• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch is entering “the middle of its life cycle” as it approaches its fourth year, company president Shuntaro Furukawa has said.

And thats okay, it's simply your taste, but it doesn't mean "Switch has no games" or "shit games" and you cant really blame Nintendo for not making games for your specific liking.

I never said it didn't have games i just its lacking compared to other consoles because of thirdparty support. I'm not blaming nintendo its impossible for them to compete IMO against everyone in the industry in terms of quantity, quality and diversity, plus it's handheld and i don't really like handheld gaming, i need a powerful console, can't wait for nextgen already.

EDMIX

Because simply don't need to, you want them "fill those gap" because you want Nintendo be more like PS4/X1

Nope.

I want Nintendo to branch out and not limit themselves to same fucking concepts over and over and over again. I don't even know why you'd be mad at more content. I think the criticism is justified.

WildBoy

Nintendo puts out more titles with more variety than any publisher today... They make games no one else even does and no one else wants to. Astral Chain is way harder than god of war will ever be and that's ok. God of war is made for a mainstream audience. We are talking from experience playing BOTH games. You have only played one. So forgive us if we think your opinion is a little in uninformed. Valid but still uninformed. The fact you said Nintendo games have no challenge makes me think you are just trolling... Donkey Kong is hard as nails hell even Mario Vs Rabbids is tough! And Breath of the Wild and Mario were tough for me and I got 900 korok seeds and 999 moons! Difficulty in Nintendo games is in the end game events. Nintendo has learnt the mastery of creating a game for a mainstream audience and still making the game have the difficulty the hardcore seek. This is why they are the best in the biz and for the foreseeable future will be. This is coming from an owner of an Xbox One, PS4 and Switch. In fact their is more content for me on switch atm and I find me playing that more. Doesn't mean I didn't play Death Stranding and loved it though.

Aldric

Fucking hell this thread is awful. What's wrong with Sony fanboys, why does Nintendo live rent free inside their heads?

Nintendo puts out more titles with more variety than any publisher today... They make games no one else even does and no one else wants to. Astral Chain is way harder than god of war will ever be and that's ok. God of war is made for a mainstream audience. We are talking from experience playing BOTH games. You have only played one. So forgive us if we think your opinion is a little in uninformed. Valid but still uninformed. The fact you said Nintendo games have no challenge makes me think you are just trolling... Donkey Kong is hard as nails hell even Mario Vs Rabbids is tough! And Breath of the Wild and Mario were tough for me and I got 900 korok seeds and 999 moons! Difficulty in Nintendo games is in the end game events. Nintendo has learnt the mastery of creating a game for a mainstream audience and still making the game have the difficulty the hardcore seek. This is why they are the best in the biz and for the foreseeable future will be. This is coming from an owner of an Xbox One, PS4 and Switch. In fact their is more content for me on switch atm and I find me playing that more. Doesn't mean I didn't play Death Stranding and loved it though.

Breath of the wild is not tough, the only tough boss is the Lynell once you figure him out the rest is smooth selling. God of war mode was regarded impossible by the mainstream there tons of videos about it on youtube. mario rabbids is a ubi soft game and i have 0 interest in puzzle game. i hate over done collectibles, like korok seeds and moons thats a borefest to me i have to play 100 hours of a game to finally get a challenge, no thanks. I love games with fun combat like ninja gaiden, sikero, bloodborne, and god of war. zelda is a great game because of the exploration, the combat was trash for me, along with the weapon breaking. i recently played 3d world and that was pure trash felt like i was playing a game made for babies.

Last edited:

RealGassy

Banned
Did you play Luigi's Mansion 3 yet? Astral Chain? Links Awakening? Those 3 alone have made my year in games... Let alone ring fit adventure, Mario maker 2
(Zelda stuff is an absolute game changer) and cadence of hyrule... Feel like it's the first time Nintendo has felt back like it did in the GameCube days.
LM is a very polished and pretty game, but at it's core it's a very simple by the numbers collectathon.
Links Awakening is a remake.
Astral Chain... I'm stuck on one of the early chapters, because playing the game feels like work, it makes me do chores, it's just boring.

I can feel how badly you want this whole "Switch has no gaems" angle to be true, but it's just not going to happen.
But it is true, if you don't like "toddler gaming" there's not much coming out.

Unfortunately, "toddler games" sell a lot of copies, even the shitty ones like NSMBU Deluxe.

NSMBU Deluxe sold more than XC2 and FE:3H combined, so this is the sort of shit you're going to get.
No need to make games with substance or bankroll and incentivize a whole bunch of third party devs if basic toddler games continue to sell like hotcakes.

Last edited:
So you are gonna ignore platinum just saying a few days ago saying they are not sure if it's a success or not? if was a real success they would have never stated that. like i said before ok sales can be made to look like a success when in reality they are just ok sales.

Straight from horse's mouth.

"Platinum has a really good relationship with Nintendo. We’ve been with Nintendo from the very beginning and we’ve released a lot of games with them, including Astral Chain which recently released and was a big success. So I think it’s largely thanks to our relationship with Nintendo that they kind of decided to give us a break. I think it’s our history that it’s largely attributed to. We were quite surprised ourselves. This is usually not something that is allowed in the games industry. We see it as a very unique opportunity that Nintendo has given us and we’re pleased to have it."

Straight from horse's mouth.

"Platinum has a really good relationship with Nintendo. We’ve been with Nintendo from the very beginning and we’ve released a lot of games with them, including Astral Chain which recently released and was a big success. So I think it’s largely thanks to our relationship with Nintendo that they kind of decided to give us a break. I think it’s our history that it’s largely attributed to. We were quite surprised ourselves. This is usually not something that is allowed in the games industry. We see it as a very unique opportunity that Nintendo has given us and we’re pleased to have it."

Yea i saw that, then he goes on to say we are hoping it will be a success on switch it's too early, developers lie all the time. A big success is at least 2 million for a AAA game.

Yea i saw that, then he goes on to say we are hoping it will be a success on switch it's too early, developers lie all the time. A big success is at least 2 million for a AAA game.
Selling over 1M copies at $60 like AC in ~50M install base = Success

Selling over 1M copies at discounted prices like Bayonetta in ~100M install base = Failures

For comparison, DMC V only selling just over 3M in ~200M install base.

Last edited:
keep in mind that 1 million is sell in and not sell through. there could be as much 300-400k copies sitting on shelves WW.
AC director Toura : AC sales is above expectation.

P+ Inaba : AC was a huge success

Nintendo : Over 1M copies sold

Siekro1983 ; they're not sure whether it's success or not

UnacceptableTheseBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

Keep spinning

Last edited:
AC director Toura : AC sales is above expectation.

P+ Inaba : AC was a huge success

Nintendo : Over 1M copies sold

Siekro1983 ; they're not sure whether it's success or not

Keep spinning

So did i pull the words out of my ass? Inaba when asked about a port said in his own words, it's just came out and they are hoping it will be a success on switch, explain why would he say that?

Read the whole interview instead of jawmucher ps hardcore fanboy crop image on Reera.

What can you tell us about how Astral Chain has done? It seems like it’s been a big success both critically and commercially.

Inaba: Of course we are very, very pleased with its success. In particular, the feedback that we’ve gotten from reviews is very high. We hear that it’s been sold out in a lot of places, so we’re very pleased. We make the game, we don’t sell the games, so to get that kind of confirmation from users makes us very happy.

“The fact that Astral Chain is very successful is good, but it’s hard to say whether a game can ‘save’ us as a company or not. We just want to continue to make the best games possible.”

Last edited:
Read the whole interview instead of jawmucher ps hardcore fanboy crop image on Reera.

What can you tell us about how Astral Chain has done? It seems like it’s been a big success both critically and commercially.

Inaba: Of course we are very, very pleased with its success. In particular, the feedback that we’ve gotten from reviews is very high. We hear that it’s been sold out in a lot of places, so we’re very pleased. We make the game, we don’t sell the games, so to get that kind of confirmation from users makes us very happy.

“The fact that Astral Chain is very successful is good, but it’s hard to say whether a game can ‘save’ us as a company or not. We just want to continue to make the best games possible.”

I read the whole interview, i'm telling you i don't know of any any AAA developers that considers 1 million units enough, along with his choice of words seems like he's unsure, but then again reading the interview they don't sale the games they only make them, so he probably isn't to concerned.

MagnesG

Banned
I read the whole interview, i'm telling you i don't know of any any AAA developers that considers 1 million units enough, along with his choice of words seems like he's unsure, but then again reading the interview they don't sale the games they only make them, so he probably isn't to concerned.
How did you know Astral Chain had AAA budgets for it?

I also remember capcom being unhappy with DMC4 only selling 3 million, that why they tried to reboot the franchise. we didn't get a true sequel till 10 years later, samething with dead rising 3.

Astral Chain is AAA? 🤣

PowerlessTotalKakarikis-size_restricted.gif

I'm not sure. the game sure does look AAA especially for a switch game.
Game looks cool equals to AAA budget? No shit Sherlock.

Pokemon SwSh looks like crap but the budget of that game is massive which easily qualified as an AAA game.

AAA Nintendo games = 3D Mario, 3D Zelda, Mainline/Remake Pokemon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and 2D Mario.

All of those games have top tier marketing promotion from Nintendo. Zelda Botw commercial appears on Superbowl commercial breaks.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member

Both Platinum and Nintendo literally said Astral Chain exceeded expectations.

The goal was probably to sell better than Bayonetta, cause that was the highest result from Platinum on a Nintendo console and it did.

Nintendo is the most transparent about this to their investors, they have called out games underperforming in the past, so i don't know why people here want desperately to find failure even where there isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give it a rest, shithead. You've been proven wrong over and over again and yet you keep harping on the same bs?

the developer in own words said he is hoping its a success shitface like i said why would he say that. probably they wanna port it so they can have some real money to make better games

the developer in own words said he is hoping its a success shitface like i said why would he say that. probably they wanna port it so they can have some real money to make better games
Director own words Taura and P+ Inaba said the game was a huge success 🤔 should we believe them or some random user on neogaf 🤣

Mr Hyde

the developer in own words said he is hoping its a success shitface like i said why would he say that

And they have also said numerous times it was a success, exceeding their own expectations, why don't you believe them saying that? Because it doesn't fit your shit narrative? Your clinging on to this one quote and keep repeating it over and over, it's fucking pathetic. Your only in here to shit up the thread with your fucking nonsense.

And they have also said numerous times it was a success, exceeding their own expectations, why don't you believe them saying that? Because it doesn't fit your shit narrative? Your clinging on to this one quote and keep repeating it over and over, it's fucking pathetic. Your only in here to shit up the thread with your fucking nonsense.

I told you a million times why i don't believe what they are saying because 1 million isn't good enough these days, and 2 the developer let his real feeling about the game sales in the interview by mistake. its like me telling my family my business is succesful then 5 minutes later telling them i hope my business is successful you can read the person between the lines.

Last edited:

WildBoy

I told you a million times why i don't believe what they are saying because 1 million isn't good enough these days, and 2 the developer let his real feeling about the game sales in the interview by mistake. its like me telling my family my business is succesful then 5 minutes later telling them i hope my business is successful you can read the person between the lines.

It's mistranslated. It's obvious. They hope Astral chain continues to be a success on switch.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is not a simple game at all... A lot of physics processes and clever intricately designed world.. What are your fav all time games just out of curiosity...

It's mistranslated. It's obvious. They hope Astral chain continues to be a success on switch.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is not a simple game at all... A lot of physics processes and clever intricately designed world.. What are your fav all time games just out of curiosity...
my fave games of all time. for its time meaning that they dont hold up anymore

sikero
god of war
bloodborne
ninja gaiden black
link to the past
batman AC and ak
last of us for its time
zelda oot for its time
mario 64 for its time
resident evil 4 for its time
MGSV
MGS 2 for its time
gran turismo

WildBoy

my fave games of all time. for its time meaning that they dont hold up anymore

sikero
god of war
bloodborne
ninja gaiden black
link to the past
batman AC and ak
last of us for its time
zelda oot for its time
mario 64 for its time
resident evil 4 for its time
MGSV
MGS 2 for its time
gran turismo

Nice list. But clearly you don't own a switch yet.

Nice list. But clearly you don't own a switch yet.

I have a wiiu. BOTW is 9 out 10 me, and so is tropic freeze, those are the games i really felt were must haves. hated 3d world, it killed my interest i had in mario odyssey. i have read many impressions for mario odyssey they all talk about the lack of platforming and lack of challenge at the other site so i really have no interest anymore.

WildBoy

I have a wiiu. BOTW is 9 out 10 me, and so is tropic freeze, those are the games i really felt were must haves. hated 3d world, it killed my interest i had in mario odyssey. i have read many impressions for mario odyssey they all talk about the lack of platforming and lack of challenge at the other site so i really have no interest anymore.

LOL. Go find out for yourself sir - peoples opinions are not your own. ;)

Unfortunately, "toddler games" sell a lot of copies, even the shitty ones like NSMBU Deluxe.

NSMBU Deluxe sold more than XC2 and FE:3H combined, so this is the sort of shit you're going to get.
No need to make games with substance or bankroll and incentivize a whole bunch of third party devs if basic toddler games continue to sell like hotcakes.

"Toddler games"? Okay everyone, abandon thread now, this is not a drill, this is now a low effort shitposting no man's land.

LM is a very polished and pretty game, but at it's core it's a very simple by the numbers collectathon.
Links Awakening is a remake.
Astral Chain... I'm stuck on one of the early chapters, because playing the game feels like work, it makes me do chores, it's just boring.

Fun fact, NSMBUD is harder than TLOU and Uncharted series combined.

Gameplay>Movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom