• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch just outsold Xbox One worldwide

Zog

Banned
Nintendo just did something really smart, they made a console that's also a portable. It combined one of its best markets (portable) with its declining market (console). By doing so Nintendo solved a lot of issues that it had. Most notably its first-party and third-party gaming droughts. Not to mention it's affordable.

Just did? They did that almost 3 years ago. Anyway, the drawback is that third party ports are downgrades and more expensive compared to other consoles.

Just did? They did that almost 3 years ago. Anyway, the drawback is that third party ports are downgrades and more expensive compared to other consoles.
I think you're misinterpreting "just did" . I didn't mean something that they recently did, only that they did something to alleviate one of the biggest issues that Nintendo has always had. Which is the constant gaming droughts. You're right about third-party support, but it's better than not having it which in the previous generations they didn't.

Clarissa

Banned
My friend who is a great Nintendo fanboy told me that every room in a hotel, every Uber Taxi and every seat in an airplane will be installed with a switch and Nintendo will dominate the world and sell over 500 million switches.

Airbus Jr

Banned
a mod should add MISLEADING/FALSE information and/or clickbait to this thread

The beauty of owning multiple consoles
tell this to sony, they suck. xbox is so great with emulation. its incredible. there are even now NATIVE 4k xbox 360 games lol
Opinion So both, Nintendo and Microsoft copied Mark Cerny's PS4 centric social gaming philosophy and SHARE Botton...
This is SonyGAF. if you say ANYTHING Sony, you are an xbox fanboy and if you say ANYTHING positive about xbox you are a microsoft shill.
Xbox Series X... Worst name of any Console?
Because he is part of the Sony Defense Force. He needs to destroy XBOX as much as possible.

PS4 Games are Interactive Movies (let's hash this low level bait out)
Sony Defence force is triggered af. Haha pathetic. Why don’t you do the same for Xbox though? There are so many bullshit threads going on about Xbox, then THIS IS OK FOR YOU. GOD FORBID somebody say ANYTHING against your PlayStation. Then you lose your goddamn mind. Seriously, STOP sucking...
Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition announced
How can this crap game be a game of a year?
Remedy Games will be acquired/purchased by Sony, mark my words.
Meh. They only produce shit anyways. They can have them.
Sony rejected cross-play between Switch and PS4 for Fantasy Strike
SonyGAF. Seriously. What is wrong with you? Do you get paid by Sony to defend everything they do?
Are PlayStation Exclusives the Best Games in the Industry?
Maybe the best „MOVIE“-game. But gameplay wise they are boring and generic af. Just look at uncharted. So damn boring. Nintendo is Miles ahead. Also most indie devs are better than this generic crap.
Sony Positions Next PlayStation for Hard-Core Gamers.
Fake news.
LTTP: Horizon Zero Dawn, AKA Bore-izon Zero Charm
Agreed. Like most Sony exclusive games, this one is hyped af. Boring. Especially, when you compare it to Zelda BotW. It’s a freaking joke how that trash game got overhyped.
HALF OF IGN READERS WANT A NEXT-GEN CONSOLE FROM SONY THE MOST
Talking about BIAS.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
tell this to sony, they suck. xbox is so great with emulation. its incredible. there are even now NATIVE 4k xbox 360 games lol
Opinion So both, Nintendo and Microsoft copied Mark Cerny's PS4 centric social gaming philosophy and SHARE Botton...
This is SonyGAF. if you say ANYTHING Sony, you are an xbox fanboy and if you say ANYTHING positive about xbox you are a microsoft shill.
Because he is part of the Sony Defense Force. He needs to destroy XBOX as much as possible.

Sony Defence force is triggered af. Haha pathetic. Why don’t you do the same for Xbox though? There are so many bullshit threads going on about Xbox, then THIS IS OK FOR YOU. GOD FORBID somebody say ANYTHING against your PlayStation. Then you lose your goddamn mind. Seriously, STOP sucking...
His post in this thread is right thought no matter if he is biased or not.

Like I said the thread makes a claim that can be true or not because we don't have the numbers to accurate says it is already happened.

Far from it... his post is right.
The thread is jumping conclusions.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned

Busted.

Humdinger

Well, since MS hides their sales numbers, we have to rely on estimates or never say anything about it.

Granted this is just a VCG estimate, but the trajectory has been clear for a long time, and it's clear that it's going to happen or has already happened. We can't say exactly when it happened/happens, but we know it's happening. Now is as good a time as any to call it. Maybe it's off by a few months, who cares. It's not like we'll know the actual date anyway, when it does happen.

Zog

Banned
I think you're misinterpreting "just did" . I didn't mean something that they recently did, only that they did something to alleviate one of the biggest issues that Nintendo has always had. Which is the constant gaming droughts. You're right about third-party support, but it's better than not having it which in the previous generations they didn't.
Better for people who don't have an Xbox One or a PS4 I suppose but for those of us who can play the superior version of a game for half the price, the Switch isn't that great.

meirl

Banned

SonyGAF. Seriously. What is wrong with you? Do you get paid by Sony to defend everything they do?
Maybe the best „MOVIE“-game. But gameplay wise they are boring and generic af. Just look at uncharted. So damn boring. Nintendo is Miles ahead. Also most indie devs are better than this generic crap.
Fake news.
Agreed. Like most Sony exclusive games, this one is hyped af. Boring. Especially, when you compare it to Zelda BotW. It’s a freaking joke how that trash game got overhyped.
Talking about BIAS.

stalker. get a life. wtf nothing better to do than digging through others posts? pathetic lowlife and creepy AF

Mario is the longest running mascot in gaming and most recognizable worldwide. It's no surprise that more people buy switch to play Mario than they do to buy Xbox one to play with Marcus Fenix

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
His post in this thread is right thought no matter if he is biased or not.

Like I said the thread makes a claim that can be true or not because we don't have the numbers to accurate says it is already happened.

Far from it... his post is right.
The thread is jumping conclusions.

True, but even if this isn't accurate and Nintendo hasn't yet passed Xbox, I think it's safe to say that it will happen eminently. Nintendo is on fire and Xbox is wanting to move into next gen and get this disastrous gen over with.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
how so? defending myself is "creepy"? lol yeah typical victim blaming.. HE is stalking me like a pathetic neckbeard, not the other way around
no offense just an observer but that post was rather creepy to get your point across.

Last edited:
with this speed and momentum sooner or latter Switch are going to catch up wether some people on this forum going to like it or not

Yes I dismiss reports that don't have sources or confirmed numbers from Xbox. Whether or not the Switch will pass it sooner or later is nothing more than a distraction to make up for you using a faulty source. It probably will pass it sooner or later, but that's not what this thread is about, it's about making up numbers that the OP doesn't have to say the Switch passed it.

ethomaz

Banned
True, but even if this isn't accurate and Nintendo hasn't yet passed Xbox, I think it's safe to say that it will happen eminently. Nintendo is on fire and Xbox is wanting to move into next gen and get this disastrous gen over with.
Nobody deny that... Switch will pass Xbox One sales this holiday or early next year for sure.
But you can't make a claim about that yet.
It is a maybe.

Pallas

Gold Member
Not a shocker but OP frequently uses VGChartz as hard facts and it’s about as unreliable as you can get.

PocoJoe

Banned
Switch cant technically beat home consoles as it is handheld system(lite) and handheld with tv out.

Switch should be compared to wii(u)+3ds total sales and by that merit it sells shitty

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Switch 2 is going to be better, no console Nintendo will release will ever reach Wii levels of sales (rare) I mean, outselling the Xbox One isn't that impressive. Switch 2 and Nintendo will face a potentially greater console in the Series X.

Vawn

Banned
Switch 2 is going to be better, no console Nintendo will release will ever reach Wii levels of sales (rare) I mean, outselling the Xbox One isn't that impressive. Switch 2 and Nintendo will face a potentially greater console in the Series X.

I bet the Switch outsells the Wii. I don't see Nintendo moving to a new generation for several years.

It won't surpass the PS2, but I can see it joining the PS4, PS1 and Wii in the 100 million units sold club.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I bet the Switch outsells the Wii. I don't see Nintendo moving to a new generation for several years.

It won't surpass the PS2, but I can see it joining the PS4, PS1 and Wii in the 100 million units sold club.
BOTW2 would ensure Switch entering the 100 million club.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Jesus Christ. Why does every positive Nintendo thread attract the shitposting, butthurt cesspool of the internet?

Grow up and get a life. Your mass manufactured consumer games machine will be ok. Get help.

If you see a positive Nintendo thread and immediately see a red sheet and need to charge in, you need to prioritise things in your life.

ethomaz

Banned
Jesus Christ. Why does every positive Nintendo thread attract the shitposting, butthurt cesspool of the internet?

Grow up and get a life. Your mass manufactured consumer games machine will be ok. Get help.

If you see a positive Nintendo thread and immediately see a red sheet and need to charge in, you need to prioritise things in your life.
Fake news is not positive thought...

jts

...hate me...
Switch cant technically beat home consoles as it is handheld system(lite) and handheld with tv out.

Switch should be compared to wii(u)+3ds total sales and by that merit it sells shitty
we65o2o6jok31.jpg

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member

8tSCOrE.gif

What else can you expect from sore losers making up excuses?

I own every Xbox console but have enough common sense to know that nothing will ever change for the Xbox in Japan and the sooner these people realize that the faster they can cope with the worldwide results instead of attacking a console they don't like. Selling less than 100 units each week over there doesn't help with total sales numbers.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
well done Nintendo.

i'd be embarrassed if i worked at Microsoft.

the Xbox had a 4 year headstart and Nintendo just came in and destroyed it.

Last edited:

Klayzer

Fake news.
Talking about BIAS.
Damm. Fuckin destroyed

People just can't deal with Nintendo doing well, it's like it clicks something in their brains. And the desperation is so obvious that they immediately drop any pretenses and go full frontal shitposting assault from the get go. Life was easier when the Wii U was doing poorly I guess.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned

Only positive comments should be allowed in Nintendo threads?

Jooxed

Gold Member

Haters all of them, glad to see Nintendo doing well after the Wii U. Hope they continue with the output. Great time to be a fan of all three systems.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Only positive comments should be allowed in Nintendo threads?
That’s not what I said or what I meant.

There’s being intelligently critical and there’s being a petulant child that probably still has his mum buy his underwear for him. I’m talking about the latter type of posters.

But, you knew that already.

Zog

Banned
That’s not what I said or what I meant.

There’s being intelligently critical and there’s being a petulant child that probably still has his mum buy his underwear for him. I’m talking about the latter type of posters.

But, you knew that already.

Examples of the 'not ok' kind, please?

SleepDoctor

Banned

Agreed but still doesn't change this kid is just flamebaiting..

Its bad enough we have like 20 xbox threads since the "reveal". But just as bad that these pathetic fanboys are crying in every single thread and now posting flamebait threads.

Almost makes me feel sorry for them... "almost"

Top Bottom