• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Switch] List of Japanese Titles that Support Multiple Languages

Thores

It's worth noting that while Penguin Wars only has Japanese support, most of its menus are in both English and Japanese. The only stuff that's purely Japanese is the dialogue in Story Mode and descriptions of things that are easy enough to deduct from context. I'd say the game is pretty import friendly, and worth grabbing if you have fond memories of Penguin Wars / King of the Zoo on the Game Boy or NES.

Also City Connection's other Japanese-only game, Soldam, eventually got an update with English support, followed by a localized release on the US eShop. I have my fingers crossed that'll happen for Penguin Wars down the line as well.

Clov

Aw, Deemo is digital only? That's too bad. Also, I'm really surprised that Octopath Traveler is only in Japanese. I thought that one would have English for sure.

Sorry, couldn't update the OP as it would go over the 24,000 character limit. I will work on doing a spreadsheet with the games and then post it there. Might take a while.

I couldn't find it on the store, isn't the release date for FIFA is 29th ?

Yeah, there's no buy button. I just copied the information on the page so perhaps they listed them incorrectly?

Aw, Deemo is digital only? That's too bad. Also, I'm really surprised that Octopath Traveler is only in Japanese. I thought that one would have English for sure.

Not sure. Searched quickly on Amazon Japan but couldn't find anything. If you can provide a source saying otherwise, I will update.

seems a mistake on the website itself

Yeah, there's no buy button. I just copied the information on the page so perhaps they listed them incorrectly?

Probably you are right, it must be a mistake on website.
screenshot2017-09-23asasi8.png

New and Upcoming Games Added

Multiple Languages

ACA NeoGeo Burning Fight (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 77.0MB] Hamster 17-09-28

INVERSUS Deluxe (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Korean, Chinese) [Digital: 67.0MB] Hypersect 17-09-28

Koi (Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese) [Digital] Rainy Frog 17-10-05

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Korean, Chinese) [Digital: 356MB] Asteroid Base 17-10-05

Japanese Only

Asonde Shogi ga Kyoukunaru! Kane Hoshi Shogi DX (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Silver Star Japan 17-12-14

Order Land (Japanese) [Digital: 198MB] Poisoft 17-09-28

You've Got Mail (Japanese) [Digital: 83.0MB] Silver Star Japan 17-09-28

apparently fire emblem warriors jp ver. has build in Chinese text option. no idea if it's traditional or simplified (or maybe both?). weird it isn't reflected on store page.

Also City Connection's other Japanese-only game, Soldam, eventually got an update with English support, followed by a localized release on the US eShop. I have my fingers crossed that'll happen for Penguin Wars down the line as well.
The same publisher handling the retail release of Soldam in the US also basically confirmed they were doing to same for Penguin Wars. :)

New and Upcoming Games

ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug X (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 108MB] Hamster 17-10-05

Earth Atlantis (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean) [Digital] Headup Games 17-10-19

Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game (Japanese, English) [Digital + Physical] Warner 17-10-19

Monopoly for Nintendo Switch (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian) [Digital + Physical] Ubisoft 17-11-09

Overcooked (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 979MB] Team17 17-10-12

Lexxism

So, it seems you can't buy any JP eshop cards anymore at Amazon JP. How will you get a credit for Japanese account? I remember my credit card didn't work. How about Paypal? Anyone tried?

adz2ka

So with games on the JP store being around 5400 yen, equating to 36 quid this seems a no brainer considering their UK price equivalent is 50 quid!

nynt9

So, it seems you can't buy any JP eshop cards anymore at Amazon JP. How will you get a credit for Japanese account? I remember my credit card didn't work. How about Paypal? Anyone tried?

You need a Japanese billing address for your PayPal, which is difficult to do if you're not legit in Japan. You can try the credit card option, some credit cards seem to work.

Lexxism

You need a Japanese billing address for your PayPal, which is difficult to do if you're not legit in Japan. You can try the credit card option, some credit cards seem to work.
Ah, I guess my last option is buying JP eshop cards online like playasia if it is available. Or if I know someone who can buy me a card. Damn shame.

New and Upcoming Games

Multiple Languages

88 Heroes - 98 Heroes Edition (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese) [Digital: 407MB] Rising Star Games 17-10-12

ACA NeoGeo King of Fighters '95 (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 132MB] Hamster 17-10-12

Astro Duel: Deluxe (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian) [Digital: 318MB] Panic Button 17-10-19

Elliot Quest (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 162MB] PlayEveryWare 17-10-19

Revenant Saga (Japanese, English) [Digital: 194MB] Kemco 17-10-19

RiME (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian) [Digital] Grey Box 17-11-16

Japanese Only

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Koei Tecmo 17-11-09

Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Koei Tecmo 17-11-09

Slime-san (Japanese) [Digital: 763MB] Headup Games 17-10-12

Warriors Orochi 2: Ultimate (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Koei Tecmo 17-11-09

Yagami_Sama

Sorry for reviving this, but , by any chance someone bought the Japanese version of One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 and could inform if it is multi language ?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Sorry for reviving this, but , by any chance someone bought the Japanese version of One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 and could inform if it is multi language ?

I can check when I get home, but I thought it was listed as Japanese only on the store when I checked (hoping for the same thing)

Blam

Sorry for bumping but I'm not too sure how we'd be able to continue this list.

Not sure if the poster still comes here but this is very useful info to people who want to buy games on JP eshop but play in English.

Top Bottom