• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |OT| Switch It Up

Celcius

°Temp. member
Successor needs an SSD solution. Not arsed about the graphics. It needs lightning load times like the PS5/Series consoles, or something at least bridging the gap in half.
Yeah I keep thinking to myself a switch 2 with an m.2 ssd would be awesome and probably a bigger upgrade than the graphics imho

Last edited:
Switch owners, any tips to take care of the Switch Lite?

I was told it's preferable to turn off rather than put it to sleep mode, and that the battery should be kept between 30% and 90%. What else should I keep in mind?

I bought a glass screen protector but found it broken and had to return it... I ended up using the plastic screen protector that came for free with my carrying case. I wipe it with a small dry cloth every couple of days.

Mr Hyde

The OLED model is such a great upgrade, especially with the battery life. Played Ori for about 3 hours, which is a very taxing game, and I was only down to 58 procent. My older OG model I could barely squeeze out 2 1/2 hour before it went dark. The screen is incredible too, everything looks so good on it. It feels sturdier and table top mode is now a thing, thanks to the improved kickstand. I can't stop gushing over it, U just love this thing. It's the best handheld ever made. It's the complete package.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Stolen from reddit:
f1rgqkqw51h81.png

Celcius

°Temp. member
fyi there’s a demo out now for Kirby and the Forgotten Land. At first it wasn’t even on my radar but the demo was really fun and I plan to get it day one!

Y0ssarian

Banned
Hello there
I recently got a Switch with the following games:
- Astral Chain
- Bayonetta 2
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
- No More Heroes 1 & 2

What are some good hack and slash or 3D beat em ups for Switch I don't have? Thank you

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hello there
- Astral Chain
- Bayonetta 2
- No More Heroes 1 & 2

What are some good hack and slash or 3D beat em ups for Switch I don't have? Thank you
Have you considered Persona 5 Strikers?

Celcius

°Temp. member
What color joy-cons do you guys use? I’ve got the white ones that came with my oled switch but I’ve been thinking about switching to blue.

Y0ssarian

Banned
What color joy-cons do you guys use? I’ve got the white ones that came with my oled switch but I’ve been thinking about switching to blue.
I got the red/blue pair that came with the switch. I use a pro controller though

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Does the nintendo e-shop support preloading for preordered games? (Aka Kirby on switch later this month)

Shaqazooloo

Hello there
- Astral Chain
- Bayonetta 2
- No More Heroes 1 & 2

If you like Hyrule Warriors and the No More Heroes games then I would suggest getting Age of Calamity and No More Heroes 3 at some point since both are very big improvements over the previous games.

Y0ssarian

Banned
If you like Hyrule Warriors and the No More Heroes games then I would suggest getting Age of Calamity and No More Heroes 3 at some point since both are very big improvements over the previous games.
I got No More Heroes III & Travis Strikes Again :)

Not too sure about Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. I dont really like the art style of that game, but I might give it a chance

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just picked up Hades and Hat in Time complete edition in the sales.

Played Hades on Xbox, but I think it’ll be a stunner on the Oled and it lends itself to quick bursts on the Switch.

Platted Hat in Time on PS4 but not played the DLC yet and wanted to play it on my Switch.

Just waiting for a sale on Tony Hawk, Demon Turf before Portal, Klonoa and Splatoon come out.

Celcius

°Temp. member
It’s weird that if you install an sd card, it doesn’t let you choose the default download location (like ps5 for example). It makes the sd card the default location so you have to either copy it over to internal storage after it finishes downloading, or otherwise remove the sd card before starting the download. Nintendo, why?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
It's great dood. Didn't realise MUA3 was tecmo/team ninja. Good recc
Its not the best combat as limited moveset . But it’s a decent game. If you want a marvel game with a lot of the marvel cast then this is for you. It’s like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Last edited:

TexMex

How does everyone power down their Switch? I have a regular and a Lite. I stopped playing last night and my battery was at 81%, and I just turned it on one day later from being in sleep mode, and its at 27%? Anything that can be such a huge battery drain I may be overlooking? I don’t play Switch much so this unit has very little use at all. Less than 2 years old.

Shaqazooloo

How does everyone power down their Switch? I have a regular and a Lite. I stopped playing last night and my battery was at 81%, and I just turned it on one day later from being in sleep mode, and its at 27%? Anything that can be such a huge battery drain I may be overlooking? I don’t play Switch much so this unit has very little use at all. Less than 2 years old.
That's weird, Even my launch Switch lasts for a few days in sleep mode before going into the red.

GeekyDad

So, the Family Membership, that only applies to one system, correct? I already had a membership under my name on the original Switch we had for the kids (which they took with them when they went on to college), so when I tried to go online using that name with the new Switch. it ended up charging me for a new membership. All right...so, though I was bothered by that, I said, fuck it, at least my wife and I can get online, yada, yada, yada. But, she started Animal Crossing under her profile, and of course, she CAN'T get online. What, the absolute, fuck!? They want the Family Membership for two different profiles on the same system, it seems. That sure seems like some A+ shittiness on Big N's part.

Andyliini

I'm part of a family group, and we all have our personal Switces and it works just fine. The family group is tied to your Nintendo account, so you need to login on the same account all the time. And one account alone does not allow all the other local accounts to go online, they need to be be added to the existing family group on Nintendo Account page. Check your family plan there, that should help.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Its not the best combat as limited moveset . But it’s a decent game. If you want a marvel game with a lot of the marvel cast then this is for you. It’s like a Saturday morning cartoon.
I'm going to see if you can play as Venom. I like Team Ninja.

I power it off completely. No sleep mode.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So, the Family Membership, that only applies to one system, correct? I already had a membership under my name on the original Switch we had for the kids (which they took with them when they went on to college), so when I tried to go online using that name with the new Switch. it ended up charging me for a new membership. All right...so, though I was bothered by that, I said, fuck it, at least my wife and I can get online, yada, yada, yada. But, she started Animal Crossing under her profile, and of course, she CAN'T get online. What, the absolute, fuck!? They want the Family Membership for two different profiles on the same system, it seems. That sure seems like some A+ shittiness on Big N's part.
Seriously? I thought it was at the account level, not system.

Melon Husk

Is there a third party grip or a pair of joycons that make the ergonomics and comfort of Switch match the Wii U gamepad?

The Binbok fat joycons or Skull & Co NeoGrip could possibly come close to that feel?

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
How are those new tracks for Mario Kart? Would you say the DLC is worth the buy?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Last year I had no plans to buy a Switch but then I found out about the OLED model and Metroid Dread like the week before they came out and managed to get them at launch. Fast forward to now and I’ve got 6 games for it with the latest being Kirby and I’ve really grown to like the system. Nintendo’s still got it!

Top Bottom