• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch games UPDATE: Brand new exclusive REVEALED for 2019

Nintendo-Switch-1107577.jpg

(Nintendo Switch fans have just found out about another new exclusive launch in 2019 (Image: NINTENDO) )​

Nintendo Switch games list has got even better with another new exclusive revealed for this year. The Nintendo Switch has an enviable selection of exclusive games with plenty of essential games out on the system right now. From Super Mario Odyssey, to Breath of the Wild, to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, to Super Smash Bros Ultimate - there’s plenty of great games to choose from. And the Nintendo Switch games list is getting even better with the release of Pokemon Sword and Shield this year as well as Animal Crossing Switch.
These are just a few of the already released and upcoming Switch exclusives, and there’s another brand new one that has just been announced.
The latest title in the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series is set to launch exclusively for consoles on the Nintendo Switch.

The description for the game reads: “The latest in the beloved Mario and Sonic crossover series. “Players can experience the Olympic Games events together, using the Joy-Con on the Nintendo Switch.”
Activities shown for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 include sprinting, badminton, skateboarding, shot put and long jump.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is set to release on the Nintendo Switch in winter 2019.
The news comes after Nintendo Switch fans were treated to a great offer this week.

Sonic and Olympics at the games with Mario was a huge franchise on the Nintendo Wii, and I suspect that the cross-over will continue to be big on the Switch leading to some good sales. The last one iirc sold over 3 million units but keep in mind it was also on the Wii U which wasn't doing so well.

With the Switch being a more popular consoles than the Wii U was it's hard to predict but likely the sales will be quite large. it's also been the franchise were Sonic actually sells since his actual games aren't doing to well these days, such as Sonic Forces.

Dock your Switch to enjoy 60fps high-speed gameplay!

Saruhashi

Banned
Nintendo-Switch-1107577.jpg

(Nintendo Switch fans have just found out about another new exclusive launch in 2019 (Image: NINTENDO) )​

Sonic and Olympics at the games with Mario was a huge franchise on the Nintendo Wii, and I suspect that the cross-over will continue to be big on the Switch leading to some good sales. The last one iirc sold over 3 million units but keep in mind it was also on the Wii U which wasn't doing so well.

With the Switch being a more popular consoles than the Wii U was it's hard to predict but likely the sales will be quite large. it's also been the franchise were Sonic actually sells since his actual games aren't doing to well these days, such as Sonic Forces.

Dock your Switch to enjoy 60fps high-speed gameplay!

Meh. I am planning on playing exclusively on Stadia so not interested in this.

Shifty

OP's credibility is approaching the event horizon :messenger_tears_of_joy:

(It's FULL of STARS)

Also lol at intentionally omitting the fact that it's Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games from the title. Can't be having people skip over a thread they have no reason to give a shit about!

PocoJoe

Banned
Switch have been a huge disapointment to me.

2019 and games I have liked for it:
zelda
xenoblade 2
mario+rabbids.

Thats about it, mario kart, mario odyssey, splatoon, arms, almost all other IPs have been uninteresting garbage.

3rd party games are worse versions vs ps4, then there are good games but they are wiiu ports that I already own.

Then 1000+ indies and 99.9% are garbage, so no motivation to find good ones and I rather play nes/snes anyway than badly made copies of that era.

So, I hope that they will release something good on 2019.

What saved switch to me is that it is so easily modded, and it is really great as an emulator console. I have been playing nes/snes games on it and I like it.

Switch offers just way too little of big deep quality AAA-games

mcjmetroid

zelda
xenoblade 2
mario+rabbids.

Thats about it, mario kart, mario odyssey, splatoon, arms, almost all other IPs have been uninteresting garbage.

3rd party games are worse versions vs ps4, then there are good games but they are wiiu ports that I already own.

Then 1000+ indies and 99.9% are garbage, so no motivation to find good ones and I rather play nes/snes anyway than badly made copies of that era.

What saved switch to me is that it is so easily modded, and it is really great as an emulator console. I have been playing nes/snes games on it and I like it.

Sounds like you bought a Nintendo console expecting it not to be a Nintendo console.

VertigoOA

Banned
Mario and Sonic at the olympics? I’d rather play with dog poop.

No metroid. No buy. Enough with the mario shit. That’s the cookie cutter garbage version of nintendo.

Last edited:

zenspider

zelda
xenoblade 2
mario+rabbids.

You should pop in the indie threads here. There are so many strong indie titles available on Switch, and if you're a fan of NES/SNES era games, you're already past most people's biggest obstacle - the graphics.

came in expecting Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle 2.

i mean..... we all know its coming and theres no way its gonna take longer than 2 years for an ubisoft sequel

OldBoyGamer

Banned

zelda
xenoblade 2
mario+rabbids.

I kind of agree with you here and kind of disagree too. :D

I found that the lack of too many AAA super games on the system has meant that I play purchased Switch games for longer than I do purchased games on both XB1 and PS4 (in general I mean, not in every case).

I played BotW to end, MarioO to end, PokemonLGE currently still playing but i'm many hours in.

I've just got Yoshi and first impressions are that I'll likely play that quite a bit too.

But, the fact remains that I'm still sitting here with my wishlist of games I'd love to have on it and there's no sign of them - everything from Metroid to Animal Crossing to next main Pokemon to Pikmin, to next Zelda to next Mario etc. some of those are in the making so I feel it's just a matter of patience. I feel that, by the time the Switch is done, it will have a library of some of Nintendo's best games. But I do WantThemAllNowFFS!!

I also agree with you about the modding aspect. Bloody hell it's one heck of an emulation machine. Playing MAME, NES, SNES, Megadrive and Speccy games on it is just amazing. The fact it runs Ninja Warriors coin op with a decent FR just made me melt. :D

To be fair to OP the thread title is literally the article title.

Looking At the source website, almost all their titles are clickable.

Top Bottom