• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Not comfortable, but confident" - CDPR CEO on December 10th date for CP2077

DonJorginho

Banned
Well well well, could we see another delay to Cyberpunk 2077?

Speaking during CD Projekt Red's latest call with shareholders, Adam Kiciński said: "We feel — maybe not comfortable, but confident [in the new release date]." This isn't the kind of comment that you want to hear if you're betting on Cyberpunk hitting its new date.

Even Michal Nowakowski, vice president of business development, doesn't seem totally sold on the idea. When asked if the game would definitely launch on the 10th December, he replied: "That's more or less what I'm saying, I guess — yes."

The delay is something that CD Projekt Red clearly wasn't planning on until very recently. The game's marketing machine was already in full swing, with all kinds of adverts highlighting the previous 19th November release date. Hell, some ads even had Keanu Reeves star in them.

DAMN THOSE JAGUAR CORES

2018-cyberpunk-2077-4k-n6.jpg

Last edited:
Can you imagine if this is released, after 8 odd years and its just a mess. Could be a catastrophic collapse of a studio. They HAVE to get this right after all this time, for their sakes.

Hope they do, as a GOTY contender could see them doing this IP for years if it works to continual favourable reviews (à la GTA)

Dries

It'll never happen, but would be nice if they could just release the versions that are supposedly running well (PC, Stadia, next gen consoles) and hold off on the PS4/XBone versions until they're ready.

yeah, I’d wish for this too... One can only hope.

GHG

Gold Member
Just delay it until Feb, the game is probably in a worse state than the guy is letting on and he's scapegoating dead gen because it's an easy target.

Honestly I'm beginning to think they have bitten off more than they can chew with this game.

All these delays are just making thing worse for them as well. With each delay comes added scrutiny and even more bullshit tears about "crunch". The SJW reviewers will be out for blood more than ever.

It would be in their best interests to actually not set a date and then surprise everyone. They don't even need a marketing cycle for this game anymore, everyone in gaming circles (and even some non gaming circles) is aware of it by now and it will sell like hotcakes.

Can you imagine if this is released, after 8 odd years and its just a mess. Could be a catastrophic collapse of a studio. They HAVE to get this right after all this time, for their sakes.

Hope they do, as a GOTY contender could see them doing this IP for years if it works to continual favourable reviews (à la GTA)

100% accurate.

CDPR cannot afford to have this game not be a gigantic success. I'm guessing that's the reason they're trying to get as much time as possible for the day one patch (the game has gone gold right?). Because if people start playing the game and it's a complete mess then that would be a monumental disaster for them.

gojira96

Why even keep announcing new dates? After the first delay, just keep it cool, an update here and there. Once it's absolutely close to finished, ramp up the marketing and announce a date

The number of people giving free advice to CDPR on release dates is staggering. Between all the threads, I can't even quote them all.

Do these people know the state the game is in?
No.

Do these people know what remains to be fixed before the game can reasonably be shipped?
Not really.

Do these people know the financial implications of delaying the game till next year?
No.

Do these people have any idea of the legal and contractual obligations CDPR have?
No.

Do these people have any idea of the impact on other possibly ongoing projects of delaying Cyberpunk to 2021?
No.

No, no, no, no and no.
But that doesn't stop all the armchair Billion-dollar company management going on.

Carry on.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Well well well, could we see another delay to Cyberpunk 2077?

Speaking during CD Projekt Red's latest call with shareholders, Adam Kiciński said: "We feel — maybe not comfortable, but confident [in the new release date]." This isn't the kind of comment that you want to hear if you're betting on Cyberpunk hitting its new date.

Even Michal Nowakowski, vice president of business development, doesn't seem totally sold on the idea. When asked if the game would definitely launch on the 10th December, he replied: "That's more or less what I'm saying, I guess — yes."

The delay is something that CD Projekt Red clearly wasn't planning on until very recently. The game's marketing machine was already in full swing, with all kinds of adverts highlighting the previous 19th November release date. Hell, some ads even had Keanu Reeves star in them.

DAMN THOSE JAGUAR CORES

2018-cyberpunk-2077-4k-n6.jpg

Quoted completely out of context. I suggest reading the whole thing (which the OP conveniently hasn't linked), because it certainly gives a different impression.

DonJorginho

Banned
Quoted completely out of context. I suggest reading the whole thing (which the OP conveniently hasn't linked), because it certainly gives a different impression.
The text is directly taken from an article, don't try and act like there is some conspiracy theory please, thanks very much.

EDIT: Just read the whole thing and still don't see the reasoning behind your tinfoil hat post, I didn't link it as couldn't find it, my post is direct information taken from an article. It seems a little better reading the whole thing that we may get it on time, but the quotes I used still are in that same link and still hold the same weight.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I just linked an image I found from the Twitter post which didn't include any other images, don't try and act like there is some conspiracy theory please, thanks very much.

A simple google search would have helped you find the source. If you think it's a good idea to simply use a "twitter image" to understand what someone is saying, then you may want to review your sourcing.

PS: Nice edit from "twitter" to "article." And you seriously trust an article cherry-picking quotes for clicks? From Pushsquare no less? 😂

Like what?

There's absolutely zero lack of confidence in what Kiciński says. The "not comfortable" simply indicates that it's going to be hard work and it isn't time to relax because they have a few more weeks, not that they're going to have issues.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Well, sounds like 12/10 COULD be solidified more so for PC and next-gen. I'm fine with that. But after all of this, I'm just not going to tell myself that date is solidified cause I'm over getting hyped and then disappointed, lol.

Rbk_3

Well, I am glad I have absolutely no interest in this game. This seems like it would be infuriating.

DonJorginho

Banned
A simple google search would have helped you find the source. If you think it's a good idea to simply use a "twitter image" to understand what someone is saying, then you may want to review your sourcing.
You're talking about the wrong post, I am talking about these direct quotes from the teleconference call via an article I read, could I have read the whole conference call? Maybe as they seem to paint an ever so slightly more positive picture, but the quotes I used are both true and were said, so I don't get your point, take a break David Icke.

CDPR have been 100% confident before this and delayed so analysing this means sweet fa, they will stick to their rigid scheduling plans all the same.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
You're talking about the wrong post, I am talking about these direct quotes from the teleconference call, which are both true and were said, so I don't get your point, take a break David Icke.

They're also entirely out of context. Context matters and shows that Kiciński doesn't foresee any issue nor has any problem with the date.

Maybe you should take a break yourself.

DonJorginho

Banned
They're also entirely out of context. Context matters and shows that Kiciński doesn't foresee any issue nor has any problem with the date.

Maybe you should take a break yourself.
If you want to look at context you could pull up the other teleconference calls, both said at the time they were confident to release, and we know what happened then.

Esca

These delays blow but I rather that than a mess. CDPR just needs to not be so optimistic about their new dates and just give a general time frame, like by the end of the year or early next

GymWolf

Same stance I am taking, I can wait, especially if it guarantees a great game.
I'm always for a delay to make games bigger and better.
Probably the same reason why i hope for a delay in 2022 and beyond for horizon 2, just take your fucking time and don't rush things.

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 was delayed 5 times before it was finally released. I can wait, it's not like anyone has a video card to sell me anyways. Maybe by the time it's released there will be video cards to buy so I can play it.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
If you want to look at context you could pull up the other teleconference calls, both said at the time they were confident to release, and we know what happened then.

So basically you made a thread based on what Kiciński said, but now that you've been called out for quoting out of context, what Kiciński says doesn't matter anymore?

That's cute 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom