• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Pro Listed on French Retailer Website, 399€

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

E23jhDZXIAAggIi

E23jjcsWEAIvOUG

👀

Zannegan

Time to go to war with some fucking scalpers i guess
And lose bravely (in my case).

I wish they'd set aside some to order directly through the online subscription service, one per account. Wouldn't stop scalpers, but it might slow them down.

Not Nintendo's problem I guess.

Banjo64

cumsessed
That's almost as much as a PS5 Digital Edition in the UK :messenger_grinning_squinting:
It’ll be the same cost, either £359.99 or £349.99. Absolutely insane pricing and far too high, I’m sure it’ll sell but to me this is absolute madness. You could get both a Series S and a Switch Lite for £70 more. I’d only be interested in this if it’s Nintendo’s next generation console.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I'm willing to pay that for a Switch with DLSS.

Your putting too much faith in an old nvidia chip. It is going to be using DLSS for sure because there's no way natively they could achieve any local rendered 4k even if it was scaled.

I'm more bummed that the screen is 720p even though its a OLED. Kind of sad that screen spec wise it's getting what Vita had back in 2013.

Mister Wolf

Your putting too much faith in an old nvidia chip. It is going to be using DLSS for sure because there's no way natively they could achieve any local rendered 4k even if it was scaled.

I'm more bummed that the screen is 720p even though its a OLED. Kind of sad that screen spec wise it's getting what Vita had back in 2013.

People keep talking about 4K. I would take 1440p - 1800p image quality.

Elios83

At that price they are basically targeting their core fans who bought the console in 2017, expecting them to buy it again.
But the Switch success is due mainly to the console becoming a hit among the mainstream audience particularly thanks to the covid boost since last year.
At that price those people will continue to buy the old model so I expect the Switch Pro to complement sales in the same way the PS4 Pro did for the PS4 ecosystem.

ZywyPL

Banned
So it's official. Wonder what specs/features will it have that will separate it from base/Lite models.

Stitch

Gold Member
Do we really expect them to to call this thing Pro? I wouldn't be surprised if they call it Switch XL or New Switch :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

scydrex

$399 for a Switch Pro? Or i prefer now the Super Switch. The same as a PS5 DE? If it´s better or equal to the PS4 with a better CPU then ok fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom