• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's October Partner Showcase is here Including Age of Calamity Demo

Yeah, that was a pretty good one. I was surprised by the UFO game, looks fun. Interesting how they specifically state this'll be the last one for this year. I guess that's fine.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Age of Calamity looks great. Looking forward to that title.

I'm really interested in Bravely Default II as well. I wish the game looked more like the art though...not a huge fan of the big head style.

Nice to see Part Time UFO has made the jump from mobile. It is a HAL title that they released ~2 years ago. I wish Nintendo would bring their mobile games to Switch like Dragalia Lost. Also wish they put a little bit more marketing behind smaller eShop titles like Good Job!, Stretchers, Box Boy etc.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Japanese Direct:

Additional Games shown:
Rune Factory 5
Rune Factory 4 Special (Free trial w/ NSO? Can't tell what the announcement is here)
Let's Go By A Train (online translated the Kanji-neat little transport/city tycoon game)
SMT III Nocturne HD
Shadowverse: Champions Battle
Momotaro Dentetsu
Derby Stallion
Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
Family Trainer (Bamco, looks like it uses something similar to the leg strap for Ring Fit)
Earth Defense Force: World Brothers

Last edited:

Nico_D

Downlaoded and played the first combat of the Hyrule Warriors demo. My god, that was so fun. Never having played Huryle Warriors before, i thought combat would be smashing light/strong attacks and that's about it but turns out it is much richer than that with plenty of hugely entertaining combos.

This game went from "not gonna buy" to "high chance of buying" for me. This is why you give out demos.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I didn't know there was a Nintendo Direct. No More Heroes 3 looks ace, the whole trilogy is on Switch now, I wish I had one. Cloud games are becoming more common... No More Heroes 1 & 2 were super janky and low end and low budget on release but they still look really cool today, 12-14 yrs later...

Last edited:

Banned
Yeah, that was a pretty good one. I was surprised by the UFO game, looks fun. Interesting how they specifically state this'll be the last one for this year. I guess that's fine.

Part-time UFO was released like 2 years ago on Android, I actually bought it on launch. it's a really fun little game and the style is cute as hell. (the costumes you can unlock especially)

a bit pricey tho on Switch... I think it was like 4,99€ on Android

Last edited:
Part-time UFO was released like 2 years ago on Android, I actually bought it on launch. it's a really fun little game and the style is cute as hell. (the costumes you can unlock especially)

a bit pricey tho on Switch... I think it was like 4,99€ on Android
I wasn't aware of that. I might have to consider the phone version then.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
free demo? neat. honestly never really considered the game but now that there is a demo will try for sure.

this is how you get sales, Nintendo.

Ulysses 31

After playing the demo , Hyrule is a day one buy for me. Had a blast with it. I can see the little guardian being popular with fans.

Appreciate Nintendo putting a demo out there, it was more the norm for games last generation and a welcome one but sadly this generation it’s more of a rarity.
Should check out the first Hyrule Warriors too. :lollipop_grinning:

Rat Rage

I can't believe Nintendo allowed Tecmo Koei to use the amazing Zelda Breath of the Wild arstyle and waste it on nothing short of a musou game.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Japanese Direct:

Additional Games shown:
Rune Factory 5
Rune Factory 4 Special (Free trial w/ NSO? Can't tell what the announcement is here)
Let's Go By A Train (online translated the Kanji-neat little transport/city tycoon game)
SMT III Nocturne HD
Shadowverse: Champions Battle
Momotaro Dentetsu
Derby Stallion
Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
Family Trainer (Bamco, looks like it uses something similar to the leg strap for Ring Fit)
Earth Defense Force 6
Rune Factory 5 looked like Pokemon at first, haha. It's cool though.

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
No worries Thicc Team World Brothers (JK), at least it shows you desire the 6th game too; wish the Switch was on Sandlot's mind.
lol Thicc Team World Brothers

I'm really going to disappoint you now-never played the series either. Just a passing familiarity but I do hope you get your sixth game soon. I'll have to check one out someday.

I did find where they had reveled the sixth game though-seems like it is a 2021 release!

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm British but the voice acting in BD2 is so annoying. Not quite on the level of the absolute dogshit main character voice in Xenoblade 2 but yeah.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I just LOOOVED NMHIII trailer, it has Trigger/Gainax level of over the top, especially when the Alien grabs missiles with his hands.

AlarmedInsignificantAdouri-max-1mb.gif

bender

What time is it?
Maybe it's because I'm British but the voice acting in BD2 is so annoying. Not quite on the level of the absolute dogshit main character voice in Xenoblade 2 but yeah.

Pip, pip. Chin up, guv'na. Don' be call'en me Nintendo romp, naff.

Excited for NMH! Hopefully they release a physical collection (both games on cart). Will see how the Hyrule Warriors demo is one day this week. Looks fun but I’ll probably wait on a price drop.

supernova8

Banned
Pip, pip. Chin up, guv'na. Don' be call'en me Nintendo romp, naff.

Like what eeeeeven the fuck was it. The annoying English northerner for the main character and the Welsh biatch for that cat woman. I say it all in vague terms because I bought the game, got irritated by it and traded it in for something else before becoming remotely invested in the story or characters.

I remember they finally provided Japanese VA files but I was long gone by then.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Like what eeeeeven the fuck was it. The annoying English northerner for the main character and the Welsh biatch for that cat woman. I say it all in vague terms because I bought the game, got irritated by it and traded it in for something else before becoming remotely invested in the story or characters.

I remember they finally provided Japanese VA files but I was long gone by then.

Anyone who didn't play XB2 in Japanese was doing it all wrong. 10,000 fuckin times better in Japanese. English voices did not fit fucking at all. Not even the same world of emotion in English dub.

supernova8

Banned
Anyone who didn't play XB2 in Japanese was doing it all wrong. 10,000 fuckin times better in Japanese. English voices did not fit fucking at all. Not even the same world of emotion in English dub.

Yeah 100% agree. Although having played it, I have to say the combat was a bag of hot cat piss, so I might have ended up dropping it regardless. Question is, who the hell decided it was a good idea to go with those voice actors?

There's annoying British voice actors (a la Final Fantasy 16 where it's just about passable/believable in a fantasy medieval setting) and then there's XB2 with a Welsh cat cosplayer and a main character who sounds like he's the sun of miner.

Lethal01

The bravely default character art style is absolutely hideous.
The environments are bland.
The hand drawn are for the towns is good at least.

It's really unfortunate what's happened to the series.

lol Thicc Team World Brothers

I'm really going to disappoint you now-never played the series either. Just a passing familiarity but I do hope you get your sixth game soon. I'll have to check one out someday.

I did find where they had reveled the sixth game though-seems like it is a 2021 release!
Don't worry it's cool!

When you do get round to checking the series out, I'd recommend playing it with some company, it's a literal blast.

Top Bottom