• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to remaster most Super Mario games for Nintendo Switch

Kazza

Super Mario 3D World looks great, it must be especially good to play with your kids (4 player). How does the 3DS version compare?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It’s a fantastic game, I rather fell in love with it. Can’t wait for a Switch port - the emulator isn’t bad but I’d rather have it on the Switch.

Got a little further into Odyssey today, I’m now at the woodland kingdom and tbh I’m having a lot of fun. I’d say that the Switch is proving to be a really good purchase - I’m glad I got one.
I think in recent years, Nintendo truly dialed in their 3D Mario formula.

3D World and Odyssey are my two favorite 3D Mario games.

Super Mario 3D World looks great, it must be especially good to play with your kids (4 player). How does the 3DS version compare?

I found the fps to be too low to enjoy the game. If it would be released on Switch I'mma go play it.

Very edgy. Personally I’m enjoying Osyssey, it’s a slow burner no doubt but it’s fun, and super Mario bros u deluxe mega hyper horsefucker is a damn good time too.

So edgy to call edgy.

I genuinely thought Odyssey was a really boring game. I haven't enjoyed a new Mario entry since Galaxy 2. They've been boring. Maybe I've outgrown that sort of child friendly game though I don't think that's the case. I would gladly play Galaxy 1 & 2 again. I will say the cat suit from 3D World is good shit though.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
https://twitter.com/supermario35th discovered, when you attempt to reset the password, the registered address would fit the Nintendo domain.

VruWwmP.png

Obviously this could still easily be faked, so don't take it too seriously.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
What are the chances of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars being remastered?

Slim to none? That game had so many secrets in it. Something tells me it would be tough to remaster
Probably little chance. Square developed it. But who knows maybe something could be worked out. It was a good game and a fresh coat of paint could bring in big bucks.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I never played Galaxy 2 so I really need these remasters to be real. :messenger_sad_relieved:
I thought it was too easy. But I didn’t get many of the stars after I had beat the game...maybe I missed the real opportunity?

On a technical level, that game was really impressive. But I think it was still kind of easy

Galaxy 1 > Galaxy 2
imo

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I never played SMG2, so would be great to jump into it!

A lot of people who missed out on Sunshine will have the opportunity to play a real gem!

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I never played SMG2, so would be great to jump into it!

A lot of people who missed out on Sunshine will have the opportunity to play a real gem!
Super Mario Sunshine is in a category of its own. Incredible game. I really respect the challenge it presents

I love games where you earn your progress through skill, timing, wit, thought, patience, execution, and searching far and wide for secrets. I think Super Mario 64 is the undisputed classic and probably the GOAT platformer, but Super Mario Sunshine is one of the most enjoyable Mario games of all time

Perfect vacation scenery. Just to see the levels again it would be worth full price on the Switch even just as a port. But I know once I get to collecting a few, it’s all in, going for every single shine sprite

I was literally one blue coin away from 100% completion and my Gamecube’s memory card ‘corrupted’ and all was lost lol. I spent one entire night, with my Prima guide, trying to find that fucking thing too! I was so close, but I had zero idea where I could have left it. What a haunting memory lmao

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Super Mario Sunshine is in a category of its own. Incredible game. I really respect the challenge it presents

I love games where you earn your progress through skill, timing, wit, thought, patience, execution, and searching far and wide for secrets. I think Super Mario 64 is the undisputed classic and probably the GOAT platformer, but Super Mario Sunshine is one of the most enjoyable Mario games of all time

Perfect vacation scenery. Just to see the levels again it would be worth full price on the Switch even just as a port. But I know once I get to collecting a few, it’s all in, going for every single shine sprite

I was literally one blue coin away from 100% completion and my Gamecube’s memory card ‘corrupted’ and all was lost lol. I spent one entire night, with my Prima guide, trying to find that fucking thing too! I was so close, but I had zero idea where I could have left it. What a haunting memory lmao

Nowadays, people just look it up on YouTube :(

diffusionx

Gold Member
What are the chances of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars being remastered?

Slim to none? That game had so many secrets in it. Something tells me it would be tough to remaster

Well it’s impossible because you can’t remaster a 2D sprite game, it has to be redone from scratch. I would say the chances of them doing that are absolutely zero.

Nico_D

I love Sunshine and feel it is severely underrated. Sure, the camera can be terrible at times and that pachinko... But then there's a whole lot of good and great stuff like FLUDD and abstract levels and the sandbird...

I have played it through twice and would definitely go for a 3rd if it gets a remaster/remake.

Also, I prefer SMG1 over 2.

Vawn

Banned
Well it’s impossible because you can’t remaster a 2D sprite game, it has to be redone from scratch. I would say the chances of them doing that are absolutely zero.

And if they remade it Miyamoto would force them to take out everything that makes it an RPG.

I'm waiting to replay sunshine since forever, I won't believe it until I'll see it with my eyes

Hope this will be a new chance to Make sunshine popular again - well, more popular than before, tbh - and to have a sequel, best Mario 3d platform ever and it deserves way more love

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
They only closed one. And that was because you could actually play the games on their site (Emu Paradise took his own site down through fear).

There are LOADS of rom sites available now (Trust me :messenger_winking:).

The bay still serves up everything you'll ever need - just need a VPN to get to it from the UK (no idea how the rest of the world is - note that even with a VPN though you need to choose a non-UK node, I use Switzerland). As for me, I'm really hoping we get 3D worlds, it's absolutely gorgeous, and wouldn't mind a Switch port for galaxies, 64, etc so I can have them a bit more conveniently available than on my laptop.

Esppiral

Shoddy ports and emulation, specially the Super Mario 64 one, having the source code is inadmissible that they release that piece of junk I was expecting a full remaster, or at least one competent port, it doesn't even have 16:9 support.

Jut look what the community has done with SM64 and what a multimillion corporate hasn't been able to do..

Anyway super excited for Super Mario Sunshine I will just wait for the inevitable 60fps hack since Nintendo didn't even bothered....

cireza

Banned
Super Mario 3D port not until 12-2021? WTF??? how long have they had to port his now?
As always, might as well get a Wii U and all these Switch ports for a fraction of the price. Mario 3D World must be around 15$ on Wii U... Same applies to all Wii U ports.

JCK75

As always, might as well get a Wii U and all these Switch ports for a fraction of the price. Mario 3D World must be around 15$ on Wii U... Same applies to all Wii U ports.

I still have my Wii and WiiU, the only two games I want on switch so I can retire it are Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D world... it's insane that it's taken this long to get it..

Top Bottom