• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh 2 sales top 2 million & Nioh series tops 5 million

YukiOnna

aSWlVkN.jpg

Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for Nioh 2 have surpassed two million units, and total shipments for the Nioh series have surpassed five million units, publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Team Ninja announced.

In a tweet, the official Nioh Twitter account teased, “Please look forward to the next new title from Team Ninja.”

j0hnnix

Well deserved! I'm still damn playing Nioh 2 on and off I love the 2nd more than the first. Nioh 2 is like stepping on barbed wire but getting pineapple chunks along the way.

CitizenZ

Banned
These threads are so obsolete when considering a game like Valheim has sold close to 8 million with ZERO marketing or anyone knowing wtf it was all about until release day and word of mouth. Reminder PUBG was also unknow and has sold by now 50+ million as was Minecraft, etc. etc. etc.

Good for Nioh fans and its a solid title but those who get hard ons or wet clits for a few million sales need to re-evaluate what is really hot.

GHG

Gold Member
These threads are so obsolete when considering a game like Valheim has sold close to 8 million with ZERO marketing or anyone knowing wtf it was all about until release day and word of mouth. Reminder PUBG was also unknow and has sold by now 50+ million as was Minecraft, etc. etc. etc.

Good for Nioh fans and its a solid title but those who get hard ons or wet clits for a few million sales need to re-evaluate what is really hot.

What a strange post.

Of course fans of Nioh will be happy to hear that the games have sold well. Not all Nioh fans will give a shit about valheim (which is also a completely different type of game) so what's your point?

Ezquimacore

Banned

what's obsolete is your hating ass hating for no reason.

Aion002

You need to re-evaluate your line of thought.

Just think a little bit and you will see how pointless and idiotic your post is.

Anyway, I am happy for Koei, Nioh 1 and 2 are amazing games, after the mistakes they made with Ninja Gaiden 3, they really made an incredible comeback on the PS4! I can't wait for the next Team Ninja game on the PS5!

Nioh 1 and 2 are definitely in my top 10 of action games!

Last edited:

Three

Is 8 million really hot though considering a game like GTA5 has sold 140 million. Why do you have a hard on/wet clit for Valheim maybe you need to revaluate.

I think 8M is great btw but it's wierd how you are just comparing games with no rhyme or reason. Team Ninja are happy with their sales and I'm happy for them.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
You need to re-evaluate your line of thought.

Just think a little bit and you will see how pointless and idiotic your post is.

Anyway, I am happy for Koei, Nioh 1 and 2 are amazing games, after the mistakes they made with Ninja Gaiden 3, they really made an incredible comeback on the PS4! I can't wait for the next Team Ninja game on the PS5!

Nioh 1 and 2 are definitely in my top 10 of action games!

6-8 Console releases and PC with over what, 600 million gamers? Congrats, I guess.

laynelane

Do you seriously choose your video games based on what's "really hot"? As a fan of action and games that include history, folklore, and mythical creatures/gods/demons, etc. - Nioh is exactly to my taste. Survival sandboxes are not so I don't care about Valheim. Good thing there's room in the industry for both and not everyone thinks like you.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Nioh 2 is such a satisfying game for replayablility:

New game is a souls game.
New game plus is a Musou game.
The following playthrough it becomes a diablo looter game.

I definitely got my money value back. Too bad it's gonna be a while before we see a new entry in the franchise.

zombrex

Glad 2 sold well. Worried it was going to bomb.
Was not as fan of some of the new gameplay systems but it's still a fantastic game and improvement on the first.

Top Bottom