spending so long in the bathroom that you can sit there and enjoy playing a game. You gotta go see a doctor.

I don't like touching people's phones for this reason lol. I only buy ruggedized phones because I can quickly wash them with soap and running water. I do look at my phone on the porcelain (for <5 min,btw), but it goes right in the sink when I wash my hands.

PhaseJump

Banned

This must be you.

MV5BODQwMzc0N2ItOGM1NS00ZGZmLTk1NTEtYWE0YjJkZGE3NzA5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

kubricks

That 20 mins of time a day in the bathroom is the only private space I can manage between my full time job and taking care my family of 4.

It's not fascinating, it's not ideal, and quite often that's just life.

Incidentally, that's why the Switch, being portable with sleep function, is such a godsend.

I played regular Persona 5 on console and the only way I will have it in me to play P5 Royal is on a portable. If they put it on xCloud I might just commit the sin of playing it on my phone to save some money.

PC because it's what I have... if I had a Switch I'd go for that for portability but in the end it's not like there's going to be any major difference in versions.

I am looking forward to replaying P3 though and I've been meaning to replay 4 since they released it on Steam. I don't care to replay 5 though, tbh it's too long and too much of a slog

KiteGr

P3P has no graphics... Literally.
They removed everything out of dungeons, including fmvs, and replaced it with talking pictures. The dungeons them selfs are also downgraded, removing various shadows and other effects.
It has lots of gameplay improvements, but the downgrade in presentation is just to much!
I'll always prefer the Fes edition on ps2.

As long as they play well, then my Switch Lite. It's such a small, slick portable. It's perfect for these games with a lot of reading. The Steam Deck is wonderful, but I only use it for games the Switch can't run or haven't been ported to it. No reason to hold a heavier device if they run the same (fingers crossed).

P3P has no graphics... Literally
True, but it does have some sounds, so in the end it's a mixed bag. 5/10

Seriously though P3P is the best version to actually play, 3/Fez is too tedious but I'm worried about how they'll handle all the 2D elements. I sort of expect them to just use the original low resolution PSP assets lol

That 20 mins of time a day in the bathroom is the only private space I can manage between my full time job and taking care my family of 4.

It's not fascinating, it's not ideal, and quite often that's just life.

Incidentally, that's why the Switch, being portable with sleep function, is such a godsend.
This, so much this. Sometimes you have to use it to escape and it gives a good aliby. Also like playing on the porch outside.

People have used the toilet for reading for years. It's why it's called by some the porcelain throne. No difference if playing a game to reading a book or magazine.

Kuranghi

Oh man, imagine P5 with clean af IQ, whos doing the ports? It needs good AA, or at the very least be so light you can supersample/run it at 8K to clean up the aliasing.

Sentenza

I was going through the PS3 version on an emulator (RPCS3) but I deleted it as soon as they confirmed the upcoming Steam version. I'll probably play it from bed on my Steam Deck more than anything.

PJX

Does anyone know if they are digital only or will there be physical copies for all consoles?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Persona is dead.

Newcooomers will spearhead future entries.
It will only get worse from now on, with more emphasis on dating sim than actual interesting story and characters.
Series is for dudes who got shoved into lockers at high school. There's plenty of them in the gaming community.

"I hate JRPGs but love Persona."

Just don't. Please.

Top Bottom