• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now a Sony published game is coming to Game Pass is time to give up on PS5 entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entroyp

ROFL 🤣 Sony doesn’t publish that game on Xbox. The publisher can do whatever they want with it.

Plus, that games does not invalidate a decade of Playstation kicking Xbox’ ass on quality content.

Last edited:
Definitely worth owning a PS5 still for the exclusives, even though the ‘exclusive’ factor seems to be shrinking by the week.

Definitely wouldn’t have it as my main platform though, or even worse, only platform. Making less sense all the time.

People really need to stop trying to say Sony had nothing to do with MLB as an excuse - it makes them even look worse tbh :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
Definitely worth owning a PS5 still for the exclusives, even though the ‘exclusive’ factor seems to be shrinking by the week.

Definitely wouldn’t have it as my main platform though, or even worse, only platform. Making less sense all the time.
Shrinking by the week...the biggest overreaction I’ve seen. Fucking hell.

Zeroing

Banned
Is this a thread by a Xbox fan trying to troll PS fans?
Or is it Nintendo making everyone fight each other while they laugh?

*dramatic music!

buenoblue

Yes sony is doomed. All there games will come to gamepass day one now /s.

Xbox and xbox fans are coming off so needy lately. The only reason Microsoft and Xbox are doing gamepass and bending over backwards for back compatibility is because they got completely destroyed last gen.

If they were they market leader none of this would happen, and if they somehow become market leader in the future all this generosity will stop no doubt.

Buying up Bethesda and any studios they can just reeks of desperation too, and is anti consumerist on its base level.

I used to be a huge xbox 360 fan and was stung bad by the xbox one. Normally I buy all systems but microsoft just seem to be going about it in all the wrong ways to me.

In the 7 years Phill has been in charge all he had to do was get there own studios to make blockbuster great games. Make the games great and everything else will fall into place. Instead he has just cancelled games left and right and put out 90% mediocre games. They should of used that 10 billion they spent on studios to fund there own games with no expense spared, but instead focus on a monopolization approach.

Just make great games.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Let me preface this by saying that I am not console warring in any way.
journey of allen strange nicksplat GIF

Alright

Banned
What is with the Sony hate? Fuck me it's boring.

Sony do what they've always done; catered to their audience, make unique hardware (with the exception of Ps4 because they were skint)

Shouldn't we, as a gaming community, tackle the real issues? Like how kids are being brainwashed to gamble in fucking kids games?

But nah, Jim Ryan isn't liked and the ps5 has 9tf, let's stick with that bullshit shall we? (edit: before a bish level mod bans me for 9tf, it was used to prove a point)

psst, ignore the train wreck that is the xbox team, the piss poor store that is the EGS and MTX MTX MTX

Last edited:

Athreous

Wait, what? There's FFVIIR, TLOU2, Spiderman, etc on gamepass day 1?

No, there's not!

I'd say that I rather have a PS5 + PC than Xbox, since xbox = pc if you already have a pc...

sublimit

Banned
I'm sorry to say but the fact that this thread is still open is a new low for this site.

As someone who has been here since 2009 i fear that this site has become way too tolerant for stupidity and trolls in order to sustain traffic.

Everyday i have to ignore at least 5 threads like this one in order for the front page to be tolerable and good threads are getting buried under tons of trash like this.

Last edited:
Has it ever occurred to you that people can see this, know this and just not give a shit.

Gamepass is not a new unknown. People have known about it for months, and the PS5 still outsells the Xbox. This isn't as big a deal to consumers as you want to make it out to be, hence the sales.
It is, hence the reaction. Everyone who was gonna buy a PS5 to play this game won't have to anymore. Just get an Xbox one and you'll get it practically for free.

Sony is just going into the wrong direction. Raising game prices, not listening to consumers. Microsoft on the other hand is offering a service with a lot of value for almost nothing.

If Microsoft had not done the stupid move of releasing Seris S then they definitely would be ahead of Sony. Imagine a digital series X for $400, PS5 would have been DOA

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
I'm sorry to say but the fact that this thread is still open is a new low for this site.

As someone who has been here since 2009 i fear that this site has become way too tolerant for stupidity and trolls in order to sustain traffic.

Everyday i have to ignore at least 5 threads like this one in order for the front place to be readable and good threads are getting buried under tons of trash like this.

Stop with the melodrama. Seriously.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Not yet.

If for some bizarre reason all Sony exclusive games hit Xbox Gamepass day one, but PS owners had to purchase them outright, then that would be a reason to totally ditch Sony.

MiguelItUp

We've reached that point with this topic where it's really hard for me to tell if it's genuine or trolling.

But, no, it's not time to give up. That's ridiculous. The console is still very much in its infancy. This whole "ordeal" has been blown out of proportion. Big time.

oagboghi2

It is, hence the reaction. Everyone who was gonna buy a PS5 to play this game won't have to anymore. Just get an Xbox one and you'll get it practically for free.

Sony is just going into the wrong direction. Raising game prices, not listening to consumers. Microsoft on the other hand is offering a service with a lot of value for almost nothing.

If Microsoft had not done the stupid move of releasing Seris S then they definitely would be ahead of Sony. Imagine a digital series X for $400, PS5 would have been DOA
Reaction where? On this forum? On a few websites who write clickbaity articles?

Becuase the sales number aren't reflecting this so far, and I very much doubt The Show is going to change that now.

marcincz

Not yet.

If for some bizarre reason all Sony exclusive games hit Xbox Gamepass day one, but PS owners had to purchase them outright, then that would be a reason to totally ditch Sony.
I take this article from MLB thread:

MLB wanted and Sony agreed.

Jigga117

Some of y’all come up with the most retarted shit to whine about. Give up the PS5 because of a baseball game on another console. It shouldn’t matter if Halo came to PS5 or God of war went to Switch. You can’t go to the grave with this shit but damn some of y’all can’t live life.

Naked Lunch

The thread title needs to be:
"Now that Sony has shutdown the PS3/Vita store is it time to give up on the PS5 entirely".

Really hard to support the company after that decision.
Silly to even spend another cent on their new online stores with a proven track record they will shut it down.

MrSec84

Stop with the melodrama. Seriously.

This whole thread is nothing but Melodrama, the user you quoted is right.
Sony's contract with the MLB came to an end and in order to continue have the right to make those games Sony had to make the game a Multiplat, so this was going to happen anyway.
It has zero baring on why most people buy a PlayStation home console, they so for Sony's market presence, many buy PlayStation for the awesome exclusives like God of War, Gran Turismo, Horizon, Days Gone, Ratchet & Clank, Bloodborne, which they can play on the one system, while they can also access a tonne of amazing mutliplats and indies.

MLB really means nothing to most gamers who buy a PlayStation.

NewYork214

A sports game is whatever because it's just a casual style game. Now if sony released their big hitting story games on it then I'd ask this. But that will literally never happen. Ever

Really hard to support the company after that decision.
Silly to even spend another cent on their new online stores with a proven track record they will shut it down.

Suddenly you care about PS3 and PSVita store? Let's be realistic, 99% of gamers won't buy a single game from these stores. Last game i've bought from these stores was a around 8 years ago
MS took down Games for Windows Live for PC around 8 years ago. That move killed many games that depended on it. Industry moved on

Last edited:
At a time when Sony is giving away PERMANENTLY games like R&C and Horizon Complete Edition, not to mention killing it with PS Plus with games like FFVII Remake (which actually is forever available to those who redeemed it and have an active sub)...and you (OP), try to make a case that PlayStation is irrelevant because a Baseball game makes a time-limited appearance on a niche subscription service? I don't know what to tell you but if that means the world to you, be happy bro.

But think about this. That's MLB you're making such a fuass about. Now imagine if it was Uncharted or God of War. You'd be all having an orgasmic seizure right now, but still that would mean nothing. You know why? Because on one hand Sony's got a lot more than that and at this instance it would just work as advertising for Sony consoles.

Last edited:
To me gaming is easy. I just do whatever serves my interests best. I don't worry about "who's winning" or anything of the sort. I just like to have fun, and I do it in the way that works best for me. Let the markets battle as they will. I'll just be here in my little corner enjoying this fun hobby as it suits me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom