• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No judging - how many PS5 consoles did you preorder?

So - how many?

Votes: 154 30.6%

Votes: 63 12.5%

Votes: 34 6.7%

Votes: 6 1.2%

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • >5

Votes: 24 4.8%
  • None

Votes: 220 43.7%

• Total voters

Elcid

Banned
I preordered a disk version for myself, if I could have ordered another I would have gotten one for my brother, but alas, limited to one.

Xenon

Just one, I never bought a pro, so this is kinda more of PS Pro kinda thing for me. I just wish Sony was more clear on BC.

playXray

Two - one backup in case the first order (with Very, whom I do not really trust with these things) falls through. Will cancel whichever ships last, or failing that sell it at cost to anyone who wants it.

Geki-D

Banned
One, though I've got a few alerts so I'll grab a second if I can just because I don't fully trust only having one preorder. It says it'll ship 19/11 but I don't doubt it impossible to get an e-mail a day before saying that they can't make it. Wouldn't mind another just to have my pick, then I'll cancel when the other looks like it'll ship.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Tried to preorder in many places, but here they force you to pay full price to secure one in the shop. But they guarantee you 100% getting it in 19-Nov. Good way to avoid bots and empty multi preorders:

IMG-20200921-WA0053.jpg

Got PS5 + Pulse 3D, my friend paid for me for now until 5 days when I get my salary, haha!

IMG-20200921-WA0048.jpg

1 OMR = $2.6 USD

MH3M3D

This made me laugh. Have you done this before with success?

Nope, but its still a 0-risk investment. Either you sell it higher online or return it to the store unopened and get your money back.
I need some extra cash to buy like 4 games at once and those new PS5 prices aint cheap.

Kupfer

So, two of my three pre-orders have already been cancelled because the dealers don't get enough consoles. This is exciting.

nowhat

I'm not judging either - but to those that replied 5 (or over), I expect to see a "I have five PS5s" video on launch day, otherwise you have failed.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
3 but one is backup, the other is for my brother who wasnt able to get a preorder.

i might sell the backup on ebay if they are going for a $1000, but i hate selling stuff on ebay with ebay and paypal taking separate cuts, the shipping costs and the time spent going to the post office. eh, i will likely just end up returning it or selling it to my friends or cousins at cost.

Kupfer

There was a second wave here this morning and I was able to preorder another diskversion.
So, from 3 preorders in the first wave to 1 preorder after cancellations to 2 preorders today. This is fun somehow.

Last edited:

T-Cake

None. Even though I've been waiting 87 years, I feel like I'm not bothered now. Waiting too long and the enthusiasm has drained away as we get closer to launch.

KAL2006

Banned

One for me and one to sell. However if the selling price is way above retail price I may be tempted to sell both and just get one in January.

Top Bottom