• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh 2 Final Expansion "The First Samurai" out today!

Source: PS Blog

Happy holidays yokai hunters! As promised, I’m excited to announce the harrowing conclusion to Nioh 2, The First Samurai*, the final DLC expansion of our story from Team Ninja, is available today.

To commemorate this occasion, I wanted to bring you some insight into the development of this third and concluding expansion which will bring our protagonist to the beginning of the Heian Period (794 – 1185), taking them further into the past than ever before in the saga.
As mentioned above, The First Samurai takes you to the beginning of the Heian Period, far back into the past of Japan’s ancient history. At this period in time, Japanese swords as we know them today did not even exist! Weapons with the general shape of straight swords with a slight curvature started to be produced at this point in history. With the story being brought this far back into the past, we contemplated on what equipment and yokai we would include. Only yokai from this period or earlier could be included, so we put a lot of time into evaluating which ones would be appropriate for this expansion. Or at the very least, include yokai that felt believable to be present during this time period.

Pejo

I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible for this game when it comes to PC in a few months, but glad that it got a full slate of DLC. Can't wait to finally dig in and play, I had a few hundred hours in the first one.

Aion002

8259b24f3af5de9c9da699f53530e830.gif

Can't wait to play it tonight!

Top Bottom