• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nivalis - trailer

T-Cake

This looks really cool. Even after watching the trailer, I'm not entirely sure what is going on though.

Midn1ght

This looks really cool. Even after watching the trailer, I'm not entirely sure what is going on though.
Seems like a life sim of sort. From the Steam page:
Grow your business, manage restaurants and nightclubs, make friends and enemies, buy and decorate apartments, go fishing and maybe even find love in Nivalis, the city that stretches from the ocean to the clouds

In Nivalis, you choose how to spend your time in the city. In this unique slice-of-life sim with realistic weather simulation and night and day cycles, you can grow your business, meet strange and diverse characters, form friendships and experience the danger and wonder of this cyberpunk voxel city.

Features:

• Experience your simulated life in Nivalis, and choose how you spend your time each day.
  • Manage businesses like restaurants, ramen stands or night clubs.
  • Buy or grow your own ingredients.
  • Cook unique dishes and mix cocktails to attract the right customers.
  • Quit work for the day and go fishing instead!
  • Decorate your home or buy and customise a new one.
  • Discover the stories of the people you meet in the city, your friends, your customers, and maybe even find love.
This studio seems very talented, love the aesthetic.
I'm keeping Cloudpunk for when I have a SteamDeck and will definitely check this one too.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
As someone who enjoyed Cloud punk and its DLC this has me really excited, these guys know what their doing with the aesthetic.

In many ways it might just be what some people where looking for in Cyberpunk but couldent find.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What's up with the Minecraft-esque pixel environments combined with slightly more realistic humans? Am I seeing things?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Currently in development at ION LANDS, Nivalis is an open-world life-simulator set against the backdrop of a futuristic dystopia. The developer has previously worked on Cloudpunk, which was another excellent cyberpunk neo-noir thriller that fans of the sub-genre should totally check out.

Furthermore, the developer also worked on Phoning Home, and while may not be the most polished of experiences - the two projects cumulatively show the passion and skill the developer has for sci-fi and cyberpunk. To that end, Nivalis looks to be a natural step forward for the developer, as it seems to be taking all the learnings of its past projects and setting up a stage so large that it completely dwarfs the scope of anything that it's done before.

Top Bottom