• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norman Reedus: "I think we're doing a second Death Stranding, negotiations are already happening"

AlexxKidd

Translated from IGN Brazil,

"I think we're doing a second Death Stranding," Reedus told reporter Vitória Pratini of AdoroCinema, IGN Brasil's partner site. "[The game] is on negotiations. So… Yay! ", celebrated the actor, in front of the excitement of the journalists present at the roundtable about the 11th season of The Walking Dead.

It remains to be seen whether the actor was referring to the director's version of Death Stranding, which will be released in September for PS5. Director's Cut will feature additional content, including new facilities, weapons and items, as well as the Social Strand System, which will enable competitive mode.

On the Dixon v. Bridges "Walk-Off",
Comparing his most famous characters, Norman Reedus commented on who would win a marathon: Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead or Sam Porter Bridges from Death Stranding. After all, the former spent years walking through the zombie apocalypse looking for Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), and the latter delivers packages in a hostile open-world environment.

"It would definitely be Sam Porter Bridges. He's got the suit, the motorcycle... Wait, they both have motorcycles. He's got that exoskeleton he can race with," Reedus said. "Daryl is in Georgia, it's very hot. So he could pass out. Norman, on the other hand, would just take a bus," he joked.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Spongebob Squarepants No GIF

Mikey Jr.

Really really did not like this game, so I personally hope it isn't true.

1. The story was nonsense. It felt like the third game with the amount of garbage they were throwing at you. You should ease people into your absurd world, not throw people into the deep end.

2. Gameplay was very clever. I give Kojima that. But it really wore out its welcome by the 50% mark. I could barely muster enough fucks to deliver another package. I had no drive to see the story play out.

3. Main character was truly truly awful. I dont have any experience with Normal Reedus the actor, but in this game, he was god tier garbage. Almost no emotion at all. Something crazy is happening, and he has this stupid fucking blank stare to him. It is REALLY evident when the supporting cast blows him out of the water. Not sure who the black actors name was, the skull face, but he was great.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Norman thinks this is the movie industry. They don’t do this here Norman. This is the needless secrecy and mismanagement industry.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Really really did not like this game, so I personally hope it isn't true.

1. The story was nonsense. It felt like the third game with the amount of garbage they were throwing at you. You should ease people into your absurd world, not throw people into the deep end.

2. Gameplay was very clever. I give Kojima that. But it really wore out its welcome by the 50% mark. I could barely muster enough fucks to deliver another package. I had no drive to see the story play out.

3. Main character was truly truly awful. I dont have any experience with Normal Reedus the actor, but in this game, he was god tier garbage. Almost no emotion at all. Something crazy is happening, and he has this stupid fucking blank stare to him. It is REALLY evident when the supporting cast blows him out of the water. Not sure who the black actors name was, the skull face, but he was great.

I'm pissed off that I didn't make my username Normal Reedus. Thanks.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Norman thinks this is the movie industry. They don’t do this here Norman. This is the needless secrecy and mismanagement industry.

Theres plenty of cinematic mo... I mean games in this industry. There's room for both.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
So is Hideo Kojima doing a smaller project for Microsoft and a big Death Stranding sequel for Sony? All the Kojima name drops in Sony interviews would suggest as much.

SJRB

Gold Member
Look man, at the end of the day nobody cares about Death Stranding. I'm glad for Hideo that he was able to do his vanity project with famous Hollywood actors as that's been his dream for ages. Get it all out of your system, buddy.

But where Metal Gear was an iconic videogame cultural phenomenon still talked about 20+ years later, Death Stranding faded into obscurity basically two weeks after launch. The only reason it didn't fade away sooner is because the final cutscene takes a week to finish.

DarthPutin

Loved first game, it was more than enough. Keeping open mind though.
If anything, it will look MIND BLOWING. First is one of the best looking games already IMO. What else is there to say (story-wise) I'm not sure though.

Last edited:

Keihart

Look man, at the end of the day nobody cares about Death Stranding. I'm glad for Hideo that he was able to do his vanity project with famous Hollywood actors as that's been his dream for ages. Get it all out of your system, buddy.

But where Metal Gear was an iconic videogame cultural phenomenon still talked about 20+ years later, Death Stranding faded into obscurity basically two weeks after launch. The only reason it didn't fade away sooner is because the final cutscene takes a week to finish.
I could make a bet about Death Stranding becoming even more relevant in the future, it couldn't have came out in a more timely manner.
Also who is nobody? the game got really good sales and if you look at the porter rankings there is a shit load of people with over 100 hours of play time.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

It was not my thing, but I do know many seemed to like it and it always gets response. I would rather see Kojima doing something else myself but hey it will be a big deal to many.

Top Bottom