• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh 2 |OT| Yippee-Ki-Yokai (or Die HARD)

Pejo

Guess I need to go back and learn whats what. Normal soldiers block me into oblivion so I must be missing something. Not all but some.
Just go into your weapons' skill trees and look for any of them that say that they do high Ki damage. I am working until later today so I can't look myself and the wiki makes you click each link to see what the skills do. Otherwise, just experiment. Don't forget that the soul core skills usually do pretty good Ki damage too, if you have the meter available to use them. I think blunt weapons do better at breaking Human enemy's ki than bladed weapons.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Just go into your weapons' skill trees and look for any of them that say that they do high Ki damage. I am working until later today so I can't look myself and the wiki makes you click each link to see what the skills do. Otherwise, just experiment. Don't forget that the soul core skills usually do pretty good Ki damage too, if you have the meter available to use them. I think blunt weapons do better at breaking Human enemy's ki than bladed weapons.

Ki =block got you.

I've got some points to spend on weapons but I think need 2 or more atm. Thanks for your replies Pejo.

Pejo

Ki =block got you.

I've got some points to spend on weapons but I think need 2 or more atm. Thanks for your replies Pejo.
Yea Ki = stagger for human enemies, which will break block and put them in a grapple-ready state etc. For yokai, Ki = putting them in exhaust so that any hit will stagger them. It's kinda the same, but kinda different.

There are also moves that just straight up take humans out of a blocking stance and do little to no actual damage. I never really used them that much.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yea Ki = stagger for human enemies, which will break block and put them in a grapple-ready state etc. For yokai, Ki = putting them in exhaust so that any hit will stagger them. It's kinda the same, but kinda different.

There are also moves that just straight up take humans out of a blocking stance and do little to no actual damage. I never really used them that much.
Bruce Lee GIF

I meant it in a good way friend

Last edited:

WoodyStare

Just finished the first game on PS5 and about to start the DLCs. Repetitive missions and areas aside, I had a lot of fun playing it. There’s quite a difficulty spike though once you beat the second to last boss. Other sub missions become available with dual boss encounters that kicked my ass. I did beat Tachibana Muneshige/Honda Tadakatsu, but Oda Nobunanga and Yuki Onna are giving me a lot of trouble. Might do some of the DLC and come back to it.

I’m looking forward to playing the sequel. I’ve heard it makes the first game feel like a beta test.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I used that item and redid the first mission.

Gave a me some room to practice. Beat the horse solo. And finished up the mission.

So much to get adjusted to. Finally learning to dodge and step back. Watching enemy attack patterns etc.

Yay

Poordevil

I finished Nioh 1 a couple of years ago. I played it for almost a year too, because it is so challenging, and more importantly, the more I played, the more I improved. That is a huge incentive to keep playing, especially when you are having fun!
Got Nioh 2 on PS plus. Been playing, but really having more trouble than with Nioh 1. I get my hat handed to me all the time! I did manage the 1st level, now I am in the second mission. The game gets harder faster than I can get better! Haha

Pejo

I finished Nioh 1 a couple of years ago. I played it for almost a year too, because it is so challenging, and more importantly, the more I played, the more I improved. That is a huge incentive to keep playing, especially when you are having fun!
Got Nioh 2 on PS plus. Been playing, but really having more trouble than with Nioh 1. I get my hat handed to me all the time! I did manage the 1st level, now I am in the second mission. The game gets harder faster than I can get better! Haha
2 throws a ton of new mechanics at you, right in the beginning. They're all useful so take your time and get a feel for each of them. The curve is very steep at first but once you start unlocking weapon skill tree stuff and get a handle on the new mechanics, it's a very smooth curve from that point onward, like the first one.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
2 throws a ton of new mechanics at you, right in the beginning. They're all useful so take your time and get a feel for each of them. The curve is very steep at first but once you start unlocking weapon skill tree stuff and get a handle on the new mechanics, it's a very smooth curve from that point onward, like the first one.

I feel guilty for haven't pushed and played more. Even though I've gotten more accustomed to it's mechanics. It's a unforgiving game when tired. And deep. Got into The Witcher 3 recently and GT7 as a stable it seemed all my gaming was to intense. Which I like. But some days I want to chill etc. Heard about a Nioh 2 PS5 upgrade?

Anyways.

Still thankful for your posts Pejo Pejo 💗👊🏼

Top Bottom