• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Switch] List of Japanese Titles that Support Multiple Languages

4 bew and upcoming titles have been added.

Multiple languages:

ACA NeoGeo Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital] Hamster 17-05-18

ACA NeoGeo Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 134MB] Hamster 17-05-11

Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical (Japanese, English, Chinese) [Digital: 276MB] Flyhigh Works 17-05-11

Japanese only:

Seiken Densestu (Mana) Collection (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Square Enix 17-06-01

New and upcoming titles have been added:

ACA NeoGeo Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital] Hamster Corporation 17-05-18

ACA NeoGeo Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian) [Digital: 134MB] Hamster Corporation 17-05-11

Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical (Japanese, English, Korean) [Digital: 276MB] Flyhigh Works 17-05-11

Seiken Densestu (Mana) Collection (Japanese) [Digital + Physical] Square-Enix 17-06-01

Mana collection supports english or just jp?

Vinnk

Think there is any chance that the recently announced One Piece game will have multiple language tracks? Since it is a remake most (all?) of the audio is already recorded. But I guess licensing might prevent it.

dopan

Neo Member
Just noticed that an upcoming game has been added that doesn't actually support Japanese.

TumbleSeed (English) [Digital: 506MB] 17-05-02

This game is available on the Japanese eshop though (saw it there the other day). Does that mean it's being sold in Japan as an English only title? Seems weird. I want to buy it in English, but only have enough credit in my jp eshop account at the moment, so I wasn't sure if I should pull the trigger on it or not.

Think there is any chance that the recently announced One Piece game will have multiple language tracks? Since it is a remake most (all?) of the audio is already recorded. But I guess licensing might prevent it.

We won't know until the game gets listed on the store.

This game is available on the Japanese eshop though (saw it there the other day). Does that mean it's being sold in Japan as an English only title? Seems weird. I want to buy it in English, but only have enough credit in my jp eshop account at the moment, so I wasn't sure if I should pull the trigger on it or not.

Yeah, seems a bit weird. I guess Nintendo is allowing games on the Japanese store even if they don't support the Japanese language.

---------------------------------------------------------------

New and upcoming games added.

Multiple Languages

Thumper (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian) [Digital: 697MB] Drool LLC 17-05-18

Battle Sports Mekuru (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese) [Digital: 173MB] OVER FENCE 17-05-18

Japanese Only

Little Inferno (Japanese) [Digital] Flyhigh Works 17-06-01

World of Goo (Japanese) [Digital] Flyhigh Works 17-05-25

Human Resource Machine (Japanese) [Digital] Flyhigh Works 17-06-08

Not a complete game per se but worth mentioning

ARMS Global Testpunch (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian) (Digital: 1.4GB) Nintendo 17-05-27, 05-28, 06-03, 06-04: 09:00 ~ 09:59, 21:00 ~ 21:59, 27:00 ~ 27:59 JST

AngryKirby

Neo Member
Splatoon 2 doesn't support English? Ugh :/ Was hoping all Nintendo games would

Do you think they'll update the site and include English as a supported language at some point? I have a JP copy preordered ..

This might be an odd request perhaps, but since we already have an impressive list of titles with Japanese +multi-language support, would it make sense to just add more games, given that Switch listings aren't specific to a region - the publisher selects which eShops to make the same game file available on.

The following are already in the OP:

-Thumper launched on the Japanese eShop at midnight JST with multi-language support, that exact same game listing will appear on the EUR and NA eShops later today.

-Tumbleseed currently only supports English, but it's on the Japanese eShop. Japanese language support will probably be added later but wasn't required to be listed.

-Disgaea 5's NIS-published listing supports Japanese and English, but the NISA-published release supports English and French.

Would it be useful to have a listing of which eShops the games have been made to appear, or is that too hard to manage? I'm not sure if Nintendo handles it on a per-country basis, or whether each country in the Nintendo Account country list just corresponds to one of three regions, and if a publisher wants the game to appear on, say, the French eShop, they just tick a box for Europe and it appears on several at once.

Thanks for the comment and suggestions.

This thread is solely focused on the items being listed in the Japanese eShop. It is true that the majority of games are shared between the stores supporting multiple languages, but exceptions are beginning to appear.

Other than Puyo Puyo Tetris (S) and, decidedly, Disgaea 5 Complete being different from the other stores, other games like Ultra SF II, some indie games released in Japan by Flyhigh Works and even Nintendo's own Splatoon 2 are starting to appear with Japanese-only options (at least on the store listing, which may not always be accurate like in the case of Soldam).

If you would like to use the list in this thread to create another all-inclusive thread, feel free to do so :)

Mr. Jimmy

Just to be sure, I pre-ordered the Fate/Extella limited edition from Amazon Japan, it does have English language included, right?

Thanks in advance!

I hope this thread never dies and is constantly updated in the years to come. I personally want to thank the OP and everyone for keeping track of this.

There are a bunch of Japan only games that will release for the Switch in its life time. I'm hoping since the Switch is region free the Japanese devs at the very least adds English subs for the international community. If they do the will make alot of $$$ off of me.

Fingers crossed that the first 2 Mana games in the M2 compilation have English. M2 did that with all games that had English releases in the Japanese Phantasy Star and Monster World Complete Collections on PS2. Here's hoping Square Enix is cool with that.

antibolo

Banned
I hope this thread never dies and is constantly updated in the years to come. I personally want to thank the OP and everyone for keeping track of this.

Not to discredit OP's work or anything, but I just want to point out that checking for supported languages on a eShop game is pretty easy, you can do it yourself. Every game on the eShop lists its supported languages in the details. English is 英語.

Not to discredit OP's work or anything, but I just want to point out that checking for supported languages on a eShop game is pretty easy, you can do it yourself. Every game on the eShop lists its supported languages in the details. English is 英語.

Might be a good idea to put the kanji for the languages in the original post.

Vinnk

I agree that this is one of those things people can do themselves. But I think this thread still serves a purpose. To see what games are supported in the eShop you need to click into each one and scan for the Kanji. This has a grouped list so you can see at a glance.

Also even though we know we can do it on the eshop a lot of people don't and every time this thread gets bumped a few new people can learn about it.

There are still a lot of people who don't know the Switch is region free. Can't blame them after how locked last gen was...

RedBoot

Unlimited World Red only ever had the Japanese voices, the original release of the game just featured translated text. I doubt that will change for the re-release.

(Outside of the handful of games from the 4Kids era, Unlimited Adventure on the Wii is the only OP game to feature English voiceovers)

Vinnk

Unlimited World Red only ever had the Japanese voices, the original release of the game just featured translated text. I doubt that will change for the re-release.

(Outside of the handful of games from the 4Kids era, Unlimited Adventure on the Wii is the only OP game to feature English voiceovers)

Oh, I didn't know that. I won't if there is a chance the English subtitles will be included in the Japanese version... Seems unlikely.

nynt9

Heads up: every Japanese store game I bought has shown up as "purchased" on the NA store as well, except for Disgaea 5. Seems like that one has region-specific SKUs. Game is still in English from my JP purchase, but this might complicate things if there's ever DLC.

Heads up: every Japanese store game I bought has shown up as "purchased" on the NA store as well, except for Disgaea 5. Seems like that one has region-specific SKUs. Game is still in English from my JP purchase, but this might complicate things if there's ever DLC.

Yeah, seems like Puyo Puyo Tetris (S) and Disgaea 5 Complete are separate SKUs. Thanks for the confirmation for the latter.

I suspect that Ultra Street Fighter II is also on a separate SKU. Could anyone who had bought the game digitally on any store check and see?

Some Western indie games published in Japan by Flyhigh Works only support Japanese, which suggests they are on separate SKUs.

Dremorak

Banned

So when it came out on the japanese store it already had english? Or when the english version came out it was updated?

This was the case recently with the ARMS test as well, which showed up as purchased on both sides. I was planning on getting this one digitally via Amazon Japan thanks to the huge savings I'd get with the Yen being the way it is now, and I think things will be okay since the game is only getting free content, but I am a little hesitant about this whole different SKU stuff

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for keeping us update to date on this. I think as time goes on and more titles are out in Japan only, this will become more and more important to me.

Top Bottom