• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Quitters Fantasy NFL Football League (Season 9) |OT|

Hazelhurst

I still can't believe someone spent $50 on Kerwynn Williams. I see it was the David Johnson owner, so he went to a good home. I honestly think Arizona's running back situation will be a mess, but who knows. I'm curious if Palmer bounces back. No John Brown.

Everyone already had the hot waiver pickups on their bench. So there wasn't much left. I'm surprised someone already had Cohen before he went off.

NYR

I still can't believe someone spent $50 on Kerwynn Williams. I see it was the David Johnson owner, so he went to a good home. I honestly think Arizona's running back situation will be a mess, but who knows. I'm curious if Palmer bounces back. No John Brown.

Everyone already had the hot waiver pickups on their bench. So there wasn't much left. I'm surprised someone already had Cohen before he went off.

Yeah, if you owned Johnson, your season was likely over so you might as well swing for the fences. A lot of FAAB wire websites said to put 30% of your FAAB towards Cohen or Willaims.

Personally, I bet a lot of people will be pissed on Monday when they realize DJ is special and it isn't a positional thing like playing with Dallas O-line (not to take anything away from Zeke, but come on), I think Arizona uses a RB by Committee, everything this week is showing that will be the case. I just wanted him for trade bait since RBs are so limited in this league.

donjezzy

Barring the greatest TE game of all time with Engram, Good game Hazelhurst. That pats score at the beginning got me worried a bit. Only week 2 but I'm starting to like my bench with agholor, kerase and Carson. But of course If anyone needs WR help and have some decent RBs. I'm open for business ;)

UberTag

Story of this week is clearly TheSkullPrince's Joe GOATANA squad decimating its second straight opponent in decisive fashion - courtesy of another encore performance from Kareem Hunt along with some supporting contributions from Devonta Freeman and Michael Crabtree.

This rookie sensation has yet another unbeaten opponent lined up to test its might next week as he's poised to take on Crazymoogle's Bail Kings GAFcoast.

Heading into the Monday nighter between the G-Men and the Lions, our one undecided matchup features spyder_ur's Spyders attempting to hold a slim 13.89-point lead against the defending champs, VPhys' Team Crispy. He's got both Shane Vereen and the Giants D/ST remaining on deck to close the gap.

Oddly enough, last season's rookie league winner started off his No Quitters tenure with an 0-2 mark during Weeks 1 and 2... so a bad start can easily be rebounded from in order to take down the league title. It's not the wins and losses in September that matter. It's the ones in December that are of ultimate consequence.

Hazelhurst

Barring the greatest TE game of all time with Engram, Good game Hazelhurst. That pats score at the beginning got me worried a bit. Only week 2 but I'm starting to like my bench with agholor, kerase and Carson. But of course If anyone needs WR help and have some decent RBs. I'm open for business ;)

Good game. It's tough to beat a team that's pretty much firing on all cylinders. It looks like you're the highest scoring team this week.

Story of this week is clearly TheSkullPrince's Joe GOATANA squad decimating its second straight opponent in decisive fashion - courtesy of another encore performance from Kareem Hunt along with some supporting contributions from Devonta Freeman and Michael Crabtree.

This rookie sensation has yet another unbeaten opponent lined up to test its might next week as he's poised to take on Crazymoogle's Bail Kings GAFcoast.

Heading into the Monday nighter between the G-Men and the Lions, our one undecided matchup features spyder_ur's Spyders attempting to hold a slim 13.89-point lead against the defending champs, VPhys' Team Crispy. He's got both Shane Vereen and the Giants D/ST remaining on deck to close the gap.

Oddly enough, last season's rookie league winner started off his No Quitters tenure with an 0-2 mark during Weeks 1 and 2... so a bad start can easily be rebounded from in order to take down the league title. It's not the wins and losses in September that matter. It's the ones in December that are of ultimate consequence.

Can't celebrate just yet, my opponent still has Stafford and Tate left to go tonight.

EDIT: OK now I can celebrate.

Hazelhurst

Looks like three of us bid $11 on Higgins, but NYR had higher waiver priority. I was about to make it a little higher too. Damn, could have used him as I’m replacing Coleman.

Holy shit, $52 on Siemian. Wow.

NYR

Can’t believe I won that bid, my WR squad is embarrassing so I really needed it.

And also, $52 on Siemian - WTF. I don’t remotely think I’m in a position to talk smack, but that is the worst FAAB purchase I’ve ever seen.

UberTag

Just a quick recap for the thread from the post-Week 2 waiver run that's already been talked about...

- Trevor Siemian {QB} - $52 - Crispy (won by $42 over BOTH Bail Kings GAFcoast and Joe GOATANA)
- Ed Dickson {TE} - $25 - Ember Island Players (no other bidders)
- Jalen Richard {RB} - $12 - Crispy (no other bidders)
- Rashard Higgins {WR} - $11 - NYR (won by waiver priority advantage over BOTH Evil Corp and Long Island Broskis)
- Chris Johnson {RB} - $10 - Dinner Out (no other bidders)
- Benjamin Watson {TE} - $7 - TD's N' Beer (no other bidders)
- Markus Wheaton {WR} - $3 - Long Island Broskis (no other bidders)
- Cody Parkey {K} - $2 - Long Island Broskis (no other bidders)
- Green Bay {DEF} - $2 - The Hibachi Grill (no other bidders)
- New England {DEF} - $1 - NYR (no other bidders - from last week)

Outside of the Rashard Higgins logjam, I see a lot of wasted money here.
Seems likely that the next big free agent wide receiver will command anywhere from $12-15 given that crush and the one for Hurns a week before.

UberTag

It's still early but Crazymoogle may have just found out the trick to ending Joe GOATANA's dominant early run. That Watkins benching is looming large.

VPhys

Can’t believe I won that bid, my WR squad is embarrassing so I really needed it.

And also, $52 on Siemian - WTF. I don’t remotely think I’m in a position to talk smack, but that is the worst FAAB purchase I’ve ever seen.

Desperate times. Started 0-2 and threw a hail mary hoping he had a breakout season. Didn't see much room in to improve my roster in the near future. I got bit again by benching Russel Wilson which was a last minute decision.

UberTag

Desperate times. Started 0-2 and threw a hail mary hoping he had a breakout season. Didn't see much room in to improve my roster in the near future. I got bit again by benching Russel Wilson which was a last minute decision.
Was a pretty aggressive hail mary given that you had Wilson rostered.
$52 on an upstart QB is the kind of move you make when your starter gets injured... not when he has two sub-par fantasy games.
That said, I'd be a little surprised if no one threw a trade offer for Wilson your way before this week in light of that aggressive bid. Missed opportunity for those in need of a QB if they didn't.

donjezzy

Good game Ubertag, I might have a chance at a top 5 scoring this week but js ran into a juggernaut. Hopefully Smith will be targeting Kelce more but with hunt emerging who knows

UberTag

Looks like we have a quartet of matchups still up in the air as we head into the Monday night contest between the Cowboys and Cardinals.

The Commish's Ghost of Peyton squad is clinging to a slim 7.11-point lead as Sinistar's Angel's Superb Team will attempt to ride Dan Bailey's leg to a comeback win. Benching a blazing hot Chris Thompson for Jacquizz Rodgers might prove to be a costly mistake.

Hazelhurst's Evil Corp is attempting to hold on to a 9.45-point advantage against saveweyard's Mild Concussions who are still chasing their first win of the season. Similar to the above matchup, his fate leans solely on the leg of a kicker... in this case, Arizona's Phil Dawson who will have to match his combined effort from his first two weeks to seal the victory. It really shouldn't have been this close but Derek Carr laid an egg tonight (as noted above).

Two-time champ Dinner Out's nightmare season continues as he's in a virtual deadlock with spyder_ur to avoid falling to 0-3 heading into the game as they each have a Cardinal running back to their name. The Commish's cousin is fielding Chris Johnson whereas the Spyders have Kerwynn Williams. Flip a coin on that contest but the pre-game messaging seems to favor CJ0K.

And while I would typically ignore a matchup where an opponent had already outpaced the other team's projection, the matchup between Doominated's unbeaten Toto the Magical Pug squad and GCQuinton's Ember Island Players remains very much in play given Jason Witten's monster start, Zeke Elliot looking to rebound from his career-worst game and the fact that they're looking to close a 26.62-point differential against a team fielding the Cardinals defense. Chances are that if Zeke and Witten have a good night, the Cards D will be missing their projection.

Best of luck to everyone!

NYR

WTF

I was up 30 points and thought I was good to go with a W. My matchup wasn’t even mentioned in ubers post, lol.

Now Larry Fitzgerald decided to play like he did 9 years ago? Fuuuck, if I blow this I will be pissed. Up by 11.

UberTag

WTF

I was up 30 points and thought I was good to go with a W. My matchup wasn't even mentioned in ubers post, lol.

Now Larry Fitzgerald decided to play like he did 9 years ago? Fuuuck, if I blow this I will be pissed. Up by 11.
Yahoo! still has you winning 95% of the time. That said, there are freak occurrences that can happen in fantasy that my Monday night preview summaries may well miss.
I had a 95% chance of winning the league title game 3 years back. And then Andrew Luck happened.

NYR

Yahoo! still has you winning 95% of the time. That said, there are freak occurrences that can happen in fantasy that my Monday night preview summaries may well miss.
I had a 95% chance of winning the league title game 3 years back. And then Andrew Luck happened.
Moment of truth. 5:00 left, up by 9, Yahoo has me at 99%. Another Larry TD and I’m likely toast. Go Cowboys D....

Edit: holy shit, Larry was 3 yards away from another TD, got my win, won by less than 5.

UberTag

Incidentally, here is last week's FAAB haul...
- Kerwynn Williams {RB} - $50 - Spyders (won by $20 over NYR)
Kerwynn Williams played ONE SNAP tonight. Yikes!
So much FAAB money down the proverbial toilet.

Good game Ubertag, I might have a chance at a top 5 scoring this week but js ran into a juggernaut. Hopefully Smith will be targeting Kelce more but with hunt emerging who knows
Your team had a really strong showing this week. 3rd out of 16 teams is nothing to sneeze at.
You just got bit by the scheduling gods. Happens to the best of us and I'm sure it'll even out in your favor later in the season.

The lack of chemistry between Pryor and Cousins is surprising to me. Hopefully they can pick it up, or my star WR from the draft is gonna be a bust.

My schedule is ridiculous. I survive Goatana but hey, here's another top team :lol

I will say though, I just lost due to The Fitzgerald in GL3. ughhh

UberTag

Somehow I've taken my bare minimum of draft prep and shot out to a 3-0 record for the first time in 5 years. Not quite sure how I feel about that.
I'm used to starting out slow and building momentum through timely waiver adds/trades.

Not going to rest on my laurels at any rate. Injury bugs can hit at any time. I'd rather be racking up wins late in the season than early on.
I draw NYR this week and I'm certainly not taking him lightly given that lifetime .646 win percentage.

NYR

Uber, I wouldn’t worry about this week, not with my WR corps, lol.

Wow, I also feel like a fool for dropping Jamaal Charles, you guys really wanted him!

UberTag

This week's FAAB haul...

- Deshaun Watson {QB} - $20 - Evil Corp (no other bidders)
- Jamaal Charles {RB} - $16 - Good As Gould (won by $6 over The Ghost of Peyton)
- Alex Smith {QB} - $15 - Joe GOATANA (won by $10 over TD's N' Beer - from last week)
- Geronimo Allison {WR} - $12 - Mild Concussions (won by $1 over The Ghost of Peyton)
- Ryan Griffin {TE} - $9 - The Ghost of Peyton (won by $4 over Evil Corp)
- Adrian Peterson {RB} - $8 - NYR (no other bidders - from last week)
- Vernon Davis {TE} - $7 - The Ghost of Peyton (no other bidders)
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins {TE} - $7 - TD's N' Beer (won by $4 over Long Island Broskis)
- Travis Benjamin {WR} - $6 - Long Island Broskis (won by $3 over Joe GOATANA)
- Robby Anderson {WR} - $5 - Dinner Out (no other bidders)
- Dustin Hopkins {K} - $2 - Joe GOATANA (no other bidders)
- Atlanta {DEF} - $2 - Mild Concussions (no other bidders)
- John Brown {WR} - $1 - NYR (no other bidders - from last week)
- Josh Doctson {WR} - $1 - Evil Corp (no other bidders)

And just to get some visibility into combined opponent records and to call attention to harsh scheduling victims in the early stages of the fantasy season, here's how they shake out...

1st - Bail Kings GAFcoast (3-0) - Combined Record = 37-8 (.822) - Points For = 315.15 (3rd)
2nd - Joe GOATANA (2-1) - Combined Record = 34-11 (.756) - Points For = 338.02 (1st)
3rd - Long Island Broskis (3-0) - Combined Record = 33-12 (.733) - Points For = 319.53 (2nd)

4th - The Hibachi Grill (1-2) - Combined Record = 30-15 (.667) - Points For = 297.06 (5th)
5th - The Ghost of Peyton (2-1) - Combined Record = 29-16 (.644) - Points For = 296.40 (6th)
6th - Ember Island Players (2-1) - Combined Record = 28-17 (.622) - Points For = 293.97 (7th)
7th - Angel's Superb Team (1-2) - Combined Record = 28-17 (.622) - Points For = 298.12 (4th)
8th - Evil Corp (2-1) - Combined Record = 27-18 (.600) - Points For = 285.71 (8th)
9th - Toto the Magical Pug (2-1) - Combined Record = 26-19 (.578) - Points For = 280.66 (9th)

10th - Spyders (1-2) - Combined Record = 21-24 (.467) - Points For = 266.04 (10th)
11th - TD's N' Beer (1-2) - Combined Record = 20-25 (.444) - Points For = 261.69 (11th)

12th - Good As Gould (1-2) - Combined Record = 12-33 (.267) - Points For = 235.32 (12th)
13th - NYR (2-1) - Combined Record = 11-34 (.244) - Points For = 226.53 (13th)
14th - Mild Concussions (0-3) - Combined Record = 10-35 (.222) - Points For = 223.42 (14th)
15th - Crispy (0-3) - Combined Record = 9-36 (.200) - Points For = 217.51 (15th)

16th - Dinner Out (1-2) - Combined Record = 5-40 (.111) - Points For = 208.23 (16th)

Total points for over the duration of the season is, of course, what's used to break ties between teams with identical records - which will definitely come into play come Week 13 to decide who lands the 8th seed and who is left on the outside looking in.

We've had a lot of teams narrowly edge their way into the playoff picture in the final week only to then go on a run and win the whole thing so it's definitely something to be mindful of.

Combined records, on the other hand, help to better paint a picture of a team's overall performance and strength when the initial record doesn't necessarily convey that. These will typically fall in line with a team's total points scored... but not always.

UberTag

Really bad week for my team. Every one of my players failed to hit projection aside from the Jags D, my backup QB for Brees' upcoming bye week laid an egg and I've probably lost my star RB for the season. I was due for the injury bug fairy to pay a visit... at least it came for a player I had handcuffed.

Consider it a minor miracle that I still have a slim chance to pull out a win despite all of that.

The Bail Kings are struggling in their matchup as well so we may wind up with no unbeaten teams left after this weekend.

UberTag

Monday night preview... only a couple matchups remain competitive heading into the Chiefs vs. Redskins matchup barring freak injuries. Although there have been a lot of them this weekend so who can say that we're out of the woods on that front.

My Long Island Broskis are clinging to a meager 5.47-point lead to keep their unbeaten season alive... a gap which NYR hopes to close with the Chiefs D/ST in vaunted Arrowhead. Considering that KC has more than doubled that total each of the past two games and has only fallen short when facing the Patriots powerhouse offense on the road on opening day... I'm leaning pretty solidly towards NYR pulling out the win this week and improving his record to 3-1.

In the other close contest, it appears likely that Crazymoogle's Bail Kings GAFcoast will improve to 4-0 and sole possession of first place. It's a battle of hot players as they'll try to build on their 5.85-point lead with Tyreek Hill while fending off the challenge from the Commish's Ghost of Peyton and Chris Thompson.

NYR

KC D already letting me down. Uber looking solid at getting the W, but looks like he got the big B? Banned?

Edit: oh shit, I see why. Yikes.

NYR

Yo, that TD at the end won you the game! Classic.
WHAT THE FUCK

GFRVNEIJVEIJNFEIJVNERJICWNDIJCWQNDJONFOJEFHBIUTNFIJI RF

I just checked it with 2 seconds to go and turned it off, cursing the shit KC D for giving me 1 point as I got into bed, lol.

Oh man why did Uber get banned? Hope its not for long since I like his weekly recaps.

An ill-advised hyperbolic statement about shooting gun lobbyists and their families in the thread about the Las Vegas shooting. He was obviously not being serious, so the ban shouldn't be too long I imagine.

An ill-advised hyperbolic statement about shooting gun lobbyists and their families in the thread about the Las Vegas shooting. He was obviously not being serious, so the ban shouldn't be too long I imagine.

I like his recaps as well. He's the heart of this thread. I think the bans usually last for two weeks. So we may have him back by Week 6 or Week 7.

Damn just saw his post. Sheesh.

Yeah I totally agree, he's the heart and soul of this thread and I hope he gets back soon (after taking enough time to reflect on the whole situation of course).

donjezzy

I hoped everyone enjoyed the slate of games this weekend. I feel like outside of the Chiefs, I really don't know who's a great team on both sides of the ball this year. Great Fantasy week for me. 4-0 in my 4 leagues plus won $175 in my weekly pick em'. Shame about Ubertag. Here's hoping he's back soon as pretty much the heart of this league.

donjezzy

I got beat down this week, really bad showing on my part.

GG NYR. Jordy Nelson being on the sideline for that magical last drive my Rodgers really puzzled me. I got lucky as well since I figured with Parker getting hurt and Evans not showing up against the Pats that I would have had to have a great game by Prescott to have a chance. McCaffrey finally scoring helped me out this week.

Top Bottom