• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Quitters Fantasy NFL Football League (Season 9) |OT|

NYR

I'm ok with my team, but Yahoo gave me a C- grade LMAO oh well.
Don't waste you time on those yahoo scorecards. They are based on total points projections, so in other words, if you draft a starting lineup but then draft all QBs for your bench, it still thinks you are going to score all those QB points and scores you on that. It's garbage. My last serious league someone drafted 3 QBs and got an A with a projected finish in 1st but finished dead last in the actual pool, not even an injury, just a junk team.

I really dislike those automated report cards because they just mine things based on rankings. It's pretty easy to A+ it if you always pick the first ranked guy on the list...

Don't waste you time on those yahoo scorecards. They are based on total points projections, so in other words, if you draft a starting lineup but then draft all QBs for your bench, it still thinks you are going to score all those QB points and scores you on that. It's garbage. My last serious league someone drafted 3 QBs and got an A with a projected finish in 1st but finished dead last in the actual pool, not even an injury, just a junk team.

lol ok that makes me feel better.

Well...just gonna talk about my lineup because it's more cathartic that way.

Medical Squad
- QB Andrew Luck (unknown injury duration)
- RB Doug Martin (PED - 3 game suspension)
- WR Willie Snead (DUI - 3 game suspension)

So...uh...yeah may be starting Rex Burkhead and Carson Palmer this week...

Other Teams
- Hate to say it but Spyder perpetuates the narrative of 1st pick is best. Really nothing to complain about. Smallwood may be 1/1000 but that also means he can be dropped in a week.

- Conversely I think Gould's team is problematic. Feel like a lot of his bench will "fall out" by Week 2.

- I like Crispy's team but 50% chance he only has 1 usable RB after this week. He also drafted Joe Williams who in case you didn't know, is on IR

- Justin's team is secretly solid upfront. Not sure about midseason but for now, good lottery tickets.

UberTag

My overall thought process as I was constructing my team during the draft last night...

ROUND 1, Pick 3 - Antonio Brown (PIT) - WR

My hands were pretty much tied as soon as I saw my draft position. David Johnson and Le'Veon Bell were going to be 1-2 in some order and I'd be given my choice of the top receivers. Brown has been the undisputed fantasy king the past two years and while that will invariably end at some point - probably this season because I now own him - the wheels haven't fallen off yet.

ROUND 2, Pick 14 - Dalvin Cook (MIN) - RB

I was mainly just hoping that a decent RB would survive the next 26 picks to make it back to me late in the 2nd round. I would have actually been tempted by Tyreek Hill given his baked in return yardage (like I noted during the draft, he was WR6 in this format last year) but Crazymoogle (aka Team IR) ensured I wouldn't be tempted by him.

While I landed Cook and rather like his schedule this season - his first two opponents in the Saints and Steelers were Bottom 10 against the run in 2016 - I was secretly hoping that McCaffrey would slip to me. Like Hill, McCaffrey is also expected to be returning punts and kickoffs this season thanks to Ted Ginn's departure from the Panthers... and that metric has yet to be baked into Yahoo's projection for him. There's a very good chance he finishes the year at RB1 in this format so long as Cam, JStew and Olsen don't vulture all of his touchdowns away from him.

ROUND 3, Pick 3 - Drew Brees (NO) - QB

I really hate how shallow the QBs are this season. Especially in a deep, 16-team format like this one. Mariota and Winston actually regressed on their rookie seasons last year and yet they're now ranked 6th and 7th overall. Matt Ryan completely outperformed his statistical average last year and blew it out of the water thanks to a soft schedule. That's not likely going to be repeatable. I like Wilson and Newton to have bounce-back years but would they even make it back to me in Round 4 with 26 picks to go? (Turns out Cam would have.)

Yeah, rolling with Brees was a no-brainer. Amassed 5K yards five out of the past six seasons... that's more than every other QB combined in NFL history. And this year's schedule is one of his easiest ever - his first two matchups against the Vikes and Pats will likely be his toughest all season and after that he'll get Snead back and it'll be smooth sailing.

ROUND 4, Pick 14 - Joe Mixon (CIN) - RB

I was actually eyeing receiver almost the entire way in this round; I knew Powell wouldn't make it back to me and that receiver train simply wouldn't stop and made me nervous. But then, Joe Mixon was unexpectedly left unclaimed and was staring back at me. His ADP has him consistently going in the first 48 picks - he's not supposed to still be around at 4.14 - and yet here he was.

Did I really want to run with both of this year's 2nd round rookie running backs as my starters? I already had one lottery ticket at the position - why not grab another to increase my odds of one of them hitting and providing a top-shelf RB stud?

So I pulled the trigger and got myself my 2nd rookie. This decision would ultimately make my choices at receiver super-conservative the rest of the way and was the one that shaped my draft the most.

ROUND 5, Pick 3 - Jarvis Landry (MIA) - WR

Immediately after the Mixon pick, I had buyer's remorse and was internally berating myself for not grabbing Landry. I've owned him more times than just about any player over the past 2-3 seasons and appreciate his consistency (no other receiver outside of the Top 12 in this format has tallied 12 fantasy points per game in this format each of the past two seasons).

Cutler is a new variable - and while there's chatter that DeVante Parker is poised to become his new Marshall / Jeffery equivalent, there's no guarantee he'll break out - like I said above, I was now looking for consistency at WR to balance out my running back rookie lottery tickets.

I held my breath as saveweyard reached on Garcon (whom I actually suspect will have a decent season with Hoyer peppering him) and was relieved to see Landry make his way back to me.

ROUND 6, Pick 14 - James White (NE) - RB

My main thought process with this early reach on White is that I wanted someone I could throw out there with confidence in case one of the rookie running backs struggled or had a batch match-up.

While the RB situation in New England is undeniably a mess, they do boast the easiest rushing sched in the league and my thought process the entire way after Edelman went down is that those short passes he would absorb would invariably go to the guy that caught 14 out of 16 balls thrown his way as he was targeted relentlessly during Super Bowl 51.

In a semi-PPR format, it seems ridiculous that he would still be around late in the 6th with Edelman out of the picture. And while a less flashy decision would have been to go with Theo Riddick instead - I want my RBs to be flashy and my WRs to be Steady Eddy. So I had to go with White.

ROUND 7, Pick 3 - Rishard Matthews (TEN) - WR

My entire mindset with Tight End after last season is that they're pretty interchangeable so long as you get a decent guy. I consider Cameron Brate to be just such a decent guy. With most of the top-shelf TIght Ends already gone at this point, I told myself that "there were only three teams without Tight Ends out of the next 13, plenty of tight ends ranked ahead of Brate by Yahoo!, his ADP is like Round 11 in a 16-team format, you can let him slide, go nab another Steady Eddy wide receiver and he'll come back to you in the 8th".

So that's what I did. I grabbed Mariota's safety valve receiver - a little over 10 fantasy points per game in 2015, a little over 11 fantasy points per game in 2016. I understand he has new toys to play with in perennially-hurt Eric Decker and rookie Corey Davis. But he has established chemistry with Matthews and Walker. That's not going to go away over night. Plus, Decker could get himself hurt again and Davis might struggle in his rookie campaign.

ROUND 8, Pick 14 - Eric Ebron (DET) - TE

So while I was cursing out TheSkullPrince for stealing Cameron Brate from me and leaving me with little more than perennial knuckleheads, ancient Antonio Gates and unproven Austin Hooper at Tight End, I inadvertently triggered my auto-draft flag without realizing it. This led to me winding up with Ebron as I was about to succumb to the temptation of grabbing Ted Ginn (whom I spent the better part of Round 8 begging the field to grab from me). Ginn is going to be racking up monster return yardage for the Saints and now has Brees throwing him the ball and the opportunity to build chemistry with Snead suspended. I had to cash in on that with Drew as my QB... and then, Ebron got drafted as I was about to pull the trigger.

Whoops! Well, at least Stafford likes to throw a lot.

The main reason I was begging Ginn to get grabbed before he fell to me is that I needed to shore up Tight End and cuff Hill with Murray in my next two picks and Ginn would prevent me from doing that. I'd have to make a choice as to what was more important. I'd have likely gone with Murray and would have been happy to throw Witten or Gates into my TE slot as they so happened to hang around a while.

ROUND 9, Pick 3 - Latavius Murray (MIN) - RB

With the Ginn temptation out of the way, this pick was academic. Now I don't expect Murray to get utilized alongside Cook like my Devonta Freeman-Tevin Coleman combo from last season. But I do think he could be a reliable short-yardage TD vulture much like LenDale White was with CJ2K back in the day for the Titans. Plus, Murray can go... he averaged 11 1/2 points per game in 2015 and almost 14 last season for the Raiders before being dealt.

He'll likely be a regular benchwarmer but I have peace of mind that he'll deliver should Cook flame out... and that's all I want from a high-investment rookie RB lottery ticket is peace of mind should he not cash in.

ROUND 10, Pick 14 - Sterling Shepard (NYG) - WR

Now that I was done at running back and tight end, I was just looking for a receiver with some chance for breakout potential to spice up my complement of Steady Eddys. Kevin White was who I was looking at but everyone's favorite sniper, donjezzy, grabbed him before he could fall to me. While I was eyeing another of the offensively-depleted Bears in Kendall White, it was too early to reach for him.

Now Shepard does have some breakout potential in his 2nd season should either OBJ or Marshall hit the shelf - he's effectively a handcuff to either one of them given how much Eli will be throwing the ball. Plenty of receivers have exploded out of nowhere for the Giants in the past; no reason Shepard can't do the same.

ROUND 11, Pick 3 - DeShone Kizer (CLE) - QB

I had Kizer pencilled in to my draft card as a potential late round dart throw and with Brees' early bye week and a matchup at home for the Browns against the woeful Jets in Week 5, I figured it was as good a time as any to roll the dice and grab him. He'll probably lose the job to Kessler now that I've jinxed him.

I did appreciate the team name suggestions of Kizer Soze and Kizer Rolls. If I wasn't attached to my silly Broskis, I would entertain using one of them. I have to win this league as the Broskis... history will show how they valiantly struggled and came up short time and time again despite countless close finishes until they finally persevered and won the big one. If I do it under a different name, it won't be the same.

ROUND 12, Pick 14 - Travis Benjamin (LAC) - WR

Here's another potential breakout guy who struggled with the Chargers last season one year removed from his breakout campaign with Cleveland. Hopefully his PCL/knee issues are a thing of the past as San Diego has invested quite a bit in him financially. He won't be contributing outside of the occasional big play unless either Allen or Tyrell Williams hit the shelf but he IS returning punts so I could certainly do worse for a flex play most weeks. That said, he's likely getting dumped to the wire for something more tantalizing after Week 1.

ROUND 13, Pick 3 - Jacksonville Jaguars D/ST

They have the easiest schedule of any fantasy defense this season - only the Steelers matchup in Week 5 looks especially threatening - and have all of the pieces from early draft picks and signing Bouye from the Texans and Campbell from the Cardinals to step up and deliver - provided that their offense can keep them off the field.

That said they need to start netting some turnovers. Their early sched clearly helps - they face Tom Savage and the Texans in Week 1, Josh McCown and the Jets in Week 4, Jared Goff and the Rams in Week 6 and... if, they get really lucky, perhaps Scott Tolzien and the Colts in Week 7.

ROUND 14, Pick 14

I drafted a kicker. Whom I then replaced with another kicker.
Kickers are useless in this league. Our scoring system reduces their already menial impact that much further. Two points for a 39-yard field goal? Yawn. Just don't start a guy playing in a hurricane and you'll be fine.

Gonna post my draft impressions like others:

1.2 - Le'Veon Bell: With the 2nd pick I knew I was locked into whoever Spyder didn't take from Johnson-Bell. Of course I like Bell, but I am a little concerned about his conditioning after his summer holdout.

2.15 - Lamar Miller: I had two picks coming up here at the turn and knew that I wanted to grab a RB and WR in some order. I figured Spyder, who had the picks in between mine, would probably do the same. Elliott and Cooper, who'd I'd been eyeing around here, went early in round 1, to my surprise. And the top 4 rookie running backs went way earlier than I expected as well. After Cooks went in the middle of the round I was left deciding between Miller, Hyde, and Crowell at RB, and Thomas, Hopkins, and Pryor at WR. I took Miller first because I like him as a high volume, high floor RB2.

3.2 - Terrelle Pryor: Spyder ended up taking Thomas and Hopkins, so this pick was made easy for me as I snatched up Pryor (who I had rated higher than either of the other two). With his pairing with Kirk Cousins and the departure of DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon (more on him shortly), I don't see what's not to like about Pryor this season.

4.15 - Tyler Eifert: This was a bit of a panic pick as I saw Reed and Graham go right before me. If I didn't grab a TE with this pick or the next I'd be left looking at what I considered Tier 4 TEs. It was between Eifert, Rudolph, and Walker, but I went with Eifert who I saw as the risk/reward pick with huge upside.

5.2 - Pierre Garcon: I needed another WR at this point. Yes, I know this was a huge reach, but there was no way he was coming back around to me at the end of the 6th round. Looking back, Landry might've been the safer pick here, but I have no faith in Jay Cutler and just don't see the upside with Landry. Other options were Tyrell Williams (I think this is the year Allen stays healthy, so his target share is going to take a hit), DeVante Parker (see Landry), and Brandon Marshall (no thank you). I think Garcon is going to do well above his ADP as Hoyer's number one target in a Kyle Shanahan offense.

6.15 - Frank Gore: Having gone RB-RB with my first two picks I needed a good backup in case something happened to one of them. Reliable, old Frank Gore was staring me in the face at the end of round 6.

7.2 - Derek Carr: Had been hoping against hope that Cousins or Winston would somehow fall this far, but I have no complaints about taking Carr here. Waiting until the end of round 8 seemed too risky to me.

8.15 - Ted Ginn: Ted Fucking Ginn. At least I'll get some points from return yardage if nothing else! I actually think he has one of his best seasons with Drew Brees.

9.2 - Zay Jones: Who else is Tyrod gonna throw it to. My Bills have thrown in the towel this season, but maybe I'll still be able to salvage something?

10.15 - Danny Amendola: Chris Hogan is probably the white WR Tom Brady hooks up with the most this year, but you never know!

The next four picks were NE Def, the Bills' Kicker (because I hate myself), a backup TE in Jared Cook who I don't really know what to make of, and then a shot in the dark with 3rd-string rookie Alvin Kamara, who might actually see some playing time behind injury prone Adrian Peterson and Mark Ingram.

donjezzy

I came in 1st standings wise 3 years ago and 8th the year prior so my analysis is that I'll do the law of averages and say I'll come in 4th or 5th. Whether or not I make money is a whole other crapshoot

UberTag

I'm just happy we have another Bills fan in this league after all these years.

Bills fans have a natural affinity towards fantasy football because we know there's absolutely no reason to get invested in or excited about a season that invariably will go nowhere. Fantasy is where we get to enjoy our small victories and potential playoff excitement from.

The added benefit of being a Bills fan is that we're usually familiar enough with the team to know it's a bad idea to ever draft a Buffalo Bill for any of our fantasy teams. So that's another inherent advantage. (Let's just pretend that saveweyard didn't draft two of them.)

It's a shame there's no fantasy position for punting. I'd draft that Bill. I miss Brian Moorman. That guy was a punting god. He should be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

I'm just happy we have another Bills fan in this league after all these years.

Bills fans have a natural affinity towards fantasy football because we know there's absolutely no reason to get invested in or excited about a season that invariably will go nowhere. Fantasy is where we get to enjoy our small victories and potential playoff excitement from.

The added benefit of being a Bills fan is that we're usually familiar enough with the team to know it's a bad idea to ever draft a Buffalo Bill for any of our fantasy teams. So that's another inherent advantage. (Let's just pretend that saveweyard didn't draft two of them.)

It's a shame there's no fantasy position for punting. I'd draft that Bill. I miss Brian Moorman. That guy was a punting god. He should be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Hey now, one of those was a kicker.

Oh, wait...

I went RB-RB with my first two picks (Devonta Freeman and Kareem Hunt), which I've heard is an outdated fantasy strategy, but picking 12th I wanted to go with best value.

I feel like I reached with Hunt, but the hype surrounding him and not knowing if he'd be there after 22 picks made me do it. And now that he's going to be used in an RB committee, I rushed to go pick up Charcandrick West before anyone else did.

NYR

I went RB-RB with my first two picks (Devonta Freeman and Kareem Hunt), which I've heard is an outdated fantasy strategy, but picking 12th I wanted to go with best value.

I feel like I reached with Hunt, but the hype surrounding him and not knowing if he'd be there after 22 picks made me do it. And now that he's going to be used in an RB committee, I rushed to go pick up Charcandrick West before anyone else did.
RBs used to be huge in fantasy in the early to mid 2000s. RB by committee, lack of longevity of the position, elimination of teams using FBs as much fo clear space and general injuries ruined that. Back in the day, It was more likely a RB would get 1200+ yards, there would be 10+ guys who would go nuts like that, now only one or two guys do it. Only a handful of WR would go over 1200+ yards back in the day, now you have 5 or 6 guys do it.

I still remember the golden age of RB when we had guys like Marshall Faulk, Curtis Martin, Ahman Green and Priest Holmes. Every few years you had beasts like Jamal Lewis go crazy too. I Still remember riding LT during his early seasons to easy championships.

RBs used to be huge in fantasy in the early to mid 2000s. RB by committee, lack of longevity of the position, elimination of teams using FBs as much fo clear space and general injuries ruined that. Back in the day, It was more likely a RB would get 1200+ yards, there would be 10+ guys who would go nuts like that, now only one or two guys do it. Only a handful of WR would go over 1200+ yards back in the day, now you have 5 or 6 guys do it.

I still remember the golden age of RB when we had guys like Marshall Faulk, Curtis Martin, Ahman Green and Priest Holmes. Every few years you had beasts like Jamal Lewis go crazy too. I Still remember riding LT during his early seasons to easy championships.

Sweet, wish I would have known this kind of stuff but I'm still pretty new to the fantasy football game (this is my 2nd year doing it).

LT was David Johnson +++. In an auction league would have been a $100 player on a $200 budget, if not more. Receiving TD, rushing TD, even throwing TDs. A solid lock for 18 points a game and always a threat to have 3-4 touchdowns.

In 2006 he had 31 (!!!) touchdowns, which basically meant you could expect 2 scores per game without even considering yards.

donjezzy

So with the hurricane. Miami and Tampa both have a week 1 bye essentially. I'm a bit surprised they didn't wanna move it but can understand that they wanna make sure all their families are safe.

Hazelhurst

So with the hurricane. Miami and Tampa both have a week 1 bye essentially. I'm a bit surprised they didn't wanna move it but can understand that they wanna make sure all their families are safe.

I see you have Mike Evans and Parker in this league. Ouch.

I've got Ajayi and Parker in two other leagues. I was hoping they'd play at a neutral site. At least they'll be available to use in Week 11 now.

UberTag

Just a quick reminder to everyone to ensure your lineups are set before the season kicks off tonight in Foxborough.

Don't be afraid to trust your hunches and not buy in too heavy to the soft projections for Week 1. I'm trotting James White out there tonight against Kansas City even though both the experts and projections say I should roll with Mixon in his regular season debut in an uncertain timeshare against what was a Top 10 defense against the run last year.

Points don't do anything for you if they're left sitting on your bench so let your instincts guide you... at least early on until the stories for this season firmly take hold.

Best of luck to everyone... except for GCQuinton for whom I will reserve my good luck wishes for next week instead.

UberTag

There you go Gillislee.
Two scores already. Looking like a Blount that can actually put up yardage in addition to getting goal-line scores.
May wind up a steal as a mid-4th round grab for you.
Curious to see whether your 3rd round reach on Abdullah works out similarly.

NYR

KC defense going to score 3 TDs here and justify my start here.

Seriously looked at the waiver wire and saw piss all, messed that up.

UberTag

How about that monster night from Kareem Hunt in his NFL debut?
Has propped TheSkullPrince's Joe GOATANA squad to what seems to be an insurmountable lead thanks to his combined 246 yards and two touchdowns.

Not a bad way to make a splash in No Quitters right out of the gates. My condolences go out to saveweyard whose only reward was regret over starting the Pats D, regret over benching Amendola... and then regret over Amendola being concussed and possibly on the shelf for a while.

Hazelhurst

Two scores already. Looking like a Blount that can actually put up yardage in addition to getting goal-line scores.
May wind up a steal as a mid-4th round grab for you.
Curious to see whether your 3rd round reach on Abdullah works out similarly.

I'm curious as well. Abdullah is a gamble. He looked good in preseason.

Holy shit @ Kareem Hunt. That is one hell of a third round pick by the Chiefs. Congrats to Joe Goatanna for picking him up. He's on his way to being a top five running back if not better. I had a feeling he was going to do some damage, but not like that. We'll see how he does against healthier, better defenses.

I'm SO fucking glad I listened to my gut and drafted Kareem Hunt in the 2nd round, I was second guessing myself wondering if I reached or not BUT GODDAMN I FEEL GOOD.

NYR

Looks like Robinson has a significant Knee injury per Shefter. Looks like I am the jinx team this year, just lost my 4th rounder.

UberTag

A bad Week 1 can always be countered by the waiver wire and disciplined use of one's FAAB budget. I came up just a few points shy of winning the championship game back in 2014 after starting the season 1-3 when my 3rd round WR1 selection was Cordarrelle Patterson and my 4th round RB2 selection was Chris Johnson when he was on the Jets and scored a grand total of 2 TDs on the season and nothing after Week 4.

UberTag

I won this week which means I won't go winless. Robinson done for the year. FUCK.
Congrats on your 50th lifetime win, NYR. That .658 winning percentage is nothing to sneeze at... I'm sure you'll bounce back from losing Allen Robinson just fine. Receivers are fairly easy pieces to replace.

That Bail Kings GAFcoast vs. Spyders matchup should go right down to the wire tonight. Crazymoogle has the slight projection advantage with Diggs and Henry on deck to hold a narrow 10-point lead versus spyder_ur's lineup of Thomas, Anderson and Forbath. The only reason it's even close is due in large part to David Johnson going down and the Ravens D/ST being fed constant turnovers from Andy Dalton. Should be exciting to see play out.

EDIT: And Diggs' multi-touchdown night has iced the matchup for 2010 champion, Crazymoogle. Congrats to everyone whose teams brought them wins during Week 1!

Couldn't have realistically asked for a better week 1. Left lots of points on the bench but my starters did well enough. Not feeling too confident without Marshall after watching how awful Eli was on Sunday night, but I'll wait a couple games with OBJ on the field before I give up on him.

Looks like Robinson has a significant Knee injury per Shefter. Looks like I am the jinx team this year, just lost my 4th rounder.

Damn, I was gunna offer you Golladay or Marshall for a RB but you're thin as all hell there too. Sorry man, good luck :(

donjezzy

Well that was a week to forget. Here's hoping that Evans and Parker can go 15 weeks straight. On the plus side heres hoping agholor can produce this yr in Philly

NYR

Picked up Josh Gordon because fuck you, that's why! lol, jk, my WRs suck, might as well swing for the fence than carry trash for a few weeks.

Hazelhurst

I like the settings of this league:
FAAB - $100
No RBs in flex
Decimal scoring
8 team playoff
Lose points on sacks
Two TEs using flex
Lose -.5 point on missed 50+ FGs

My first time using FAAB and it is great.

My only gripe is kickers should get minimum of 3, but not a huge deal.

NYR

Yeah. I love the settings but the FG stats definitely need to be updated to standard scoring, maybe add negative for missed, I'm surprised they are punished for scoring when an offence stalls in the red zone, not the kickers fault. I also like how they get 3 points and 3 points get put up on the real scoreboard.

Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Point After Attempt Made 1

UberTag

Yeah, I'm with you guys on the kicker scoring. I think Cloudy lost a fantasy matchup a few years back to a team that fielded Rob Bironas kicking like 6+ field goals against him and he dropped the kicker scoring the next season so it wouldn't happen again.

I'll try and massage him into updating the kicker scoring at some point. It took three years of arm twisting to get him on board with FAAB but it worked eventually.

Incidentally, here is last week's FAAB haul...

- Kerwynn Williams {RB} - $50 - Spyders (won by $20 over NYR)
- Javorius Allen {RB} - $25 - Bail Kings GAFcoast (won by $5 over The Ghost of Peyton)
- Sam Bradford {QB} - $15 - Evil Corp (won by $12 over Long Island Broskis)
- Andre Ellington {RB} - $15 - Angel's Superb Team (won by $7 over TD's N' Beer)
- Allen Hurns {WR} - $10 - The Ghost of Peyton (won by waiver priority advantage over NYR)
- Rex Burkhead {RB} - $8 - TD's N' Beer (no other bidders)
- Jermaine Kearse {WR} - $8 - The Hibachi Grill (no other bidders)
- Marlon Mack {RB} - $8 - Evil Corp (no other bidders)
- Bennie Fowler {WR} - $5 - Joe GOATANA (no other bidders)
- Julius Thomas {TE} - $5 - NYR (no other bidders)
- Cincinnati {DEF} - $5 - The Ghost of Peyton (no other bidders)
- Mohamed Sanu {WR} - $3 - Good As Gould (won by $1 over Long Island Broskis)
- Giorgio Tavecchio {K} - $3 - Dinner Out (won by $2 over Bail Kings GAFcoast)

I decided to call attention to this because there was quite a bit of unnecessary FAAB budget depletion this week. Don't want you guys starved for waiver leverage later in the season when it could have been avoided. One thing I will say is that RB value is highly diminished in this scoring format compared to other leagues because of our shallow benches and the fact that you can only start two on any given week. Try not to break the bank on RB depth if you can avoid it unless you're looking at a surefire every-week starter.

NYR

Woah, you can see other people's bids? That is pretty cool, where do I see that? Awesome post, BTW.

UberTag

I bid $5 on a Tight End no one wanted, I know those feels.
I actually gave some serious thought to tossing a bid on Julius Thomas but talked myself out of it. The fact that he's already had his bye certainly helps a lot.
I'm not at all sold on Ebron given that he was an accidental draft pick of mine. I had planned to reach on Hooper in the next round with Brate already gone.

Top Bottom