• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"No clown shooters will happen on my watch" -Marcus Lehto about his new role in the Battlefield franchise

Kokoloko85

BF3's campaign didn't suck, it was just mediocre (yet still better than BF4's).

The only Battlefields with great campaigns have been the Bad Company ones and Battlefield 1's. Bad Company's were the better ones because they were a lot less constrained by the setting.

And a Battlefield Heroes campaign would have been amazing. In fact, I'd take just having Battlefield Heroes back (minus the microtransactions).
I really didnt like BF3 campaign, it was kinda a borefest for me. Never tried BF1 or Bad company, maybe I should try them

recursive

So adding a santa uniform makes it clown? That does not make a whole lot of sense.

U can jump around like a fool in all shooters, thats pretty clownish.
Are you familiar with Battlefield and it's legacy? Playing as Santa? Dumb as fuck. These upcoming skins are ridiculous. Keep that shit in fortnite.

SLB1904

Banned
EA coming like:
do-you-feel-in-charge-funnybeing-com-20-most-hilarious-bane-50892401.png

Excess

This thread reminds me of a great video about COD: WaW by The Act Man and why it was one of the best FPS games, specifically referring to the dark tone and unabashed "war is hell" aesthetic that blurs any semblance of morality.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Are you familiar with Battlefield and it's legacy? Playing as Santa? Dumb as fuck. These upcoming skins are ridiculous. Keep that shit in fortnite.

Yeah I disagree. Battlefield MP is hardly realistic.
But its really down to personal preference. There is no right or wrong answer.

recursive

Yeah I disagree. Battlefield MP is hardly realistic.
But its really down to personal preference. There is no right or wrong answer.
Ok so let's hope that we can get some Santa suits for Kratos to wear in God of war. Or maybe a stripper suit for spider man since these games are not realistic either.

Really confused about the realism statement. Are you saying past battlefields had clown suits for skins?

You don't set a serious tone for a game and then come in after release with clown suits. It is clear what they are after and it is not battlefield fans.

Sosokrates

Ok so let's hope that we can get some Santa suits for Kratos to wear in God of war. Or maybe a stripper suit for spider man since these games are not realistic either.

Really confused about the realism statement. Are you saying past battlefields had clown suits for skins?

You don't set a serious tone for a game and then come in after release with clown suits. It is clear what they are after and it is not battlefield fans.

Well Spiderman already has some lretty wacky suits, theres one where a cat comes out of his bag.
Why is having a variety of costume in Battlefield MP a issue for you?

Battlefield MP is not realistic because the players are caperble of super human feats.

Just look at the tone for this game, its pure fantasy.

I dont know or care what other battlefield fans want, im a battlefield fan and im telling you what I think.

recursive

Well Spiderman already has some lretty wacky suits, theres one where a cat comes out of his bag.
Why is having a variety of costume in Battlefield MP a issue for you?

Battlefield MP is not realistic because the players are caperble of super human feats.

Just look at the tone for this game, its pure fantasy.

I dont know or care what other battlefield fans want, im a battlefield fan and im telling you what I think.

Because I don't want clown suits in my game? Just like i wouldn't want my dark souls character dressed in a clown suit.. it is immersion breaking for the setting. It is pretty fucking simple.

I am not going to get into a debate with you about other questionable design decisions made for this iteration. Suffice it to say clown suits is only 1 of many problems. Like I said, this game was not made for battlefield fans. Maybe battlefield fans from circa 2018.

Why do you want to dress like a clown? Or a lumberjack? Or a medieval knight? In Battlefield? Fuck me.

Sosokrates

Because I don't want clown suits in my game? Just like i wouldn't want my dark souls character dressed in a clown suit.. it is immersion breaking for the setting. It is pretty fucking simple.

I am not going to get into a debate with you about other questionable design decisions made for this iteration. Suffice it to say clown suits is only 1 of many problems. Like I said, this game was not made for battlefield fans. Maybe battlefield fans from circa 2018.

Why do you want to dress like a clown? Or a lumberjack? Or a medieval knight? In Battlefield? Fuck me.

You dont want santa suits in BF MP, great, I dont mind it, Its really odd you cant grasp the fact that not everyone shares your opinion.

Its also hilarious that you keep on moving the goalposts by talking about single player games which have a story. I agree that Kratos wearing a bikini would not make any sense in the context of the story, but we are not talking about other games we are talking about Battlefield MP.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Ah yes just a test... like the robotic arm for battlefield V trailer which never made it into the final game...

"It was just a test bro we weren't serious, see complaining about things won't make us change the game we weren't even going to put it in anyway"

They tottaly planned to sell this shit up until they saw the reaction and thought "well fuck"
I chose to believe the new leadership (Zampella, et all) nixed it when they took over. Either way that shit isnt happening if the devs are to be believed.

HTK

Banned
These guys are in no position to make any comments about anything, Battlefield hasn't been relevant for years now. I wish they would just stfu and actually produce a good game.

recursive

You dont want santa suits in BF MP, great, I dont mind it, Its really odd you cant grasp the fact that not everyone shares your opinion.

Its also hilarious that you keep on moving the goalposts by talking about single player games which have a story. I agree that Kratos wearing a bikini would not make any sense in the context of the story, but we are not talking about other games we are talking about Battlefield MP.
Wtf does single vs multiplayer have to do with proper immersion in a setting? It is irrelevant. Unbelievable.

No conversation to be had with you. Clearly your standards are so low anything goes (except maybe Kratos in a bikini although he wears a loin cloth). I just like some integrity in my games.

BTW, you are allowed to have your own opinion. It's just a really bad one, that's all.

Sosokrates

Wtf does single vs multiplayer have to do with proper immersion in a setting? It is irrelevant. Unbelievable.

No conversation to be had with you. Clearly your standards are so low anything goes (except maybe Kratos in a bikini although he wears a loin cloth). I just like some integrity in my games.

BTW, you are allowed to have your own opinion. It's just a really bad one, that's all.

Lol imagine thinking someone has a bad opinion just because its different to your own, not smart.

You go around telling people they have bad taste when they like food you dont like?

storys need to be consistent with there storytelling, there is no story in BF MP so what the models wear does not matter imo.

Tams

And not everyone shares your opinion, clearly.

I don't think it's not unreasonable to want somewhat realistic gameplay, but not full on fancy dress party. Both that, your preferences, and any other preferences are of equal value. So we're at a bit of an impasse.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
All BF single player portions have sucked. Which makes it odd that people are upset it's missing in 2042. It's like buying a pack of bb cards and getting pissed cuz they dont have stale gum in them anymore.

FeldMonster

I honestly thought that when Marcus Lehto was hired to run an FPS studio under EA that he would work on a new FPS IP, not be pulled into being an Apex/Battlefield support studio.

Obviously, I am naive. I will try to remain optimistic though. I didn't care for the FPS/RTS hybrid gameplay of Disintegration, but I will give Marcus the benefit of the doubt to deliver a solid FPS. I did enjoy the world/lore and especially the villain in Disintegration.

Last edited:

recursive

Lol imagine thinking someone has a bad opinion just because its different to your own, not smart.

You go around telling people they have bad taste when they like food you dont like?

storys need to be consistent with there storytelling, there is no story in BF MP so what the models wear does not matter imo.
You still didn't answer why you want to dress like a lumberjack in Battlefield.

No story?? As a self proclaimed battlefield fan I would have thought you would have been up to speed on the story in the game. I guess according to you the future wars will be fought be clowns and medieval knights?

Get real. You have been exposed. Imagine being a fortnite fan and thinking all other games need to be like fortnite. Pathetic. You probably have shit taste in food too.

ymoc

All BF single player portions have sucked. Which makes it odd that people are upset it's missing in 2042. It's like buying a pack of bb cards and getting pissed cuz they dont have stale gum in them anymore.
I kinda liked the campaigns, as brief as they might have been in most of the Battlefield entries. But the most logical answer go your conundrum is that 2042 was in development for 3 years as an exclusive multiplayer game, meaning the team could focus on one thing. What we got was even less multiplayer content than in any previous entry. At this point people find it absurd how something like that can happen and rightfully point out the lack of campaign. It's baffling don't you think?

Less maps (which are also some of the worst maps in the history of battlefield), less weapons, less vehicles, less modes. People feel ripped off.

ethomaz

Banned
Imagine a franchise that always wanted to be bigger than it is but suffers with identity crisis.

Add one the most technically buggy developer in the industry.

Well I can’t really take them serious until they delivery… let’s wait.

Last edited:

fersnake

we only need to wait 2 yrs for a good battlefield? and thats a big maybe. not gonna buy another bf or cod again.

carlosrox

Banned
See, I like Fortnite, and this stuff works in Fortnite (even if I don't like a lot of it), but keep this shit away from the military shooters.

It's tonally out of wack and if they insist on putting shit like that in at least allow the player to customize the skins they can see.

If there was a skin filter for games like COD and BF I'd put em on in a heartbeat so I don't have to see dumb as fuck clown skins in WZ when I'm playing as an awesome looking SAS or DEVGRU looking guy.

Give us the fucking option if you insist on including that shit. All the morons with purple guns and clown skins can see their idiotic shit and I can see my stuff that's actually cool. Everybody wins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom