• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notorious Sekiro speedrunner LilAggy beats Isshin blindfolded with monitors off on stream

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
This is cool and all... but imagine what he could’ve learned outside of video games in the time it took him to do this — I’m assuming he could’ve learned a few musical instruments, read 100 literary classics, probably completed a PhD worth of education in independent pursuits.

I think I’m getting old.
Sad as it sounds, this probably pays better than anything from those other skills...

I don't know if you are being serious but I have seen video essays that say the same about all FROM games from Souls to Borne to Sekiro.
I myself, found Bloodborne had a lot of rhythm.
Now, you can say the same about any game and call it reaching a state of flow so there's that.

I found Doom Eternal to be a rhythm game. Especially when you get to those insane later stages and you just absolutely LOCK IN to the speed of the game. The mechanics absolutely demand that you play it like that if you want to progress. Shoot, punch, flame thrower, shoot, punch, chain saw, repeat with maybe 1 or 2 variations or death.

I loved it.

bender

What time is it?
lame nerd GIF

Should've done it with a flight stick while spinning in his chair.
Should have used a fleshlight instead of a fight stick.

It’s a rhythm game ;)
I don't know if you are being serious but I have seen video essays that say the same about all FROM games from Souls to Borne to Sekiro.
I myself, found Bloodborne had a lot of rhythm.
Now, you can say the same about any game and call it reaching a state of flow so there's that.

I found Doom Eternal to be a rhythm game. Especially when you get to those insane later stages and you just absolutely LOCK IN to the speed of the game. The mechanics absolutely demand that you play it like that if you want to progress. Shoot, punch, flame thrower, shoot, punch, chain saw, repeat with maybe 1 or 2 variations or death.

I loved it.
In a way he's right. I don't think it takes away from the game since in my opinion the mechanics are pretty crazy and the amount of balance needed for it must be crazy. Like I saw people struggling with Genchiro and I just went in and beat him only taking one hit:

I actually slowed this down a couple ticks because of how fast I play now lol^
I've done no-hit runs through the whole game like 3 times, was my first time playing in like 5 or 6 months so I was a little rusty and he got me once. But I play music, and I understand BPM's pretty well, once you get the 'rhythm' or 'feel' down for an enemy you can easily go toe to toe with them. Then again I don't see how that differs from learning the patterns of an enemy in any other game out there

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
LilAggy, a streamer known for not only constantly beating his own previous world records speedrunning Sekiro,
but also finding fun, new ways to play this piss easy game, like with a DDR Dancepad, Rockband drums or holding the xbox controller WITH HIS FEET, has managed to beat the final boss completely blindfolded.

I'm aware bullshitting blindfold is a thing in the speed-running scene. Just watch it. The second camera behind him is showing his setup, both monitors off. This is what fighting a boss 10000 times does to your brain.

I can hear all the girls lining up for him to get blindfolded and beaten.... aeh... wait

Last edited:

Teslerum

Never trust blindfolded runs. In some of them, you can actually see through them.

Edit: this seems legit though.
They're one of the easiest to recognize they're fake though. Even for your average non-speedrunner.

There's so much set-up that you need to do on a blindfolded run, that there's a 99% chance that at one point it gets forgotten and it becomes painfully obvious that the run is fake. Unless of course it's spliced/fake in the first place in which case the blindfold might as well be real.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Saw it during AGDQ, it’s super impressive although to be fair most bosses are done with cheese strats. What’s incredible is the timing needed for the jumps and grappling hooks moves, there are tons of almost frame perfect shortcuts in the run.
If legitimate, very impressive. Now try that with Returnal.
That’s obviously impossible to do on a roguelike where rooms and paths are randomized.

SJRB

Gold Member
His memory recall is super impressive, and this is quite an incredible video, but I have to wonder what more practical and constructive thing he could have been doing with all of those hundreds of hours...

...he said, posting on an internet videogame forum talking about a guy who plays videogames on a charity stream.

I know right? That guy could've cured cancer, could've launched a rocket to Mars, could've helped that old lady cross the street.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
...he said, posting on an internet videogame forum talking about a guy who plays videogames on a charity stream.

I know right? That guy could've cured cancer, could've launched a rocket to Mars, could've helped that old lady cross the street.

If it takes you as long to post on an internet videogame forum as it does for someone to learn an entire video game blindfold, then you my friend have some very bad problems.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

At AGDQ 2022, Mitchriz completed Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice in just over two hours completely blindfolded. Watch as he breaks down his incredible run, including facing off against the troublesome Blazing Bull.

Top Bottom