• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch dominates Top Ten as lockdown boosts game sales | UK Boxed Charts

UGH New Super Mario Bros Deluxe at 9. Who would buy such a lazy and mediocre experience? Get Mario Maker 2 for christ sakes. Crash 4 is nowhere to be seen, but this game is still selling? Why
Because Nintendo audience buys whatever with mario in it, even when many mario games are 6/10 games. Marios face makes them 10/10 in their eyes.

Also "nothing else to play" because The weak hardware strategy makes 3rd party games less appealing

Woman7

Banned
It's a fun game though, especially in local multiplayer. Seems like a smart buy with the family in quarantine and all.

video games nintendo GIF

Orta

Banned
Because Nintendo audience buys whatever with mario in it, even when many mario games are 6/10 games. Marios face makes them 10/10 in their eyes.

Also "nothing else to play" because The weak hardware strategy makes 3rd party games less appealing

And still its wiping its arse on every other console.

Lol.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Damn Nintenbots are not only buying a second or third copy of the same Mario just to keep their dear company afloat but also seem to be somehow reproducing... I think we all saw it wrong, guys... Nintend is not doomed, we are!

/s

Astorian

Cyberpunk sales seem to have been really frontloaded, at 20 already.

Where them nextgen exclusive games at? Not even in top 10? But GAF told me people only want to play nextgen exclusive games and nothing else?
How many PS5’s were sold last week?

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
even when many mario games are 6/10 games. Marios face makes them 10/10 in their eyes.
Most are definitely quality products objectively speaking and even when they aren't, which is rare, I've never seen someone glamourizing about the likes of Mario Ultra Tennis.

Chastten

Banned
Bought the game for full price on Wii U and bought it again at nearly full price on Switch last year just to spite the Sony fanboys that don't buy their favorite games until they are €10 or less.

On a more serious note - I like the game, and it's an absolutely amazing experience in local co-op. Grab a few mates, a few beers and just enjoy the hell out of it. It's not the most amazing game ever or anything but it's well worth €50.
Also really looking forward to 3D World which is an even better game and I've already pre-ordered that for €55 after spending €60 on it on Wii U. It sucks to have money I guess.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the game for full price on Wii U and bought it again at nearly full price on Switch last year just to spite the Sony fanboys that don't buy their favorite games until they are €10 or less.

On a more serious note - I like the game, and it's an absolutely amazing experience in local co-op. Grab a few mates, a few beers and just enjoy the hell out of it. It's not the most amazing game ever or anything but it's well worth €50.
Also really looking forward to 3D World which is an even better game and I've already pre-ordered that for €55 after spending €60 on it on Wii U. It sucks to have money I guess.
New Super Mario games are competent platformers and they do have very decent mechanics. They also show Nintendo at their safest and laziest. I really hope the next 2D-Mario will be something more unique.

Woopah

The "nothing else to play" argument never made any sense. People don't but a platform and say "damn there's no games I like on this thing I bought, better pick up games I don't really like."

People buy a platform because it has the games they want, whether that's Animal Crossing, Minecraft and Mario on Switch or GTA, FIFA and COD on PS4.

Top Bottom