• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Switch] List of Japanese Titles that Support Multiple Languages

New and Upcoming Games added

Multiple Languages

ACA NeoGeo Fatal Fury Special (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 94.0MB] Hamster 17-07-13

ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital] Hamster 17-07-20

Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese) [Digital] Inti Creates 17-08-31

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital + Physical] Bandai Namco 17-09-07

Japanese

Bulb Boy (Japanese) [Digital] Bulbware 17-07-20

Champion Jockey Special (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Koei Tecmo 17-09-14

Dragon Quest X All in One Package (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Square Enix 17-09-21

Nights of Azure 2 (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Koei Tecmo 17-08-31

Winning Post 8 2017 (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Koei Tecmo 17-09-14

-----------

*APP* NicoNico (Japanese) [Digital: 32.0MB] Dwango 17-07-13

TankRizzo

Banned
I feel we'll have to remind people to not buy the japanese version of splatoon before launch. Lots of people are unaware and some have preordered already

I felt it was a safe bet, with it being a first party game with a simultaneous global launch. I wonder what the reasoning is? I'd understand if it was heavily voiced, and space was a concern etc.

I had just preordered it on amazon.jp and didn't search first. Blah. Good thing i was able to cancel.

Madao

i was actually considering getting the JP version of Splatoon 2 to have access to the JP-only Splatfests but it took so long to load matches in the demo splatfest that i'm not so sure it's a good idea anymore.
it must have been the servers since i got matches super fast in the demo from my region later.

I’m really disappointed I can’t buy Splatoon from Amazon Japan like I did for Mario Kart and Arms. Now I gotta wait until 11 central in the states.

Tsunamo

Could anyone confirm if non-multi language games are still a universal sku or one purchase across multiple regions?

I'd love to be able to get Splatoon 2 a littlebit early on the Japanese store for a bit cheaper, then delete it later and download the Australian version.

Could anyone confirm if non-multi language games are still a universal sku or one purchase across multiple regions?

I'd love to be able to get Splatoon 2 a littlebit early on the Japanese store for a bit cheaper, then delete it later and download the Australian version.

probably should just read some of the posts in this page (or previous page if you're using 50pp)

It doesn't work for D5 or Puyo. Tried it some time ago.

Damn, you're right. It doesn't work.

I have the U.S. version of Puyo Puyo so I tried to do the reverse. Deleted the game, set console and Nintendo account to Japan, re-downloaded from Japanese eShop. Loaded the game up and everything was still in English.

So that confirms it. Make sure y'all cancel your JP Splatoon 2 pre-orders if you don't want to play in Japanese.

New and Upcoming Games Added

ACA NeoGeo Super Sidekicks (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 80.0MB] Hamster 17-07-27

Graceful Explosion Machine (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) (Digital: 318MB) Vertex Pop 17-07-27

One Piece Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese) [Digital + Physical] Bandai Namco 17-08-24

Puzzle Adventure Blockle (Japanese, English, Chinese) [Digital] Intense 17-08-03

Tsunamo

One Piece Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese) [Digital + Physical] Bandai Namco 17-08-24

I'm going to import the Japanese physical version since we are only getting digital. Does anyone know if the NA version will have english VO?
Odd. It says the 24th on the eShop, perhaps it comesout earlier in Japan?

Should be noted that if this does have full English this means people can get it a month earlier rather than having to wait until September on Switch.
Wasn't it retail in Japan? I thought it was digital-only in NA (same as on Switch, mrgrgr)
Retail in both Japan and Europe. Not too sure how it'll be this time around for other regions.

coughlanio

Odd. It says the 24th on the eShop, perhaps it comesout earlier in Japan?

Should be noted that if this does have full English this means people can get it a month earlier rather than having to wait until September on Switch. Retail in both Japan and Europe. Not too sure how it'll be this time around for other regions.

It says the 24th there?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Make a Japanese account just to poke around their eShop but I decided not to keep it and deleted it.

Now how do I stop Japanese news from popping up in my feed?

Apologies for the late updates. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Multiple Languages

ACA NeoGeo King of Fighters 2000 (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 131MB] Hamster 17-08-10

ACA NeoGeo Sonic Wings 2 (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 80.0MB] Hamster 17-08-03

GUNBARICH for Nintendo Switch (Japanese, English) [Digital: 461MB] Zerodiv 17-08-03

Infinite MiniGolf (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian) [Digital: 1.1GB] Zen Studios 17-08-10

Namco Museum (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital + Physical: 876MB] Bandai Namco 17-07-28

Namco Museum: Pacman Vs. Edition (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 765MB] Bandai Namco 17-07-28

STRIKERS1945 for Nintendo Switch (Japanese, English) [Digital: 77.0MB] Zerodiv 17-08-03

Piczle Lines DX (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese) [Digital] Rainy Frog 17-08-24

Japanese Only

J.B. Harold Murder Club (Japanese) [Digital: 134MB] Mebius 17-08-10

Quest of Dungeons (Japanese) [Digital: 51.0MB] Flyhigh Works 17-08-10

So I made a Japanese account to try the MH demo....now my next question is, any Japanese games with English built in that are worth checking out?

coughlanio

FYI, Mario + Rabbids US is available for preorder on Amazon JP for launch date availability. Pretty neat considering it's a 2018 game for Japan.

Multiple Languages

ACA NeoGeo Blue's Journey (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 80.0MB] Hamster 17-09-07

Fast RMX (Japanese, English, French, German) [Digital: 841MB] Shin’en Multimedia 17-09-14

Kingdom: New Lands (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Chinese) [Digital: 380MB] Raw Fury 17-09-14

Physical Contact: 2048 (Japanese, English) [Digital: 180MB) Collavier 17-09-07

Japanese Only

Tobe yo!! Dragon! (Japanese) [Digital: 197MB] Silver Star Japan 17-09-07

ryushe

Hmm, do I get Xenoverse 2 now or do I wait to get it physically and cheaper later?

Any word on the Xenoverse 1 story campaign DLC for the US release?

ACA NeoGeo Spinmaster (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 84.0MB] Hamster 17-09-14

NBA 2K18 (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Chinese) [Digital: 6.8GB] Take-Two Interactive Japan 17-09-15

NBA 2K18 Legend Edition (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Chinese) [Digital: 6.8GB] Take-Two Interactive Japan 17-09-15

NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Chinese) [Digital: 6.8GB] Take-Two Interactive Japan 17-09-15

Note: the Japanese physical release of NBA 2K18 was delayed from 2017-09-19 to 2017-10-17. Hence, the game will be available as download only until then.

Multiple Languages

ACA NeoGeo Art of Fighting (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 88.0MB] Hamster 17-09-21

Arcade Archives Mario Brothers (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital] Hamster 17-09-27

Axiom Verge (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian) [Digital: 176MB] Thomas Happ Games 17-10-05

Biohazarad Revelations: Unveiled Edition (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese) [Digital + Physical] Capcom 17-11-30

Biohazarad Revelations 2 (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Chinese) [Digital + Physical] Capcom 17-11-30

Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story (Japanese, English) [Digital: 841MB] Inside System 17-09-28

Deemo (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Chinese) [Digital: 2.3GB] Flyhigh Works 17-09-21

FIFA 18 (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian) [Digital + Physical: 13.3GB] Electronic Arts 17-09-15

Forma.8 (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Chinese) [Digital] Rainy Frog 17-09-28

Lost Star (Japanese, English] [Digital] Rainy Frog 17-09-28

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Japanese, English) [Digital + Physical] Nintendo 18-01-18

PAN-PAN A Tiny Big Adventure (Japanese, English, Chinese) [Digital: 112MB] Flyhigh Works 17-09-14

Physical Contact: Picture Place (Japanese, English) [Digital] Collavier 17-09-28

Picross S (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 72.0MB] Jupiter 17-09-28

Japanese Only

Karaoke Joysound for Nintendo Switch (Japanese) Nintendo - Fall 2017

Lost Sphear (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Square Enix 17-10-12

Penguin Wars (Japanese) [Digital: 641MB] City Connection 17-09-21

Project Octopath Traveler (Japanese) Square Enix TBA

octopath being jp only strikes me weird considering they're planning worldwide release & the demo is Multilanguage. I wonder if it'll have jp-only sqex members link feature like in bravely series that cause it being different sku compared to other regions

Top Bottom