• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's October Partner Showcase is here Including Age of Calamity Demo

Zannegan

Framerate in Warriors is disastrous
The moment they announced it I said, "I'll get that when they release a Switch Pro." Warriors games are always too ambitious for their hardware, especially in multi, which is really the only way to play, IMO.

Japanese Direct:

Additional Games shown:
Rune Factory 5
Rune Factory 4 Special (Free trial w/ NSO? Can't tell what the announcement is here)
Let's Go By A Train (online translated the Kanji-neat little transport/city tycoon game)
SMT III Nocturne HD
Shadowverse: Champions Battle
Momotaro Dentetsu
Derby Stallion
Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
Family Trainer (Bamco, looks like it uses something similar to the leg strap for Ring Fit)
Earth Defense Force: World Brothers
I never played a Rune Factory game but they always looked really interesting.

Age of Calamity looks and runs like complete dog shit in handheld mode. I'm actually shocked at how bad it looks and runs.

The game had multiple times where the framerate dropped to the teens. It also doesn't help that it looks significantly worse than BoTW, it's blurrier resolution wise and the textures also appear to be of a lesser quality. I'm guessing it's probably in the 540p or less range, the foliage and LOD popup is ridiculously distracting. The shitty image quality wouldn't bother me if it ran well.

I do have to say the gameplay seems very solid and an upgrade to the first game, but if this is how it performs there's no fuckin way I buy this game.

EDIT: Found a video that analyzes the framerate. Also has this bit about the resolution in the description
"Docked mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 1440x810 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 1013x570. Pixel counts at 1440x810 are common in docked mode. Docked mode renders the UI at 1920x1080. Portable mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 960x540 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 676x380. Pixel counts at 960x540 are common in portable mode. Portable mode renders the UI at 1280x720. "

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Tested Age of Calamity 2 days ago. I'm really interested with the story but can't get into the musou gameplay.

Top Bottom