• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky Beyond, Out Now! (Update Notes)

Inviusx

It's still boring as sin though, I've thrown the dusty old disc back in for all the updates and it only takes an hour before you've seen everything new. Then the realization sets in that at it's core you're still just shooting rocks for space fuel, trying desperately to find and interesting planet and then watching a bunch of aliens scuttle around aimlessly until you pop the disc back out.

danielberg

Neophyte
It's still boring as sin though, I've thrown the dusty old disc back in for all the updates and it only takes an hour before you've seen everything new. Then the realization sets in that at it's core you're still just shooting rocks for space fuel, trying desperately to find and interesting planet and then watching a bunch of aliens scuttle around aimlessly until you pop the disc back out.
its definetly a after work game when you just want to be a bit lazy/not too challanged and just explore/trade/upgrade whatever.

Catphish

Lol at those sean sympathisers here. Dude made huge bank on his scam of lies. then dedicates his life to make the game better after he banked in on it for live on his lies.

Hey guys i got this complete bullshit product, give me 60m and i will be happy to support it even with free updates in 20 years from now !!1.

People like you.

OMG 20 years later still support absolutely amazing!.

Dude is low tier scum and a perfect example how lying pushes u further in life. The fact that this guy isn't bankrupt yet is a indication of how shit the gaming industry is. And how dumb the player base is.

If he really cared and has such high morals he refunded everybody and released the game a year later with all content and resold it to see who would stick around.

Obviously he didn't do that, because he know he rather sits on a fortune of lies and play the victim card while he's at it. to trick those dumbasses that keep supporting these trash can company's.
wtf this jamoke 😄

Neolombax

Lol at those sean sympathisers here. Dude made huge bank on his scam of lies. then dedicates his life to make the game better after he banked in on it for live on his lies.

Hey guys i got this complete bullshit product, give me 60m and i will be happy to support it even with free updates in 20 years from now !!1.

People like you.

Dude is low tier scum and a perfect example how lying pushes u further in life. The fact that this guy isn't bankrupt yet is a indication of how shit the gaming industry is. And how dumb the player base is.

If he really cared and has such high morals he refunded everybody and released the game a year later with all content and resold it to see who would stick around.

Obviously he didn't do that, because he know he rather sits on a fortune of lies and play the victim card while he's at it. to trick those dumbasses that keep supporting these trash can company's.

Careful there buddy, might pop a vein or two.

Last edited:

Handy Fake

I'm seeing new flora models, world looks way livelier and more interesting. Underwater also looks pretty amazing. I'm still holding out hope for ship customization being the other thing they haven't revealed yet for this update.

I'm in two minds about that. On the one hand I think it'd be fun if it was to a limited degree? But if there was too much I worry it might take away from the fun of hunting down a ship you really like?
I think even colourwise, there's something nice about landing in the station, turning around and going "Oooooo, PURPLE!" at a shiny fighter behind you.

Last edited:

Flintty

I love this game on Xbox but admittedly haven’t played for a while. Just fired it up again and it’s still superb. I’m gutted I can’t play VR on the X - I wish they’d somehow engineer in Rift/Vive support!

I think my PC is VR ready. Can any VR gurus advise on what set I should buy if I was to consider going all on in VR just for this game?

scalman

i still want something like old school sci fi books , like you alone on some planet exploring and finding all crazy stuff there , not like in this game its mostly nothing scary on planets so it would be cool like more survival stuff but not in raising difficulty but in way that its lots life all around . im still missing that from this game . and devs now moslty doing base building and online side. so its going to other side now that i would wish i guess.

I want to like this game but it's so boring. What's the point of having a bazillion planets if you do the same things in them?
I may start over, again, and see if it clicks this time.

Wonko_C

I love this game on Xbox but admittedly haven’t played for a while. Just fired it up again and it’s still superb. I’m gutted I can’t play VR on the X - I wish they’d somehow engineer in Rift/Vive support!

I think my PC is VR ready. Can any VR gurus advise on what set I should buy if I was to consider going all on in VR just for this game?

Not a PCVR user but I've done my research. The best is currently the Valve Index with very high refresh rate, eye-distance slider, good sound with headphones that don't touch your ears, and the Index Controllers have the best finger tracking currently and you can even let go of the controllers and they stay on your hands. Cons would be its price for a full set ($1000) and having to install base stations to track your headset and controllers.

The other option is the Oculus Rift S, cheaper ($400) and a lot more user-friendly. No need to set trackers because they're inside the headset itself, and the Oculus Touch controllers still do a great job and are comfortable. Downsides might be headset doesn't have eye-distance slider, and its refresh rate is only 80hz vs the 144max of the Index.

Best would be watch videos of people who have used both.

Flintty

Not a PCVR user but I've done my research. The best is currently the Valve Index with very high refresh rate, eye-distance slider, good sound with headphones that don't touch your ears, and the Index Controllers have the best finger tracking currently and you can even let go of the controllers and they stay on your hands. Cons would be its price for a full set ($1000) and having to install base stations to track your headset and controllers.

The other option is the Oculus Rift S, cheaper ($400) and a lot more user-friendly. No need to set trackers because they're inside the headset itself, and the Oculus Touch controllers still do a great job and are comfortable. Downsides might be headset doesn't have eye-distance slider, and its refresh rate is only 80hz vs the 144max of the Index.

Best would be watch videos of people who have used both.

Thanks! I’ll check out some videos of the two 👍🏻

Bigrx1

Banned

People like you.

Yikes - imagine being this angry that not everyone joins you in hating something you hate.

scalman

giphy.gif

imagine waking up and you dont know how you get here..and its not Jumanji
giphy.gif

so you just keep zapping stones and stuff because thats what you would do ..
giphy.gif

and then you steal ship and never look back anymore... Adventure begins
giphy.gif

Depending on the platform, you will see 16-32 players in Nexus and you will also see them “in the wild” – this includes those playing the game in VR.

Nexus is more than just a social hub. Here, you can also visit various shops to upgrade your equipment, ship and weapon. There’s also a multiplayer missions board. Taking on a mission lets players around you know you’ve started one, and they can choose to join in.
These missions include bounty hunting, taking photos, going on an archaeological excursions, building a base, and more.

so those in VR there too, cool.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned

People like you.

The Edgelord is strong with this one 🤔

iconmaster

Banned

In a weird way, I agree with you; but that's what I love about it. It's boring in a way I find highly engrossing.

ZehDon

Gold Member
From the video:
  • Third pillar is called No Mans Sky 2.0
  • Touches virtually every system in the game, and expands them.
  • You can now farm animals.
  • Base building has been greatly expanded.
  • Added things like logic circuits and power, to create logistics systems, or a knock off rocket league.
  • They’ll feature bases in the Nexus hub (which was compared to Destiny’s tower) to help with exposure.
  • They’ve reworked the alien language systems.
  • NPCs will appear wandering around on space stations and planets. They have all new missions.
  • They’ve reworked the discovery page, but Sean didn’t explain more.
  • Hopes this makes the game feel fresh and new for players who’ve put in even thousands of hours.
The combination of VR, the Online component, and now 2.0 looks pretty incredible to me. Can’t wait!

Romulus

From the video:
  • Third pillar is called No Mans Sky 2.0
  • Touches virtually every system in the game, and expands them.
  • You can now farm animals.
  • Base building has been greatly expanded.
  • Added things like logic circuits and power, to create logistics systems, or a knock off rocket league.
  • They’ll feature bases in the Nexus hub (which was compared to Destiny’s tower) to help with exposure.
  • They’ve reworked the alien language systems.
  • NPCs will appear wandering around on space stations and planets. They have all new missions.
  • They’ve reworked the discovery page, but Sean didn’t explain more.
  • Hopes this makes the game feel fresh and new for players who’ve put in even thousands of hours.
The combination of VR, the Online component, and now 2.0 looks pretty incredible to me. Can’t wait!

Wandering npcs sounds interesting. Hope the missions are dangerous.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Fingers crossed. Based on the video, combats been tweaked, but I doubt it’s been their focus. Hoping for some surprises!

Tumle

Can I play the VR if all I have is the headset? Or do I need the controllers too? (PS4)
Good question.. but since it’s controller support to begin with I can’t see why they wouldn’t allow to use controller Instead😊

Also for those playing please leave your impressions, since I’m at work and want the torment of not being able to play before going home😋

Last edited:

Romulus

DS4 psvr support is in. Plays just like normal NMS.

I played for about 20min before work.

In VR the resolution takes a hit for sure at the expense of better framerate. The scale is just, mind numbing though and worth it.
Good grief it's hard to put into words. I still need to mess around with the move controllers more, didn't have time.

Last edited:

In VR the resolution takes a hit for sure at the expense of better framerate. The scale is just, mind numbing though and worth it.
Good grief it's hard to put into words. I still need to mess around with the move controllers more, didn't have time.
It all makes waiting for the pc release even harder.

Hurry up Hello Games.

Sakura

Thanks. Haven't played since launch. Might check it out for VR.

Tumle

I can live with the blurriness. Just going to roleplay that my glasses where destroyed in the crash and I don't know my proscription :p

blackjon24

Lol so this is the new warframe and ff14? Its so weird seeing games go from the most hated to universally beloved across the internet

gifgaf

How come VR doesn't work for me? I'm just looking at a big 2D screen when wearing my PSVR. :/
Be sure to turn on your PSVR before you start NMS, also I had a problem with the game not even loading until I disabled Boost mode and Super Sampling.

Tumle

Be sure to turn on your PSVR before you start NMS, also I had a problem with the game not even loading until I disabled Boost mode and Super Sampling.
oh yea I remember having problems with getting VR mode in thumber when SS mode was activated.

Psykodad

Banned
Turned off boost mode (can't use SS on my tv), still nothing.

Re-installing now, hopefully that helps.

kind of a downer...

Edit:

Re-installing didn't help. Guess I'll have to wait for a fix.

Last edited:

Handy Fake

Lol so this is the new warframe and ff14? Its so weird seeing games go from the most hated to universally beloved across the internet
They've put in a tremendous amount of work, to be fair to them. I enjoyed the base game as is anyway but they've gone above and beyond really when it comes to sating their community.

Just had a shufti at the Patch Notes. The final one had me chortling away.

Last edited:

gifgaf

Turned off boost mode (can't use SS on my tv), still nothing.

Re-installing now, hopefully that helps.

kind of a downer...

Edit:

Re-installing didn't help. Guess I'll have to wait for a fix.
I know you said your TV doesn't support Super Sampling but have you checked to see if it is enabled anyway? Just a thought.

scalman

those ps4 downloads go so slow even on cable. and then it need to install even longer ...

how Nexus look like

but we need some hard info like how it looks on PS4 VR vs PS4 pro VR whats better and such stuff.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

No new trophies is a bummer. I know a lot of people don't care about them one bit, but imo it's still a huge missed opportunity to attract trophy hunters into going back to the game.

scalman

how someone see it on PSVR ? compare to other PSVR games and compare to non VR version , because lots ppl says its blurry on PS4 Pro and that maybe its not patched for PRo or something else going on there? and lots crashes for people.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Explorers can enjoy longer stretches of uninterrupted mining with less frequent and less aggressive sentinels, and a reworked overheat mechanic for the Mining Beam that rewards pushing heat to the limit.

Inventory limitations have been relaxed, allowing explorers to carry near-unlimited quantities of mined substances. The inventory UI has been revised and improved.

Screw multiplayer, these are the real improvements.

Top Bottom