• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No one cares if you don't like Gamepass or PlayStation Now, I'm just going to be honest here with my opinion .

Impotaku

Ah yes gamepass for the one & done consoomer generation. I wonder how evangelical people will be over this when microsoft properly hikes the price up to what they are actually wanting to put it at, the only reason they are giving it away like they are now is to get everyone hooked on it they are hoping in the longterm to condition people into not wanting physical anymore so that this is eventually the only way you can get games. As a service that is on the whim of the provider, lol yeahhh no thanks i'm not quite that gullible..

Derktron

Banned
Ah yes gamepass for the one & done consoomer generation. I wonder how evangelical people will be over this when microsoft properly hikes the price up to what they are actually wanting to put it at, the only reason they are giving it away like they are now is to get everyone hooked on it they are hoping in the longterm to condition people into not wanting physical anymore so that this is eventually the only way you can get games. As a service that is on the whim of the provider, lol yeahhh no thanks i'm not quite that gullible..
Ah yes another gamer who thinks PS Now & Gamepass is bad because he’s afraid of a price hike which is bound to happen, just like Netflix does yet it’s still successful. I bet your happy to spend $70 to almost $200 on a game just because? Lol yeahhh no thanks I’m not quite gullible...

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
this forum is heavily leaning towards kissing Sonys ass. don't dare come in here talking about gamepass unless you're shitting on it!!

/s (kind of...)

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
this forum is heavily leaning towards kissing Sonys ass. don't dare come in here talking about gamepass unless you're shitting on it!!

/s
Basically, I mentioned both yet people on here are dense to only mention one service. That’s why I’m hoping Sony does their own Gamepass service. Just to see the people on here and elsewhere bitch and moan or even praise it as a second coming of Jesus Christ.

Sony already has their own service!!! It's just that we don't have endless threads about PS Now the way we do GP. That is why "people are dense to only mention one service". There are a flood of GP threads. No shit people are talking about that one service.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Basically, I mentioned both yet people on here are dense to only mention one service. That’s why I’m hoping Sony does their own Gamepass service. Just to see the people on here and elsewhere bitch and moan or even praise it as a second coming of Jesus Christ.
so true. if Sony put out a true gamepass service then you're right it will be praised to no end.

Sony already has their own service!!! It's just that we don't have endless threads about PS Now the way we do GP.
wonder why that is....

Last edited:

ripeavocado

Banned
No one cares if you don't like Gamepass or PlayStation Now, this is not meant for you if you are the ones who complain about having to buy the games to "Keep them". It's not meant for you, it's meant for people who play a game once and just leave it alone, these services are something that many of you naysayers will have to get used to it. I don't understand why the hell anyone thinks that anyone cares if you hate the idea of Gamepass or even PlayStation Now. Nothing is going to fully change over this generation or the next. You will still be able to buy games and guess what if you want to get technical about games being taken away, developers can do the same thing with games that are bought if a game goes south and they need to shut down the server or whatnot. Just like what happened to Cyberpunk 2077 being removed from PlayStation Store (And for good reason). It can happen with the games you treasure.

All I'm trying to get at is that these services can coexist with the traditional way of consuming games.

Gamepasses are making gaming worse for everyone* of course we care, even for the people that are too naive or selfish to see it.

*I can elaborate if you want, I am not going to write a wall of text to explain it for the 2000th time.

Last edited:
I think cloud gaming will fail real hard, faster than battle royale.

MS had an idea that XSX will run 4 games at native 1080p because it can run all games at native 4K@60fps, now even more games can't sustain 1440p on both consoles. It's just too expensive to sustain and Stadia's way, like it or hate it, is the only way that you can sustain cloud gaming, by actually buying them even if slightly cheaper.

Sony doesn't have the guts to load servers with PS5's, I can see Sony making PS Now the go-to BC service at most. It's simply too expensive to sustain and with currently having only 18 million subs on GamePass it's insultingly low. Heck PS Plus has probably passed 50M as it was sitting at 47M by December 2020.

So love it or hate it, it's a dying gimmick.

Actually that's much cheaper and sustainable to have PS Now have downloadable games that are cycled instead of dedicated cloud services with actually consoles. I think Sony at most might go that route.
If Stadia and that Amazon thing fail then there is zero hope for Cloud gaming for at least 20 years. So far, Google took the most serious attempts at cloud gaming. No other company will be able to invest like them. However, I can see cloud gaming dominating in the 2040s (assuming the current world order is still intact 😊).

Last edited:

Kuranghi

/s (kind of...)

Well its a massive arse to be fair so you need to lean in quite heavily just to get your lips near it:

da15uml-3851da08-0dab-4232-8d81-169ca8c68b83.gif

Impotaku

Ah yes another gamer who thinks PS Now & Gamepass is bad because he’s afraid of a price hike which is bound to happen, just like Netflix does yet it’s still successful. I bet your happy to spend $70 to almost $200 on a game just because? Lol yeahhh no thanks I’m not quite gullible...
I don't do GAAS or rentals or streaming services at all regardless of who is providing them. I prefer to buy & own physical games that i can play & enjoy without having restrictive conditions attached to them.

The fact is not everyone is so eager to throw away their remaining consumer rights for convenience because i have seen the shit that already goes on now, you think down the line that these companies wont fuck you over hard once they hold all the cards they already release a broken products with a promise of yeah we'll fix it at some point. Their plan is already working as we now have people conditioned so that they shit on physical like it's some weird thing to want to own a game. When GAAS is the only option left then everyone's fucked.

"BuT YOoU DoN't Own A GaME JuSt A LiCEnSe"

hmm strange as i can still play my current collection from pre consoles right through to now without needing updates or an internet connection. I replay & enjoy older stuff as much as buying the latest, guess i'm from the generation that actually still appreciates games for what they are and not just mindless disposable throw away entertainment to consoom & move onto the next.

Kuranghi

If Stadia and that Amazon thing fail then there is zero hope for Cloud gaming for at least 20 years. So far, Google took the most serious attempts at cloud gaming. No other company will be able to invest like them. However, I can see cloud gaming dominating in the 2040s (assuming the current world order is still intact 😊).

Once they have some sort of breakthrough with latency (I don't know if thats even really possible without major infrustructure changes but just in basic terms) and the ability to deliver IQ that has a similar quality difference as DLSS Quality mode has to native images it'll be more viable imo, the input lag penalty from the streaming on its own is fine for most people right now its just when you add all the other lag to it that it crosses a threshold into "feels bad" for most people.

sainraja

Sony does have its own version of Game Pass (and you know this, a bit odd that you're pretending it doesn't exist after acknowledging it.) The only difference is they are not promoting or focusing on it as heavily as Microsoft is. They added downloads to PS Now back in 2017/2018 I believe. Regardless, don't make it about console allegiances to discredit others opinion. People can just as easily discredit yours by saying "That's why we're hoping Microsoft treats gamepass like Sony is with PS Now. Just to see the people on here and elsewhere bitch and moan or even praise that as a second coming of Jesus Christ."

I have said this else where but if Sony were to do exactly what Microsoft is doing right now with their version of Game Pass. Sony would actually have given us quite a few first party launch titles (Miles, Sackboy and soon to release Ratchet) via their service so if they would be praised, it would be because of their content and that is exactly why Sony gets praised right now is because of their first party content, not due to a service they do or don't offer.

What people are saying about Microsoft and Game Pass will change too. It just depends on Microsoft actually delivering what they have been building up to.

Last edited:
This is true to an extent, I can get my copy of Perfect Dark and put it in my N64 and the full game is there as intended, great.

I agree with the idea of your post but you could have used a way better example than Perfect Dark. The game was gimped unless you bought the Expansion Pak which was like $50 extra.

Last edited:

Ellery

I care when people hate on streaming services and ways to make games less pure in attempts to make much more money in the long run through complete and total control.

I call those people friends. Even if I have never met them.

Once they have some sort of breakthrough with latency (I don't know if thats even really possible without major infrustructure changes but just in basic terms) and the ability to deliver IQ that has a similar quality difference as DLSS Quality mode has to native images it'll be more viable imo, the input lag penalty from the streaming on its own is fine for most people right now its just when you add all the other lag to it that it crosses a threshold into "feels bad" for most people.
My assumption is that technology will advance by 2040s. Currently, logic and Physics do not prefer cloud streaming.
Logic and money doesn't favor a subscription model for $200million budget game unless it is filled with Microtransaction. And even then, those microtransaction type of games will be outdated and people will move away from Pubg and fortnite to something completely different.

Top Bottom