• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |OT| Switch It Up

Whoa! NOW THAT'S A LIST! Many thanks! I'm going to have to save that. Some of these titles I was not even aware were on Switch. Nearly went for Persona 5 Strikers but I need to be sold on that. Tell me about the gameplay and I'm not one of those who complains that "Persona has too much text." I'd prefer that between the action. Tell me more about it.

If you haven't played Persona 5 Royale, than wait for the Persona 5 Royale on Switch. It's coming next week. I Reccomand you play that game first before playing Persona 5 Strikers

By the way, today is the day. As mention my wife has had the Switch I bought for her since 2018. Seeing as I'm usually late to the party, I get mine today. Starting off with BoTW and Trials of Mana.

All those games I listed are my favorite on Switch especially the first 10 to 20 listed on there. Just wait for a sale.

But man Steamworld Dig 2 is one I really Reccomand

With Trials From Zero, I Reccomand to play the Trails game in order, since it's all connected

Start with the Trails In The Sky Trilogy

But that Trilogy is only on Steam

Than Trails From Zero

Than Trails From Azure when it comes out next year

And than Trails of Cold Steel 1, 2, 3, and 4

That's in story order

Cold Steel 1 and 2 aren't on Switch.
Cold Steel 3 and 4 are ok Switch

Steam has all 3 Trails In The Sky Games, Trails From Zero, and all 4 Trails of Cold Steel games. Trails From Azure is coming to Steam too. All the trails Games are coming to Steam. As for future releases Past the Cold Steel games, they are gonna to be released on Switch

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
All those games I listed are my favorite on Switch especially the first 10 to 20 listed on there. Just wait for a sale.

But man Steamworld Dig 2 is one I really Reccomand

With Trials From Zero, I Reccomand to play the Trails game in order, since it's all connected

Start with the Trails In The Sky Trilogy

But that Trilogy is only on Steam

Than Trails From Zero

Than Trails From Azure when it comes out next year

And than Trails of Cold Steel 1, 2, 3, and 4

That's in story order

Cold Steel 1 and 2 aren't on Switch.
Cold Steel 3 and 4 are ok Switch

Steam has all 3 Trails In The Sky Games, Trails From Zero, and all 4 Trails of Cold Steel games. Trails From Azure is coming to Steam too. All the trails Games are coming to Steam. As for future releases Past the Cold Steel games, they are gonna to be released on Switch
I'm relatively active with Steam to, so Azure shouldn't be an issue to pick up. So, we're all set up as of tonight and I'm already in Trials of Mana. Let's give it a go.

Would this be the right thread to jump into for tips or walkthrough? I do use walkthroughs with most JRPGs and am oldschool...I prefer to print them off rather than squint through a cellphone screen. Recommendation for a reliable, concisive walkthrough for Trials of Mana?

Btw, starting line-up has all the characters pictured below with Angela as the main in my case.
tbIhhGr.jpg

I'm relatively active with Steam to, so Azure shouldn't be an issue to pick up. So, we're all set up as of tonight and I'm already in Trials of Mana. Let's give it a go.

Would this be the right thread to jump into for tips or walkthrough? I do use walkthroughs with most JRPGs and am oldschool...I prefer to print them off rather than squint through a cellphone screen. Recommendation for a reliable, concisive walkthrough for Trials of Mana?

Btw, starting line-up has all the characters pictured below with Angela as the main in my case.
tbIhhGr.jpg

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Some updates:

Trials of Mana remake is amazing and just seems to get better (also looking forward to Harvestella on that JRPG note).

Picked up tempered glass screen protectors & BoTW carrying case

Also bought Luigi's Mansion 3 (last one I played was the first on GC and never played the 2nd on 3DS)

And...the latest order (which is for my wife's Switch) was for the Hori split pad controllers. NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt or anyone else. A question on the Hori pad controls. These are nearly out for delivery and I don't really do returns unless something is DOA (ordered them on Amazon). I wasn't aware they do not come with the attachment to go into handheld mode and that was actually sold with a separate Hori set. Does anyone make an attachment that can convert the Hori split controls to a handheld that can be purchased separately? Or...better just to pick up a standard control for handheld mode. I bought these as her joy cons have the drift issue.

LaNkkqV.jpg

Just go back into the switch, got a lite and an oled, but i am finding myself using the lite all the time due to the ergonomics, it feeeeeeels so much better at handheld play. i kinda feel bad for not using the oled as it cost quite a bit of money. My question is are there any grips/joycons that improve the oled ergonomics like the Hori Pad that Happosai Happosai meantioned above, i would be interested in hearing how it feels. I never really play docked, the only game i am going to play docked is Bayo 3. all other use is for handheld mode.

In terms of games i finished Catherine Full Body, if you like puzzle games then you guys should check it out.

I really enjoy the Switch, it has creative games in spades since dev costs are way lower so we have a bunch of AA games. The big focus on fidelity the rest of the industry is having stifles creativity so i honestly hope they just target 720p60fps for the Switch 2 the day it comes, and we can still enjoy smaler studios games!

Last edited:
Some updates:

Trials of Mana remake is amazing and just seems to get better (also looking forward to Harvestella on that JRPG note).

Picked up tempered glass screen protectors & BoTW carrying case

Also bought Luigi's Mansion 3 (last one I played was the first on GC and never played the 2nd on 3DS)

And...the latest order (which is for my wife's Switch) was for the Hori split pad controllers. NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt or anyone else. A question on the Hori pad controls. These are nearly out for delivery and I don't really do returns unless something is DOA (ordered them on Amazon). I wasn't aware they do not come with the attachment to go into handheld mode and that was actually sold with a separate Hori set. Does anyone make an attachment that can convert the Hori split controls to a handheld that can be purchased separately? Or...better just to pick up a standard control for handheld mode. I bought these as her joy cons have the drift issue.

LaNkkqV.jpg

I have these

Great joycons but they only work in handheld mode. You can't use those Joycons when playing the Switch in Docked mode

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Just go back into the switch, got a lite and an oled, but i am finding myself using the lite all the time due to the ergonomics, it feeeeeeels so much better at handheld play. i kinda feel bad for not using the oled as it cost quite a bit of money. My question is are there any grips/joycons that improve the oled ergonomics like the Hori Pad that Happosai Happosai meantioned above, i would be interested in hearing how it feels. I never really play docked, the only game i am going to play docked is Bayo 3. all other use is for handheld mode.

In terms of games i finished Catherine Full Body, if you like puzzle games then you guys should check it out.

I really enjoy the Switch, it has creative games in spades since dev costs are way lower so we have a bunch of AA games. The big focus on fidelity the rest of the industry is having stifles creativity so i honestly hope they just target 720p60fps for the Switch 2 the day it comes, and we can still enjoy smaler studios games!
Originally, I planned on asking for the Switch lite but settled on the original to be able to use different controls with TV mode (and to pair with my wife's). I don't own any OLED TVs, hence why I didn't buy the OLED Switch. Although, I think it's a great investment and you'll likely 'switch' back to your OLED once you get some time to sit down and play in TV mode.

I researched joycons for handheld mode and have had interest in Hori's products previously and liked how their joycons do sorta make it look (if not perform) as a Switch Pro. I can say this much if you're looking at the ones above. One thing to note is that they're far to large to fit into your handheld control attachment to play in TV mode but they make the handheld a beast. Great quality, they appear bulky but are relatively light weight, turbo (which isn't anything too big as that's been on 3rd-party controls since the 3rd gen ;) and not sure if they're ever run into joycon drift like the originals. A downside, if you like vibrate -- I'm pretty sure there's no vibrate with these.
I have these

Great joycons but they only work in handheld mode. You can't use those Joycons when playing the Switch in Docked mode
Yup, found that out but I think they're about the best control you could pick up if replacing the original joycons. I'll call it the SwitchDeck now lol just by how it looks.

Actually, what we're (my wife & I) are trying to decide on is which control is the best to play in docked mode. I know 'the best' is likely the Pro controller which Nintendo themselves made. However, not sure I need a Pro control but moreso -- looking for a good wireless/rechargeable control that won't bust after only a couple month of gameplay. So, if we rule out the Pro control -- what are some 3rd party controls you'd recommend for Switch in Docked mode.

By the way...I'm still looking forward to Harvestella.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/harvestella-switch/

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Checked out the Harvestella demo last night on Switch. Visually and gameplay-wise; I'd say we're in for a treat. The format is similar to many Square Enix JRPGs -- so, default controls are about what you'd expect from similar titles as well as the overall picturesque layout of landscapes. Characters are customizable on the start menu which was something I wasn't expecting. Anyway, I'll share some screenshots I took last night below. In the above post I posted more. Check out the trailer and hopefully we'll see more pre-ordering here as this Fall season has great titles.

rsKdXeS.jpg
tZAtSti.jpg
WcUACsP.jpg
vzzCUCt.jpg

Checked out the Harvestella demo last night on Switch. Visually and gameplay-wise; I'd say we're in for a treat. The format is similar to many Square Enix JRPGs -- so, default controls are about what you'd expect from similar titles as well as the overall picturesque layout of landscapes. Characters are customizable on the start menu which was something I wasn't expecting. Anyway, I'll share some screenshots I took last night below. In the above post I posted more. Check out the trailer and hopefully we'll see more pre-ordering here as this Fall season has great titles.

rsKdXeS.jpg
tZAtSti.jpg
WcUACsP.jpg
vzzCUCt.jpg

I'm addicted to Persona 5 Royal

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Two week old OLED dead.

Tried to load Metroid Dread off cart, put Switch to one side as it loaded off home screen noticed nothing had happened few mins later.

Black screen. Switch was off. Dead.

Power button did nothing. Was fully charged but left it about 6 hours, still dead. It has ceased to be.

Question - take it back to shop under warranty, get a new one. Can I just log into my Nintendo account on the new Switch or is my account locked to the busted Switch that I cannot access?

GeekyDad

Two week old OLED dead.

Tried to load Metroid Dread off cart, put Switch to one side as it loaded off home screen noticed nothing had happened few mins later.

Power button did nothing. Was fully charged but left it about 6 hours, still dead. It has ceased to be.

Question - take it back to shop under warranty, get a new one. Can I just log into my Nintendo account on the new Switch or is my account locked to the busted Switch that I cannot access?
I would take it back asap.

As far as your account (and please, someone correct if I'm wrong), I believe -- so long as you log in with your existing account -- you're good. However, any purchased games and saves, will be locked to the busted Switch. The downloaded games you might be able to recover by contacting Nintendo, I'm not sure. If not, the outlet you bought the Switch from might give you some compensation, such as a giftcard, if you can show proof of purchase for any of those materials.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Two week old OLED dead.

Back to where you purchased it unless you're uncertain whether or not they have a batch of defective units. Otherwise, I'd use the warranty and get the replacement direct. In my business, when warranty items are returned -- it gives our engineering a chance to evaluate, QC and improve small problems with our EVs. Not sure Nintendo does the same but I'd rather wait to get a solid Switch replacement than purchase it from the ones who sold me the defective.

Nitty_Grimes

It was bought from Argos in the UK but less than two weeks ago think the sales of goods act will be in my favour not that I expect them to be arsey about it. If it was six months old, I'd expect to have to send it to Nintendo.

Thanks for the advice.

Two week old OLED dead.

My original Switch did this a few times and my OLED once. Did you do the hard reset with the power button? You have to press and hold it down for like 30 seconds. That's solved it every time for me.

Nitty_Grimes

Thanks yeah I must have held the button for over a minute I guess. But tried several times to be honest.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Nitty_Grimes Nitty_Grimes are you still troubleshooting or have you decided to return your OLED Switch? I did read through this article and I imagine you've tried most of these tips to get it to power up again here

The last part of the article talking about prevention from blacked out Switch OLED screen may be helpful in turn when/if you do choose to get the replacement.

The first 3 days I had my Switch I came across different problems which I've read are just as common with the original Switch as they are with OLED. So, even unloading from the dock extremely linear, slowly and carefully...the corner of my screen showed a scratch. I bought a tempered glass protection and a light transparent cover for the overall console and a special micro fiber for buffing out minor scratches from the protector. It still manages to get small scratches less than a millimeter in length on the protective casing even though I remove the Switch from the dock like I was holding something incredibly fragile. I figure it's something I'll have to deal with. But it's highly advised to buy a good tempered glass screen protector for your next OLED Switch as I read that it got like a 4/10 on a scratch resistance test.

Switch is incredible but the scratching (if it's really from the dock considering I seldom ever touch the screen) is something else.

GermanZepp

Hello folks, I'm considering buying a switch oled for almost exclusively playing portable mode lazing in my bed. I know it has a screen panel a little bigger. My question is a little silly but, does the screen size is big enough to play and enjoy all the games? Does your sights get tired or something? Also, is worth buying one now o I just wait a year or two and just get the switch 2?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hello folks, I'm considering buying a switch oled for almost exclusively playing portable mode lazing in my bed. I know it has a screen panel a little bigger. My question is a little silly but, does the screen size is big enough to play and enjoy all the games? Does your sights get tired or something? Also, is worth buying one now o I just wait a year or two and just get the switch 2?
I’ve been playing my oled switch exclusively in handheld mode since I got it at launch and it’s been fantastic. Screen looks awesome, size is perfect, and now is the perfect time to jump in.

Nitty_Grimes

Nitty_Grimes Nitty_Grimes are you still troubleshooting or have you decided to return your OLED Switch? I did read through this article and I imagine you've tried most of these tips to get it to power up again here

The last part of the article talking about prevention from blacked out Switch OLED screen may be helpful in turn when/if you do choose to get the replacement.

The first 3 days I had my Switch I came across different problems which I've read are just as common with the original Switch as they are with OLED. So, even unloading from the dock extremely linear, slowly and carefully...the corner of my screen showed a scratch. I bought a tempered glass protection and a light transparent cover for the overall console and a special micro fiber for buffing out minor scratches from the protector. It still manages to get small scratches less than a millimeter in length on the protective casing even though I remove the Switch from the dock like I was holding something incredibly fragile. I figure it's something I'll have to deal with. But it's highly advised to buy a good tempered glass screen protector for your next OLED Switch as I read that it got like a 4/10 on a scratch resistance test.

Switch is incredible but the scratching (if it's really from the dock considering I seldom ever touch the screen) is something else.
Apologies only just saw this. I had it swapped for a new console yesterday.

GermanZepp

I’ve been playing my oled switch exclusively in handheld mode since I got it at launch and it’s been fantastic. Screen looks awesome, size is perfect, and now is the perfect time to jump in.
Thanks! The NES games that drop every now and then are accessible thru a subscription, but is a la psplus in the sense that if you miss that month you miss the game or it adds up?

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Started playing Fire Emblem: Warriors and really not a bad compliment to the previous. I thought the release was rushed but that doesn't really matter. I made a test profile first and grabbed some images of the start up. I kept this brief as to not go in too fsr and give away spoilers for anyone who hasn't played yet.

OOfA4ZJ.jpg

jz1tbkJ.jpg
Aqhn8ju.jpg

gltfTqo.jpg

K4TOaSu.jpg

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Started playing Fire Emblem: Warriors and really not a bad compliment to the previous. I thought the release was rushed but that doesn't really matter. I made a test profile first and grabbed some images of the start up. I kept this brief as to not go in too fsr and give away spoilers for anyone who hasn't played yet.

OOfA4ZJ.jpg

jz1tbkJ.jpg
Aqhn8ju.jpg

gltfTqo.jpg

K4TOaSu.jpg
I've always loved those games. Very arcadey. Never played any of the FE versions, but enjoyed the heck out of Samurai Warriors. FE seems like a good fit for it, though. Like the Monster Hunter series, though, definitely an acquired taste. Some see it as mindless and not worth their time, and some see as mindless and totally worth their time. :D

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I've always loved those games. Very arcadey. Never played any of the FE versions, but enjoyed the heck out of Samurai Warriors. FE seems like a good fit for it, though. Like the Monster Hunter series, though, definitely an acquired taste. Some see it as mindless and not worth their time, and some see as mindless and totally worth their time. :D
Monster Hunter I agree would be hard to start in now for some. I first played tag team MH on PSP ad hoc with my brother some 12-years ago.

Not going to say I enjoy every FE title but the thing I enjoy with them is they can be played out of sequence...if you're not nitpicky on minor continuity differences.

Andyliini

Thanks! The NES games that drop every now and then are accessible thru a subscription, but is a la psplus in the sense that if you miss that month you miss the game or it adds up?
No, you don't have to claim the games, they are all available on the app as long as you subscribe to NSO.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

The lighting and character models look great on my OLED. I wish it had a PC demo so I could compare it on my Steam Deck. See if the improved IQ of the PC version, running on Deck, is worth losing this OLED lighting.

Edit: after finishing the demo I am definitely going PC. This performance, the textures, load times, I can't deal with it

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
The lighting and character models look great on my OLED. I wish it had a PC demo so I could compare it on my Steam Deck. See if the improved IQ of the PC version, running on Deck, is worth losing this OLED lighting.

Edit: after finishing the demo I am definitely going PC. This performance, the textures, load times, I can't deal with it
I was asked by my wife (who bought my Switch as a gift last month for my birthday) if I wanted the OLED or standard OG Switch. I opted for the original for the reason that I don't own any OLED TVs, so I grew up with anything in handheld mode having less fps / definition resolution-wise and wanted the OG to match the one I bought for her back in 2018.

Now to your point, to play Harvestella on Steam Deck vs. OLED Switch. I'd try it for both in this sense...the demo for Harvestella is still downloadable. We know the overall output and upscale will be higher on Steam Deck; but...try that demo first and see how it fares OLED Switch.

Just saw your edit too. The one thing that stopped me from buying Steam Deck is because I love playing steam DLC on my desktop P.C. I run dual monitors and just have a much better experience. With upscaling, I don't really need it portably although I may change my mind sometime. My stubborness is because I grew up with Sega Game Gear & OG Gameboy (with that green LCD). I've caught in this nostalgia that it's still cutting-edge that we have 3D games on handhelds. First time I played DS & PSP in 2005/06...I couldn't believe the engineers made that possible for handheld. Back to Harvestella, true...load times, textures etc are not going to rival Steam Deck but I'm in it for the overall experience.

Either way, we can agree on this -- Harvestella is going to be a great Fall season game to heat things up. Just hoping it doesn't get overshadowed by any other release. I'm about halfway through Trials of Mana remake and I read that when it came out on Steam / PS+ back in 2019/20...people just forgot about it. I'd have to dig back historically to see what big release came out at that time but it was sorta pushed away.

GermanZepp

Hello fellas. i just ordered the Oled, with some luck it arrives tomorrow. Anyone has some noob advice? The extra proctection glass is a must? care tips.. that kind of stuff.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Hello fellas. i just ordered the Oled, with some luck it arrives tomorrow. Anyone has some noob advice? The extra proctection glass is a must? care tips.. that kind of stuff.
Still a noob myself but what I found out whether it's OLED or the OG Switch...buy the tempered glass protection. I believe that OLED was tested for scratch resistance and scored a 4/10. Mine was scratched on the side of the screen even after carefully unloading from the dock. So, it's a must as scratches that are deep enough will not buff out.

Best advice though is to have fun. Many of the latest releases look great with OLED. What games are you starting off with?

May also want to set up a Nintendo account and join in. Subscription is affordable and well worth it. If you're grabbing DLCs left and right (like I am); may also help to pick up a 64 Gig + microSD too.

GermanZepp

Still a noob myself but what I found out whether it's OLED or the OG Switch...buy the tempered glass protection. I believe that OLED was tested for scratch resistance and scored a 4/10. Mine was scratched on the side of the screen even after carefully unloading from the dock. So, it's a must as scratches that are deep enough will not buff out.

Best advice though is to have fun. Many of the latest releases look great with OLED. What games are you starting off with?

May also want to set up a Nintendo account and join in. Subscription is affordable and well worth it. If you're grabbing DLCs left and right (like I am); may also help to pick up a 64 Gig + microSD too.
Thanks! protection glass is a must then. The one im buying come with a 128gb card has a gift. I'm gonna start with the NES classics subscription. i never played mario 2 or 3 or any Metroid or Zelda game, so it's a lot to catch up. I want to try shovel Knight and Cuphead too.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Thanks! protection glass is a must then. The one im buying come with a 128gb card has a gift. I'm gonna start with the NES classics subscription. i never played mario 2 or 3 or any Metroid or Zelda game, so it's a lot to catch up. I want to try shovel Knight and Cuphead too.
You can download NES Classic prior to setting up the subscription. It won't be playable until you pay but just to get it on your home screen.

Cuphead is fun but it gets difficult. Maybe grab a pro control to play that in docked mode. I bought the actual NES classic emu from Nintendo back in 2016 as I likewise hadn't played some classic titles in full. Having them all on Switch is better though. You also have the SNES & N64 collections as well.

FYI make sure the protector is tempered. Glass protectors tend to last longer and plastic wears out fast. Also, great on planning ahead with the microSD. Cart games aren't too heavy on storage but DLCs will be. Many discounts on DLC too, sometimes that's a better option if you don't mind waiting a few for the download buffer (my internet it 120Mbps download) which usually takes a standard DLC no more than 10-minutes to install.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

I'd suggest a cloth cover for your dock. I never got a scratch on my v1 nor OLED thanks to mine. I got it from etsy. There are plenty of merchants selling them on that site - this is the one I got (the creator is currently on break or I'd share the shop link):

zlgz9uy.png

Deerock71

Almost me. I docked for about five minutes once with my OLED just to see how 13 Sentinels looked on the big screen (beautiful), but it never motivated me off the OLED.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Got it boys
QSEZCyI.jpg
You won't run out of titles to play. You asked about accessories too. I know some have purchased classic style controls. I'd recommend the Pro control for docked mode though or 3rd-party controls of the like. Looks like you have the Spanish menu...that looks familiar as I live in Mexico now. Not sure what the deal is with this but 2-years ago Mexico started selling Switch games in translated cases with an A,B,C...rating system. The first 3-years of Switch they used the rating system as a sticker and the games were the JP made / U.S. releases. Not sure why the change was made...or needed to be honest.

Separate topic, for Switch games -- what games are you into?

GermanZepp

Separate topic, for Switch games -- what games are you into?

On swtich? I'm planning to play indies and some exclusives (Mario kart 8, Metroid Dread, Breath of the Wild) if i catch good deals. I'm curious about other genres (Tactics Ogre and Triagle strategy) gonna see if those games comes with spanish subtitles, i want to chill so i don't want the extra work if those are text heavy games

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
On swtich? I'm planning to play indies and some exclusives (Mario kart 8, Metroid Dread, Breath of the Wild) if i catch good deals. I'm curious about other genres (Tactics Ogre and Triagle strategy) gonna see if those games comes with spanish subtitles, i want to chill so i don't want the extra work if those are text heavy games
Not sure about the indies or the SNES/NES games having subs but most were played in Latin American countries years ago without sub (long before I moved out of the U.S. anyway). However, most 1st-party and some 3rd-party games (physical or download) do have Spanish subs. You'd need to go to the game menu and select game language/game subtitles. Language is typically only going to give English or Japanese (if it's a JP title). Subtitles often have Spanish, French, German, JP etc. The Switch language being changed won't always default these when starting a game -- so a quick simple change in the game menu.

The three you listed though Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Metroid: Dread and BoTW all have Spanish subs in the menu that I'm aware of. Kinda cool if you think about it. You couldn't do this back in the day. With JRPGs I have a tendency to shut off the English dubs as certain games may not have a great English dub (especially Trials of Mana remake...).

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Is Splatoon 3 worth buying if you don't plan to play online?
I've played offline / online with 2. It's just as fun but it's one of the few games that feels better playing docked. Or that could just be me. Get yoursrlf that Splatoon 3 Pro control and you'll play docked.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Anyone planning to get Pokemon on Friday?
I really wish there was a demo. I've never played Pokemon but it looks like it could be fun so I'm really conflicted on whether to take the plunge or not. Plus it's not like it will ever go on sale most likely...

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I really wish there was a demo. I've never played Pokemon but it looks like it could be fun so I'm really conflicted on whether to take the plunge or not. Plus it's not like it will ever go on sale most likely...
I'm going to demo it first. I'd say if you're not sold on the modern gen Pokemon games or are new to it maybe start with Shining Pearl. If you're enjoying that -- I'd say the upcoming release may be worth it. I don't put money into a game unless I know it's something I won't be reselling shortly afterwards. Pokemon has changed a lot since Red and Blue on Gameboy. I feel somewhere around 2010 the games sorta crossed over into being a mix of what big fans would want if you blended both the TV shows and game together. Are you sure there's no demo?

I find it hard to recommend this game with all the technical issues. Hope they get fixed in future patches. If you're new to Pokémon maybe start with one of the older games, like HeartGold on DS or Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl (a remake of older DS games).

I want to buy Pokémon but almost reached the limit of money that I can pay in a year to foreign banks. So I purchased a Nintendo eShop card from a local store to buy the digital version but I still need to wait until the bank payment is confirmed next week. That was really frustrating for me today.

Top Bottom