• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

36 million games and 3.4 million consoles sold in the UK in 2021 | UK Annual Report

Vognerful

So many salty people here that they are missing the point.

It is not about that Nintendo beating pS5 in sales (god forbid my favorite plastic is losing !), it is how is the Nintendo switch still making all these numbers after many years

Mr Moose

really? Switch has been around for years at this point, who doesn’t have one by now and still sold more….
You can't get the PS5 or Series X easily, you can with a Switch, if there was a lot more stock of the other two do you think Switch would've held them off?
PS4 didn't sell (ship) its highest until the 4th FY (I don't have UK sales), popular things sell lots and the Switch is very popular.
82444_1_ps4-sales-crash-as-sony-doubles-down-on-ps5-production.png

I don't have a Switch, almost dipped but stopped myself last minute about a year ago.

the people complaining or the people posting it?

the people complaining seem to generally overestimate how much stock the other people's investment into sales numbers.
The people complaining.
Posting about these things, i don't see an issue. It's a forum, it's for stuff like this as well.

Vognerful

You can't get the PS5 or Series X easily, you can with a Switch, if there was a lot more stock of the other two do you think Switch would've held them off?
PS4 didn't sell (ship) its highest until the 4th FY (I don't have UK sales), popular things sell lots and the Switch is very popular.
82444_1_ps4-sales-crash-as-sony-doubles-down-on-ps5-production.png

I don't have a Switch, almost dipped but stopped myself last minute about a year ago.
PS5 is also more expensive than what was PS4 back then. The 4th year I believe introduced a price cut to the PS4, do you see something similar that would bring its price down or closer to the 300~400 USD?

Robb

Gold Member
Switch just keeps going it seems. Wonder if it’ll overtake the Wii by the next financial report from Nintendo (whenever that is).

Top Bottom