• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 3 New Open World Gameplay - (why would they show this?)

jaysius

Banned
This level of lazy is just fan milking, it's abusive and akin to stealing money. This should be a budget priced game.

Last edited:
They still got a month of tinkering before release, if anything, I hope we get a stable day one patch and at least 30 fps on the open world map and 60 fps on missions, etc.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I hope we get a stable day one patch and at least 30 fps on the open world map and 60 fps on missions, etc.
Sadly I think that's a little too optimistic. I have not doubt that the mission will run well, but the open world was already running subpar on the Wii version of the original. 20-30 is my guess for the open world and constant 30 on the missions.

Sadly I think that's a little too optimistic. I have not doubt that the mission will run well, but the open world was already running subpar on the Wii version of the original. 20-30 is my guess for the open world and constant 30 on the missions.
I had no major gripes with NMH2 on switch, it drop to mid 50s fps but that's more than tolerable and playable. This nightmare footage of NMH3 is really disappointing

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That's not a good excuse man, it's 2021 ffs, games should be stable now

You are partially right. It is 2021. There have always been games with stability issues. This will never go away. Expecting otherwise is more on you than the devs - especially if the devs almost always have this very specific issue with every game they release.

That is like getting pissed at Gamefreak for putting the same effort into Pokemon they have for the past 20 years. Sometimes water is freakin' wet.

You are partially right. It is 2021. There have always been games with stability issues. This will never go away. Expecting otherwise is more on you than the devs - especially if the devs almost always have this very specific issue with every game they release.

That is like getting pissed at Gamefreak for putting the same effort into Pokemon they have for the past 20 years. Sometimes water is freakin' wet.
Still not a great reason to optimize games at the bare minimum for it's specific hardware. Look at Shin Megami Tensei V for example, levels looks big and detailed and it's using unreal engine and going by Nintendo Direct it's a stable 30fps.

So it's not on me, I'm the customer, when I buy a game, it should play well, doesn't matter who the developer is IMHO

If anything it's gonna flop in sales and cancel the studio/developers. Look at Deadly Premonition 2 for example, not saying it's Suda but word got out at it's terrible performance and NMH3 might get the same fate, but I hope not

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I had no major gripes with NMH2 on switch, it drop to mid 50s fps but that's more than tolerable and playable.
Thats a Wii port though. I am not sure if the original on Wii ran at 60 FPS. I believe it was 30. The first one had similar technical issues in the open world like NMH3 apparently. I am still going to get this game either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Travis may have struck again in 2019 but on August 27th, the No More Heroes series is getting a proper sequel exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. No More Heroes 3 sees Grasshopper Manufacture returning to the formula of past titles while injecting all kinds of insanity, whether it's new combat mechanics or larger-than-life enemies.

Here are 15 things you should know before buying.

Buggy Loop

NMH has always looked like hot trash, even back on Wii, and this open world segment makes me facepalm at indie Japanese devs (seriously, why are they so behind technically), but this trailer..

The insanity of it and of Suda’s mind makes me interested still..

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
NMH has always looked like hot trash, even back on Wii,
giphy.gif

The insanity of it and of Suda’s mind makes me interested still..
giphy.gif

Azurro

Banned
Is this a full or a timed exclusive? Because it looks and performs like shit. Switch owners won't really mind, but it'd be nice to have the game on something that can offer a stable FPS.

Kokoloko85

Looks so empty. Just like Pokemon and a few other Nintendo open world games. SMT5 also looks bland in alot of places too.
Maybe next gen lol

mcjmetroid

That performance.. big oof.
Like deadly premonition before it, unacceptable and embarrassing if the game comes out like this.. and embarrassing for the fans that accept this or even worse defend this.

Basic graphics is one thing but not even being able to show a stable frame rate in your promotional video is shocking.

You should never buy games that perform like this. End of story, I don't care how how much quirky charm you think it has..

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Is this a full or a timed exclusive? Because it looks and performs like shit. Switch owners won't really mind, but it'd be nice to have the game on something that can offer a stable FPS.

Doesn't matter. NMH1 and 2 ports on PC were ass.

So even if this got ported to PC it would probably be a shit port (just like most Japanese games).

Although I would be excited at the prospect of seeing it on PS5 / XB though. Problem is you wouldn't have the cool motion-based finishers (yeah sue me, I love em).

SenkiDala

Really disliked all Suda's games... They all look and play like low tier games, amateur and pointless. NMW1 & 2 are awful to me, this one look even worst so I won't even try it. The game with zombies and a blonde girl, chainsaw something was quite bad too.

Well if people have fun with those, good for them !

NeptuneCL

The strength of these games has never been the graphics, if someone is expecting that, they are in the wrong place.

NMH is always about the gameplay, story and humour.

I think the game look perfectly fine, the gameplay is that I want so bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom