• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 3 Reviews are out!

NeptuneCL

The NMH franchise has never been on the "graphics" side. It´s ALL ABOUT humour, gameplay and replay value. If someone is expecting graphics over gameplay, that person is on the wrong side.

The game is just everything that I wanted, at least for me.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
The NMH franchise has never been on the "graphics" side. It´s ALL ABOUT humour, gameplay and replay value. If someone is expecting graphics over gameplay, that person is on the wrong side.

The game is just everything that I wanted, at least for me.

It might not be about graphic fidelity, but the art design is second to none in my opinion, especially in the menu and FMV sequences.

NeptuneCL

The open world segments on Switch run terribly. I'll wait for the inevitable PC port.
The game is selling really well (for NMH standard and beyond, the PS3 iteration sells really, really bad), I don´t know If the series is going to PC someday....., maybe, who knows

NeptuneCL

It might not be about graphic fidelity, but the art design is second to none in my opinion, especially in the menu and FMV sequences.
I do understand your point, totally, but If you see the NMH1/2 performance, specially in the original Wii, it is somewhat poor and the menu is super simple. Well, I really hope the game sells well (NMH 1/2 sold very "meh" on Wii and in PS3 was truly disappointing). This 3rd iteration follows the same line as always, nothing more.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

Replaying the first game on Switch right now. I never finished it on the Wii back in the day. It’s fun as hell. I’m going to go through each game in order. I know 2 was just overseen by Suda51 and the comments here down it…should I skip it and go to TSA and then 3, or is it worth playing for the storyline, etc?
NMH2 is great - streamlines most of the tiresome stuff from the first.
If you're going to drop one, TSA is probably the choice to skip and watch on youtube, IMHO. The meme of the play area being 4:3 for rEtrO PUrPOsES, at the expense of being harder to see wtf is going on in handheld, wore very thin with me by the end.

Anyone else have enemy over head HP disappear later in the game, aside from the bigger enemies? I'm assuming bug & I should turn it off & on again. Not a big deal.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Replaying the first game on Switch right now. I never finished it on the Wii back in the day. It’s fun as hell. I’m going to go through each game in order. I know 2 was just overseen by Suda51 and the comments here down it…should I skip it and go to TSA and then 3, or is it worth playing for the storyline, etc?
I don't know what story beats get followed up on but NMH2 is pure trash, including the story, that I find it hard to believe that the payoff in 3 is worth trudging through that shit.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
For me 2nd game is my least favourite NMH game but I would still say it’s worth playing once. I currently consider the 3rd game to be best in the series.
NMH2 is streamlined (but in a positive way if you don't care for the open world), has an incredible soundtrack and some of the best set pieces of the series.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
NMH2 is streamlined (but in a positive way if you don't care for the open world), has an incredible soundtrack and some of the best set pieces of the series.
For me the combat in 2nd game was downgrade and it became much more button mashy without ever needing to do perfect dodge. I also hated that over world just became a menu.

Also for rank bosses no were near as memorable as the 1st and 3rd game.

Don’t get me wrong, I still had fun but it’s my least favourite NMH game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
NMH2 OST was ass I don't care what anybody says.
giphy.gif

NMH2 might be my least favourite in series but the soundtrack was fire.

Currently NMH3 is #9 on the Nintendo eShop page, very good for a niche title. It passed Animal Crossing, could pass Skyward Sword HD which is #8 very soon. The fact it's already top 10 makes me think this is selling very well

Ghostdance

Neo Member
I have heard lots about this game series but have never played it. Does it have the weird humour like the Yakuza series? If so I will give it a try.

Jagz

The game is selling really well (for NMH standard and beyond, the PS3 iteration sells really, really bad), I don´t know If the series is going to PC someday....., maybe, who knows
It will go to PC. Just as pretty much every 3rd party Japanese Switch game that wasn't funded by Nintendo has gone to PC.

Last edited:
You're still on this? Lol what a dumbass, I literally explained everything about the frame rate, you just can't read or understand..... dumbass
No you were not specific the first time and won't admit it. Because you aren't mature enough to do so, hence the meltdowns and the cursing.

Go get that last word in.

Top Bottom